HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:08 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
epoweredrc's Avatar
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,818 Posts
I would love a aluminium swash but want to get my tail holding right first.
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:26 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
I would love a aluminium swash but want to get my tail holding right first.
What seems to be the problem with your tail? All 3 of my 130X's have no tail issues so far and they are completely stock (aside from the Walkera bearings in the tail box). Each one is set-up a little differently. 1 has the HP08S with a glued C gear, they other has flange bearings changed with stock motor and the last one is all stock.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:09 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
epoweredrc's Avatar
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
What seems to be the problem with your tail? All 3 of my 130X's have no tail issues so far and they are completely stock (aside from the Walkera bearings in the tail box). Each one is set-up a little differently. 1 has the HP08S with a glued C gear, they other has flange bearings changed with stock motor and the last one is all stock.
Well like all it vibrates on spool up. About quarter throttle but past that it sems ok. But in flight sometimes tail holds great but other times it blows out doing flips. Got about 20 flights on it and i would say 5 had solid tail whole flight. Strange that lot of times first 2 mins are solid then rest not so well i have played with the gyro gains from -6 up to +8 +6-8 seem to work best
Otherday in fff seem had some fast wagging there but cut downany and it went back to blowing out.

Guess should get some kbdd tail blades the yellow eflite came with heli i cant get all vibration out using tape trick
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:12 PM
Rocket Programmer
jasmine2501's Avatar
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
Well like all it vibrates on spool up. About quarter throttle but past that it sems ok. But in flight sometimes tail holds great but other times it blows out doing flips. Got about 20 flights on it and i would say 5 had solid tail whole flight. Strange that lot of times first 2 mins are solid then rest not so well i have played with the gyro gains from -6 up to +8 +6-8 seem to work best
Otherday in fff seem had some fast wagging there but cut downany and it went back to blowing out.

Guess should get some kbdd tail blades the yellow eflite came with heli i cant get all vibration out using tape trick
I'm using the orange blades and I don't know if this is true with other blades or if it matters what blades you use, but you can fly the thing hard enough to bog the motor and have a tail blow-out because of that.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:29 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
epoweredrc's Avatar
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
I'm using the orange blades and I don't know if this is true with other blades or if it matters what blades you use, but you can fly the thing hard enough to bog the motor and have a tail blow-out because of that.
Dont think i have been able to fly hard enough to bog. Mine just kicks out during flips and rainbows. Plan to try new tail blades and aluminium pitch slider new bearings i guess
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:30 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
Well like all it vibrates on spool up. About quarter throttle but past that it sems ok. But in flight sometimes tail holds great but other times it blows out doing flips. Got about 20 flights on it and i would say 5 had solid tail whole flight. Strange that lot of times first 2 mins are solid then rest not so well i have played with the gyro gains from -6 up to +8 +6-8 seem to work best
Otherday in fff seem had some fast wagging there but cut downany and it went back to blowing out.

Guess should get some kbdd tail blades the yellow eflite came with heli i cant get all vibration out using tape trick
I am assuming that you have already spun the heli without any blades installed and all is smooth. Make sure you look from directly behind the heli to make sure that the tail spindle and grips are in fact square. Your problem sounds a lot like my buddy's heli. It would hold okay until he flipped it and put some load on the mains. It appears that caused the HS to slow a bit enough to put the tail into the vibration rpm which caused wagging and eventually a tail failure (he sent it back to HH and now all is good). I am flying all of my helis at -4 clicks on the tail with no blow-outs even with Manny going all out on them. So it appears there might be something wrong with your board.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:54 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
epoweredrc's Avatar
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,818 Posts
Yeah its strange sometimes fine then others itblows out.
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:21 PM
Registered User
sideburn's Avatar
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno View Post
It sounds like you have a vibration problem, the stock slider doesnt break from normal use but if the tail has a vibe it will snap the pin off the bottom of the slider. a vibe could cause the blades to break too.

I have about 200 flights on a stock slider and tail blades but this heli has no spool up vibes.

On the other hand, I bought one that had a spool up vibe and it tossed a tail blade and broke the slider pin in a matter of minutes..lol
no vibration issues that I can see.. I had the slider breaking problem from the day i took the heli out of the box. must be the way I fly or something. I was slamming the sticks pretty hard.
sideburn is online now Find More Posts by sideburn
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:21 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Menlo Park
Joined Nov 2005
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
I am flying all of my helis at -4 clicks on the tail with no blow-outs even with Manny going all out on them.
My 130 X has the stock bullet main blades and the Blade orange tail blades. All my gyro gains are set to default: 0.

It's been 60 flights since I balanced the tail blades, and I haven't seen the tail step out once, even with my terrible collective management.

