Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:00 PM
Registered User
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwrcflight View Post
i don't pinch the tail box.

Using my left hand i put my index finger about in the center of the t of the tail shaft. Then i put my thumb nail on the collar (so i'm pushing just the collar and not the shaft. I squeeze together so the collar is butted as close to the tail box as i can get it and i tighten the screws.

I got the idea from a post turboparker made about a week ago. It really improved my 130 x since i did it. Prior to this i could put my index finger by the t and my thumb on the collar end and move the shaft back and forth. Now i can't move it.
hhmm
liduno is offline Find More Posts by liduno
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:11 PM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
I used to disassemble the servos to clean with Deoxit but, now I just squirt it into the servo on my mCPX and 130X. Works great. Just out of curiousity, I yesterday I took apart an mCPX servo I have only sprayed Deoxit into for several months now and it was clean. That's proof enough for me that I don't have to disassemble servos anymore.
Yeah. I doubt I'll disassemble the servos in the future. I was curious this time since I hadn't seen the inside of a 130 servo. My curiosity is satisfied now! I'll just squirt them with the Deoxit next time.
NwRcFlight is offline Find More Posts by NwRcFlight
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:12 PM
Just some guy, you know?
Wiskey's Avatar
San Diego, CA
Joined Oct 2008
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno View Post
Tracking tape doesn't make much sense if the tracking isn't adjustable.

If your blade tracking is off you may have a bent feathering shaft or a bent grip or a bent blade. [or maybe it's just the play in the pitch links, you can fix that with thicker o-rings..lol]
Oh! Your talking about thicker orings up on the head? I'm cool with that, I'll do it right now and try, I thought you were talking about on the swash.

I've never crashed it, so I doubt the feathering shaft or grip is bent,.. I could check though.

Thanks,
Whiskey
Wiskey is offline Find More Posts by Wiskey
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:29 PM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,496 Posts
Geez I'm having a hard time keeping this thing in the air!!! Tonight it threw a tail blade on the second pack. Nothing extreme, just slow forward flight about 4' off the ground and I heard the "Zing" as the blade flew away and it started an uncontrollable piro and throttle hold into thankfully soft grass. I've had maybe 20 total flights and lost a tail servo, tail slider bearing and now flung a blade. I'm learning way more about fixing helicopters than I want too!. But it is fun to develop new skills.

I always have safety glasses on when I fly so the flinging blade doesn't worry me much but I wanted to put the alert out to watch for tail blades! Be prepared.

This isn't the first time I've heard of a 130 X throwing a tail blade.

I just took a quick look and the grip looked intact, the blade screw was still in place but the blade was gone. I put the 130 aside and flew 8 packs on my old reliable mCP X. Nothing goes wrong with it!
NwRcFlight is offline Find More Posts by NwRcFlight
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:44 PM
Just some guy, you know?
Wiskey's Avatar
San Diego, CA
Joined Oct 2008
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiskey View Post
Oh! Your talking about thicker orings up on the head? I'm cool with that, I'll do it right now and try, I thought you were talking about on the swash.

I've never crashed it, so I doubt the feathering shaft or grip is bent,.. I could check though.

Thanks,
Whiskey
Okay,.. I admit it. I'm a moron.

This fixed the head issues right up. I still have the tail issues, but I'm sure my package from Wow hobbies will fix that play soon.

Thanks for being patient liduno!

Whiskey
Wiskey is offline Find More Posts by Wiskey
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:46 PM
Just some guy, you know?
Wiskey's Avatar
San Diego, CA
Joined Oct 2008
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwRcFlight View Post
Geez I'm having a hard time keeping this thing in the air!!! Tonight it threw a tail blade on the second pack. Nothing extreme, just slow forward flight about 4' off the ground and I heard the "Zing" as the blade flew away and it started an uncontrollable piro and throttle hold into thankfully soft grass. I've had maybe 20 total flights and lost a tail servo, tail slider bearing and now flung a blade. I'm learning way more about fixing helicopters than I want too!. But it is fun to develop new skills.

I always have safety glasses on when I fly so the flinging blade doesn't worry me much but I wanted to put the alert out to watch for tail blades! Be prepared.

This isn't the first time I've heard of a 130 X throwing a tail blade.

I just took a quick look and the grip looked intact, the blade screw was still in place but the blade was gone. I put the 130 aside and flew 8 packs on my old reliable mCP X. Nothing goes wrong with it!
Yikes! That's not the first I've heard of that either. I wonder if the KBDD colored blades are stronger?

Whiskey
Wiskey is offline Find More Posts by Wiskey
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:49 PM
Inverted Airfield
Iowa
Joined Nov 2009
151 Posts
These helis do like to throw tail blades. I have one that has done this exact same thing (3) times now. My guess is that it is caused by violent tail vibes on spool up, and perhaps even while at fling speeds, the tail blade eventually developes a crack in it, and the tail blade goes wising by your head. These vibes are without a doubt, caused by a out of kilter tail shaft. It's never a pleasant occurrence.
HeliFax is offline Find More Posts by HeliFax
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:34 AM
Registered User
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiskey View Post
Okay,.. I admit it. I'm a moron.

