SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:28 AM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
Got any pics? Like to see how you mounted it thanks
This is where I got my idea from on the DS35 http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=452649

Bob

Oh, and this servo is lighter and faster than the stock one and the way it is mounted does not affected any flight characteristics. I like it better than the stock servo. In order to get the same travel your stock servo gave, you have to reverse the tail grips and up your D/R on Rudder to 120.
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Last edited by Willyboy; Sep 24, 2012 at 08:41 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:29 AM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,822 Posts
Thanks for link tnt a good man always showing us something new
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:03 AM
United States, FL, Oviedo
Joined Apr 2011
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno View Post
It sounds like you have a vibration problem, the stock slider doesnt break from normal use but if the tail has a vibe it will snap the pin off the bottom of the slider. a vibe could cause the blades to break too.

I have about 200 flights on a stock slider and tail blades but this heli has no spool up vibes.

On the other hand, I bought one that had a spool up vibe and it tossed a tail blade and broke the slider pin in a matter of minutes..lol
why is it when anyone complains about the pin on the slider being too fragile you immediately refute the claim and base it on bad vibes. Even after I have complained about it breaking twice just trying to pop the ball link off the top of the slider which is obviously not due to vibrations.
cgriffith is offline Find More Posts by cgriffith
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:39 PM
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
Thanks for link tnt a good man always showing us something new
Yes, he is a great guy. If I have a problem, I always email him and he gets back to me immediately. I now have 24 flights on the DS35 servo and it works like a dream. I have 98 flights on my bird and it just runs sweeter and sweeter. I have an HP08 outrunner motor coming today with the extra CF brace support from Dylan. Don't know when I will get around to installing it.

Bob
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:48 PM
United States, TX, Belton
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgriffith View Post
why is it when anyone complains about the pin on the slider being too fragile you immediately refute the claim and base it on bad vibes. Even after I have complained about it breaking twice just trying to pop the ball link off the top of the slider which is obviously not due to vibrations.
Probably because that is the main reason for the pins breaking off...mine is white at the base of it...looking like it is about to break...Mine is due to horrific vibes...
I don't think he was trying to be ugly and refute your claim...I think he was just trying to help. Sounds like you actually broke it because it is difficult to get the ball link off the other side of it, and it turns in your fingers and bends/breaks the pin...(I'M NOT trying to judge you on this, just stating what it sounds like from your description)
I do, however agree with you that it is a bit on the thin side and needs improved! I wish the manufacturers would test these things out a little more before they are released! How about puting a double ball link mechanism instead of a ball link and a tiny thin 'pin' that breaks too easily!
I have a new one coming in from HH...I told him it was white on the base and the guy said it looks like it is getting ready to break, and said he would send another one to me!
If you don't have the Rakon upgrade, you might consider that!
PKM_Heliman is offline Find More Posts by PKM_Heliman
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:57 PM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgriffith View Post
Because I have seen too many stock sliders with hundreds of flights on them.

The trick to taking the slider off and putting it back on with out breaking the pin is to use the tail rotor shaft as a handle, you pull the slider straight back to remove it and you push it in and up to install it.

On a side note, there have been people with aluminum sliders having the pin worn off from vibes.
liduno is offline Find More Posts by liduno
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:19 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,496 Posts
Quote:

On a side note, there have been people with aluminum sliders having the pin worn off from vibes.
I noticed that my aluminum slider has a nice flat spot on the pin, but I don't think it is from vibration. There is quite a bit of force on the pin. When the tail changes pitch, the pin slides back and forth in the fork. I am going to start greasing it to see if I can slow down the erosion.
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:38 PM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post
I noticed that my aluminum slider has a nice flat spot on the pin, but I don't think it is from vibration. There is quite a bit of force on the pin. When the tail changes pitch, the pin slides back and forth in the fork. I am going to start greasing it to see if I can slow down the erosion.
keeping it lubed couldn't hurt.
liduno is offline Find More Posts by liduno
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:46 PM
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
keeping it lubed couldn't hurt.
I just did eight flights with mine this morning and after every flying session, I go over the complete bird with a thorough cleaning and re-lube every bearing and moving part on it. It's like my bird is so friction free. When I shut it down it just wants to keep spinning and spinning. If one take the time to go through there bird when they first get it, you will save yourself a lot of grief and have a fun flying bird.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:14 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,496 Posts
Range test

Can I get a few people to do a range check with their 130X? I have been having range issues with mine and now a friend of mine is having similar problems. MIne and his stop responding at about 15 to 20 paces. Should be 30 paces minimum.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:20 PM
Just some guy, you know?
San Diego, CA
Joined Oct 2008
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
I just did eight flights with mine this morning and after every flying session, I go over the complete bird with a thorough cleaning and re-lube every bearing and moving part on it. It's like my bird is so friction free. When I shut it down it just wants to keep spinning and spinning. If one take the time to go through there bird when they first get it, you will save yourself a lot of grief and have a fun flying bird.
Don't lube your swash - I made that mistake and it only aided the two swash parts in separating at the bearing.

Whiskey
Wiskey is offline Find More Posts by Wiskey
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:21 PM
Just some guy, you know?
San Diego, CA
Joined Oct 2008
411 Posts
I found a trick to really improve the flying characteristics of mine.

I'm not sure why, but even slow piro's always made my nose dive one way, and climb the other - so I mixed a little elevator in with the rudder (about 17%) and it is much improved.

Whiskey
Wiskey is offline Find More Posts by Wiskey
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:24 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiskey View Post
Don't lube your swash - I made that mistake and it only aided the two swash parts in separating at the bearing.

Whiskey
I put a drop of oil on mine occasionally and haven't had any problems. I'll have to say they much improved the 130X swash over the MCPX. Does anyone make an aluminum swash for the 130X?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:47 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post
I put a drop of oil on mine occasionally and haven't had any problems. I'll have to say they much improved the 130X swash over the MCPX. Does anyone make an aluminum swash for the 130X?
Just got my metal swashes from Microheli this morning. Will be installing it with the metal blade grips when I get home from work. I'm trying to keep my HP08S version from blowing apart when Manny flies her next time. LOL.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:55 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
Just got my metal swashes from Microheli this morning. Will be installing it with the metal blade grips when I get home from work. I'm trying to keep my HP08S version from blowing apart when Manny flies her next time. LOL.
They must have just come out.