When I botch a tic-toc it takes full collective to stop the heli from smacking into the ground. The head bogs and the headspeed plummets, but the tail stays planted. It's amazing to watch.

I love this heli.
ifoguy is offline Find More Posts by ifoguy
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:27 PM
Registered User
liduno's Avatar
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
no vibration issues that I can see.. I had the slider breaking problem from the day i took the heli out of the box. must be the way I fly or something. I was slamming the sticks pretty hard.
No amount of stick banging should break the slider.
liduno is offline Find More Posts by liduno
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:31 PM
Registered User
sideburn's Avatar
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno View Post
No amount of stick banging should break the slider.
hm well I dont know. I cant tell any vibrating seems smooth to me..
I remember one slider lasted one flight only. It was so rediculous I had to shelf the heli and wait a month until i got the MH metal slider. Its been all good ever since then except for an occasional tai blade throwing out. Going to get some KBDD tail blades.

I just had an awesome mid air collision with an mcpx..
130x survived with just a tiny nick on the main blade.. The mcpx got busted up pretty badly though
sideburn is online now Find More Posts by sideburn
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:16 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
epoweredrc's Avatar
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,818 Posts
I just took my main and tail blades both off and ran the heli up the tail rod does not vibrate but the tail fin is vibrating and if i put my finger on the fin i feel some vibration throught the whole throttle range. So im guessing from bad bearings. But seems tail blades out blance is there another way to blance them?
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:12 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,293 Posts
I just got my 130X on friday. (my birthday gift to self.) I put 1 1/2 batteries through it with MAJOR tail vibes at spool up. It cracked the tail bearing housing, rubbed the pitch slider pin almost in half, and wouldn't even spool up without going into overload protection. I took it back to the LHS and another guy was there who went through it with his and helped me out. The LHS owner gave me the parts to fix what broke and what caused the vibes. The cause was the T tail blade hub not being 90* so the tail blade tracking was way off. Now when I spool up it only has a split second of vibes and is totally smooth afterwords. Have about 12 flights on her now and all is well.
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:09 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
For those of you who are considering the Microheli "upgraded" tail shaft and grips...save your money. I got 2 in the mail yesterday and installed them after installing the metal tail box. The first attempt went like this. Completed installation and on the first spool up there was the trademark huge vibration but before I could spool down the vib caused the tail shaft to bend!!! What a piece.. Then I installed the second one and was very careful about the RPM's to catch the vib early and balance the tail blades before blowing the shaft out again. I got it balanced to where there was no vib up to 40% throttle (I run 100% at midstick in Nor mode) so I felt it may be okay. So I took all the way to 100% and again the light vibration caused the shaft to blow out.. Unbelievable. So I went through 2 new sets without ever leaving the ground.. Are you kidding me???

I reinstalled the stock tail shaft and grips (they are still the original ones from day one). Balanced the blades and all is well again. Should have know by now...If it broke, don't fix it.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:57 PM
Registered User
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
For those of you who are considering the Microheli "upgraded" tail shaft and grips...save your money. I got 2 in the mail yesterday and installed them after installing the metal tail box. The first attempt went like this. Completed installation and on the first spool up there was the trademark huge vibration but before I could spool down the vib caused the tail shaft to bend!!! What a piece.. Then I installed the second one and was very careful about the RPM's to catch the vib early and balance the tail blades before blowing the shaft out again. I got it balanced to where there was no vib up to 40% throttle (I run 100% at midstick in Nor mode) so I felt it may be okay. So I took all the way to 100% and again the light vibration caused the shaft to blow out.. Unbelievable. So I went through 2 new sets without ever leaving the ground.. Are you kidding me???

I reinstalled the stock tail shaft and grips (they are still the original ones from day one). Balanced the blades and all is well again. Should have know by now...If it broke, don't fix it.
I too have the new Microheli tail shaft and grips. I haven't installed them yet. Microheli has a hardened tail shaft, but it is backordered. Also, I don't think the Microheli grips will fit on the stock shaft. Has anyone modified them to fit a stock shaft?
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale New in the box E-Flite Taylorcraft ARF Kit plus High Performance E-Flite components Philscho Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Aug 19, 2012 12:25 AM
For Sale E-Flite 300 32e SHP ****SOLD*** E-Flite still aviable tomtheman Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Mar 28, 2012 08:01 PM
Sold E-flite 60A ESC w/ E-flite Brushless 1010kV Motor joshfneptune Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 3 Mar 05, 2012 08:18 PM
Discussion E-Flite Taylorcraft 450 ARF Kit and High Power E-Flite electrical components $300 Philscho Hot Online Deals 1 Mar 02, 2012 08:11 PM
Discussion E-Flite Su-26 and E-flite Extra 260 repair Joe Slow Crash Discussion 1 Sep 27, 2011 11:50 AM