This fixed the head issues right up. I still have the tail issues, but I'm sure my package from Wow hobbies will fix that play soon.

Thanks for being patient liduno!

Whiskey
Just glad I could help
liduno is offline Find More Posts by liduno
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2012, 05:39 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2008
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFax View Post
These helis do like to throw tail blades. I have one that has done this exact same thing (3) times now. My guess is that it is caused by violent tail vibes on spool up, and perhaps even while at fling speeds, the tail blade eventually developes a crack in it, and the tail blade goes wising by your head. These vibes are without a doubt, caused by a out of kilter tail shaft. It's never a pleasant occurrence.
I can't wait for my microheli shaft & grips to turn up because of this. Hope it runs true. My shaft is way off square and I agree that this could be the cause for the blades to fail.
gazzajp is offline Find More Posts by gazzajp
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:22 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
SoloProFan's Avatar
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,041 Posts
Considering those tail vibes, that apparently not all helis suffer from, does HH take any measures or do they just send replacement parts or consider it crash damage?
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:17 AM
Southern Pride
everydayflyer's Avatar
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,548 Posts
There are numerious post on HeliFreak about the tail vibs and the resulting cracked / thrown tail blades and even the screws and bearing failing. Most of these vibs are due to loose flanged bearings and out of square tail shafts. Go to ah LHS and pick thru their tail shafts and find a squre one or find one of the How To fit them on Heli Freak.

USe my mCPX spindle thrust washer trick or whatever to tighten up the play in the tail shaft bearings. The tail rotor is turning over 20K RPMs and that is enough with vibrations to destroy most anything.


FYI Mine has 106 flights with the original bearings and gears except for the A gear which I replaced with a metal on as I had it on hand..

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:20 AM
RC Geeky
craigblk's Avatar
United Kingdom, Watford
Joined Mar 2011
68 Posts
Just fitted a new tail shaft today together with an HP08s 8000kv motor and threw a tail blade on first spool up...replaced the tail blades but kept them slightly looser than before, at the moment all is good apart from tail wag. Have adjusted the gain settings from 0 to minus 8 without much noticeable difference, anyone any ideas.
craigblk is offline Find More Posts by craigblk
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:12 AM
Registered User
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
Considering those tail vibes, that apparently not all helis suffer from, does HH take any measures or do they just send replacement parts or consider it crash damage?
They have replaced parts for alot of people. I also saw a post from one of the 130x product development guys, he said they recognized the out of square shafts but then said they didn't notice it caused any vibes..lol

However they have designed new jigs to keep the shafts square during assembly. In his defense I'm sure he is told by higher ups not to admit this would cause a vibe.
liduno is offline Find More Posts by liduno
Last edited by liduno; Aug 28, 2012 at 11:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:14 PM
Now you see it...
ehskds's Avatar
United States, KY, Henderson
Joined Feb 2006
446 Posts
This has probably been said but I think it's worth repeating if it has.
I've had a head shake/ shimmy sinse my first flight and just wrote it off as normal for this heli. I noticed it got worse the last dozen flights so I started looking again for broken parts. What I found was the drive gear on each cyclic servo was sliding down on its shaft making for a loose control. I pushed them back tight to the bottom of the servo and all shakes and vibes are gone. I only wish I had done this sooner.
ehskds is offline Find More Posts by ehskds
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:44 PM
Registered User
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehskds View Post
This has probably been said but I think it's worth repeating if it has.
I've had a head shake/ shimmy sinse my first flight and just wrote it off as normal for this heli. I noticed it got worse the last dozen flights so I started looking again for broken parts. What I found was the drive gear on each cyclic servo was sliding down on its shaft making for a loose control. I pushed them back tight to the bottom of the servo and all shakes and vibes are gone. I only wish I had done this sooner.
One of my servo gears fell off also. I ran a string of dental floss through the gear hole and pushed it back on then, trimmed the excess floss. It has not come off since. If you want the gear to seat farther up on the shaft you can sand the back of the gear a little.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale New in the box E-Flite Taylorcraft ARF Kit plus High Performance E-Flite components Philscho Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Aug 19, 2012 12:25 AM
For Sale E-Flite 300 32e SHP ****SOLD*** E-Flite still aviable tomtheman Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Mar 28, 2012 08:01 PM
Sold E-flite 60A ESC w/ E-flite Brushless 1010kV Motor joshfneptune Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 3 Mar 05, 2012 08:18 PM
Discussion E-Flite Taylorcraft 450 ARF Kit and High Power E-Flite electrical components $300 Philscho Hot Online Deals 1 Mar 02, 2012 08:11 PM
Discussion E-Flite Su-26 and E-flite Extra 260 repair Joe Slow Crash Discussion 1 Sep 27, 2011 11:50 AM