HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:23 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
I really like the look of this release.

I wasn't at all keen on the aesthetics of all other previous Blade models and that's why I always bought Walkera as they looked better.

Now that I've ditched Walkera due to various reasons, I'm almost certainly going to buy one of these.

Well done, Blade, it looks hobby grade for a change and looks real nifty and smart.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:39 AM
Lakas Pinoy
Oxnard, Ca.
Joined Mar 2004
250 Posts
TheOne is offline Find More Posts by TheOne
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:41 AM
Lakas Pinoy
Oxnard, Ca.
Joined Mar 2004
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeing View Post
some of your hh employees shouldn't be allowed to post.

Just in case you have noticed, your not a brand manager or are you?

Your batteries still say e-flight
your dealers still categorize your product under e-flight.

Your brand manager should be fired.

I love the 130x and will be buying one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxguy1000 View Post
i think that ebeing should not be allowed to post.
Exactly what I was thinking saxguy + 1
TheOne is offline Find More Posts by TheOne
Old Apr 13, 2012, 03:01 AM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,824 Posts
This was exactly what I was hoping for! However, as others mentioned, I am a little concerned about the linear servos exhibiting the maintenance issues of the MCPx ones...

Dave- can you shed some light on their construction?

Pete
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Apr 13, 2012, 03:26 AM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Nov 2011
17 Posts
Im going to pre order this for sure. Total Blade fan boy here.
justemailme is offline Find More Posts by justemailme
Old Apr 13, 2012, 05:00 AM
Gone Insane .... Back Soon!!
Joined Dec 2010
1,572 Posts
Hows about we use the thread for the new Blade 130 X that's properly named ... We only need one.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1631962

With respect of course, not trying to piss anyone off.
Meebo is offline Find More Posts by Meebo
Old Apr 13, 2012, 05:55 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meebo View Post
Hows about we use the thread for the new Blade 130 X that's properly named ... We only need one.

this thread was started 6 hours before the other and the correct heading name appeared earlier today, this thread is also being watched by Horizon staff that are answering questions, this thread is a page longer, why change??

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:20 AM
Gone Insane .... Back Soon!!
Joined Dec 2010
1,572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
this thread was started 6 hours before the other and the correct heading name appeared earlier today, this thread is also being watched by Horizon staff that are answering questions, this thread is a page longer, why change??

cheers chuck
Quote:

It just looks so stupid with all those question marks, just my opinion is all and like I said with my first post .... I was saying with respect and wasn't trying to piss anyone off.
Meebo is offline Find More Posts by Meebo
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:30 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,469 Posts
Quote:
It just looks so stupid with all those question marks, just my opinion is all and like I said with my first post .... I was saying with respect and wasn't trying to piss anyone off.
i'ts ok i'm not pissed off was just having some fun with facts i usually end up following a few threads about the same product, seems to happen a lot

i'll follow the trend, BAA BAA

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Apr 13, 2012, 08:51 AM
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Apr 2012
18 Posts
Is it just me?

Hoping someone can explain how I'm looking at this wrong, but I'm having a hard time seeing the value in the 130X.

It uses the AS3X system (like the mCPx) and has the shaft driven tail, and a BNF is $279.99 so $100.00 more than the mCPx.

The 300X is $379.99 for the BNF and uses BeastX technology (same as the 450X and 500X) and a belt driven tail.

The AR7200BX found in the 300X is $239.99 all by itself.

Clearly the 130X is aimed at the current 120SR and mCPx users, as it is not much bigger, and has a lot of features, but those that currently fly the 120SR know it's already a bit too big for flying in small indoor spaces, and isn't really great when there's any wind outside because it's FP.

So you're going to fly the 130X outside anyway, why not get one just a bit larger than that, and go for the 300X and get the belt driven tail and BeastX.

The 300X just seems like so much better value.
token44 is offline Find More Posts by token44
Old Apr 13, 2012, 08:55 AM
How high does it go?..duh
Currently in...UK
Joined Jun 2004
2,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by token44 View Post
Is it just me?

Hoping someone can explain how I'm looking at this wrong, but I'm having a hard time seeing the value in the 130X.

It uses the AS3X system (like the mCPx) and has the shaft driven tail, and a BNF is $279.99 so $100.00 more than the mCPx.

The 300X is $379.99 for the BNF and uses BeastX technology (same as the 450X and 500X) and a belt driven tail.

The AR7200BX found in the 300X is $239.99 all by itself.

Clearly the 130X is aimed at the current 120SR and mCPx users, as it is not much bigger, and has a lot of features, but those that currently fly the 120SR know it's already a bit too big for flying in small indoor spaces, and isn't really great when there's any wind outside because it's FP.

So you're going to fly the 130X outside anyway, why not get one just a bit larger than that, and go for the 300X and get the belt driven tail and BeastX.

The 300X just seems like so much better value.
The actual RRP is $359 for the 130X...I cant see the value either, perhaps a HH rep can show us.
Pigs dont fly is offline Find More Posts by Pigs dont fly
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:50 AM
Sussex, UK
Crawley, West Sussex, UK
Joined Jun 2004
7,376 Posts
Quote:
Because the 300x is $100 more, and there's no real advantage to a belt driven tail and BeastX. (a belt driven tail might be bit tougher and the BeastX is more configurable, and transferable, but it will probably fly just as well)

Most people fly their mCP-X outdoors anyway.

IMHO the 130x improves the one area where the mCP-X was weak, the motor. (the V1 tail and battery were poor, but the V2 fixed that).
RobinBennett is offline Find More Posts by RobinBennett
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:11 AM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,929 Posts
Definitely a slick lookin little heli, and the video looks great.. But I agree with everything said above. I will be buying the 300X and just admiring this one from a distance
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:42 AM
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Apr 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinBennett View Post
IMHO the 130x improves the one area where the mCP-X was weak, the motor. (the V1 tail and battery were poor, but the V2 fixed that).
Not sure if I understand your reasoning here.

So they have improved the mCPx and the "improved" heli is $100.00 more than the mCPx. (56% higher cost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinBennett
(a belt driven tail might be bit tougher and the BeastX is more configurable, and transferable, but it will probably fly just as well)
True the 300X is $100.00 more than the 130X, (36% higher cost) but the point you make above looks like it might be in favor of the 300X.

If you do decide to really get into 3D, you'll be able to replace the servos in the 300X with better ones. Not so with the 130X.
Or if you decide to go bigger, the BeastX can be transferred to a 450 or 500 size kit, and you won't have to buy that unit then, which would cost a couple hundred alone.

If you have the 130X you can't transfer the AS3X or change the servos for better ones, you're stuck with the "Linear Cyclic Servos" that it comes with. You'd be looking at buying a whole new bird if you wanted to upgrade.

So I'm still having a hard time seeing the value.

The initial cost difference of $100.00 between the 130X and 300X doesn't seem enough to justify it.

If the answer is simply "Because I want it" or "I can afford to buy as many helis as I want to" then fine, but the argument that the 300X is $100.00 more than a 130X is then irrelevant.
token44 is offline Find More Posts by token44
Last edited by token44; Apr 13, 2012 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:48 AM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
There are some websites out there advertising the 130x for under $240.00

For me a brushless 120 sized cp heli is worth the money.

I payed 220 + tax for my mcpx, yes it was rtf but still.
liduno is offline Find More Posts by liduno