HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:58 PM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
1,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
------------

A couple Hyp VX (2S) 500mAh 35C batts arrived today.

When I saw the size, all I could do was giggle.
Perfect.
Way to go Hyperion!!

Love the 22ga silicone wires.

Check out these dimensions on my BB version...

43.5x24.6x12.25 mm (LxWxH)

........vs........

My BB T.P. (2S) 325mAh 65C.

41x24x11 mm (LxWxH)

--------------

Very excited to see the VX 400s next week.

Joel,

Your BB Hyp 500 is on the way.

rc
I got mines today too and was surprised how small it was. It also packs some power and couped with a HP08 it was a blast to fly. Imagine a trex 450 with a scorpion 6 motor. Unreal power for such a small heli

Good to see that the Hyperions are lighter than my Gens Aces 2s 450 pack.
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:50 AM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
Finally got inverted circles going on the 130X, stoked!

I will upload some video later. Took the mCPX out today again, for the first time in ages, what an awesome heli, cannot wait for the nCPX now.
Here is the video

Learning 3D with the 130X (3 min 11 sec)
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:12 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
------------

A couple Hyp VX (2S) 500mAh 35C batts arrived today.

When I saw the size, all I could do was giggle.
Perfect.
Way to go Hyperion!!

Love the 22ga silicone wires.

Check out these dimensions on my BB version...

43.5x24.6x12.25 mm (LxWxH)

........vs........

My BB T.P. (2S) 325mAh 65C.

41x24x11 mm (LxWxH)

--------------

Very excited to see the VX 400s next week.

Joel,

Your BB Hyp 500 is on the way.

rc
RC,

Most excellent news! Looks like Hyp is stepping up to the plate to address the increased current demands of the latest UMX-sized aircraft. Should be great in the 130X as well as the Gee Bee. From the dimensions, it appears that it should also fit the CC - and possibly the MiG. It will be very interesting to see how the 400 measures-up. (Pun intended!)

Looking forward to testing the new pack!

BTW - I think I now have enough cycles on the TP 325s to test the difference between the two wire gauges. I'll use the Gee Bee as the platform for the static tests, as it draws more current than the other UMX planes. I'll also use it for static testing the Hyp 500.

What a great time it is to be in this hobby!

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:32 AM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
RC,

Most excellent news! Looks like Hyp is stepping up to the plate to address the increased current demands of the latest UMX-sized aircraft. Should be great in the 130X as well as the Gee Bee. From the dimensions, it appears that it should also fit the CC - and possibly the MiG. It will be very interesting to see how the 400 measures-up. (Pun intended!)

Looking forward to testing the new pack!

BTW - I think I now have enough cycles on the TP 325s to test the difference between the two wire gauges. I'll use the Gee Bee as the platform for the static tests, as it draws more current than the other UMX planes. I'll also use it for static testing the Hyp 500.

What a great time it is to be in this hobby!

Joel
Joel,

The VX 500 fits very well in my MiG, Sbach and Beast.

I think the VX 400 will be the UMX plane 2S ticket in both weight and size.

VX 35C UMX packs from Hyperion is a very good sign of the RC times!!

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:46 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
Here is the video

http://youtu.be/ZHVHgVbpofU
Looks good but I couldn't watch it all... Youtube is so damn slow. Vimeo is much better for HD videos.

I am amazed at how smooth this little thing will fly. Every time I take it out I get better with my flying.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:23 PM
United States, TX, Belton
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
Took mine outta the box. Charged battery. Got it bind with no problem. Installed battery, held the heli in my hand and let it spool up. The tail vibrated so badly the tail pushrod vibrated violently up and down about a quarter inch...bad enough that the tail servo couldn't control the pitch. Glad I didn't try to actually fly it...took off the tail blades and checked the balance...perfect. Spooled her up without the tail blades and it was as smooth as could be. Put the blades back on and...vibration city...what should I check now? Bearings don't feel bad...
PKM_Heliman is offline Find More Posts by PKM_Heliman
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:50 PM
RC keeps me sane
United States, NJ, Carlstadt
Joined Sep 2005
1,351 Posts
Did you throttle up beyond the resonance vibe? If you throttle to mid stick quick it should just resonate for a nano second. This seems to be the norm on most. The tail blades need to be dynamically balanced in order to eliminate all or most of the vibe.
microDan is offline Find More Posts by microDan
Old Sep 16, 2012, 04:13 PM
United States, CA, Menlo Park
Joined Nov 2005
393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKM_Heliman View Post
Took mine outta the box. Charged battery. Got it bind with no problem. Installed battery, held the heli in my hand and let it spool up. The tail vibrated so badly the tail pushrod vibrated violently up and down about a quarter inch...bad enough that the tail servo couldn't control the pitch. Glad I didn't try to actually fly it...took off the tail blades and checked the balance...perfect. Spooled her up without the tail blades and it was as smooth as could be. Put the blades back on and...vibration city...what should I check now? Bearings don't feel bad...
Also, see the first post of this thread. Apparently some tail hubs weren't manufactured perfectly perpendicular to the tail shaft.

I had to add pieces of tape to my tail blades to balance the entire tail rotor assembly. (tail shaft, tail blade grips, and tail blades) After I did that, I have no vibrations during spool up.
ifoguy is offline Find More Posts by ifoguy
Old Sep 16, 2012, 06:14 PM
United States, TX, Belton
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
Yeah, took it up to 3/4 stick and it got worse...guess I'll take he tail apart and see what's up....kinda crazy for a product to be like this right outta the box. I'll check the first post too...
PKM_Heliman is offline Find More Posts by PKM_Heliman
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:21 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKM_Heliman View Post
Yeah, took it up to 3/4 stick and it got worse...guess I'll take he tail apart and see what's up....kinda crazy for a product to be like this right outta the box. I'll check the first post too...
Put it on the ground and fly it. It's not designed to work while being held in your hand.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:28 PM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
1,984 Posts
Here's a video I took with the new Hyperion 2s 500mAh packs. Man does this battery ROCK!

Hyperion VX G3 2s 500mAh 35c Lipo Review for Horizon Blade 130x (6 min 21 sec)
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:47 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,569 Posts
Tony,

Looking good.

Nice torture test for the Hyps!

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:27 PM
Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Joined Sep 2003
933 Posts
Loving my 130x, had multiple hard hits in the grass learning some new tricks and not one broken part, very very durable
gwong is offline Find More Posts by gwong
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:19 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,643 Posts
Tony,

Great demo! You certainly wrung the bird out during that flight. Now I am looking forward to flying with the Hyp 500s even more than I was before!

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:28 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,643 Posts
I am fairly sure that the new Hyperions will work extremly well, most especialy for those such as Tony who flys the crap out of them in a 130 X with an upgraded motor. By thre way ,IMO that is no way to be breaking in a new LiPoly.

I will be sticking with much less expensive HK nano tech 370 mAh however as they deliver all the performance I can use , cost $5 ea. delivered to my door,weight only 25.9 grams and are also reated for 5C charging.

Note I order 6 at a time and use the $6.?? shipping which takes about one week.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

These and a few others discharge test here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...51&postcount=8
Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Sep 17, 2012 at 09:51 AM.