HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:18 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Had a great morning with the 130x. Inverted circuits are getting very, very comfty for me now.

I tried to get more video but I had my hatcam way too low again!
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:37 AM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
It seems that many of the servos have very bad solder joints where the motor leads attach to the servo boards. Two of mine needed resloding when new and I have read many post of others have the same issue.

There have also been reports of the tail servo falling apart as in the screws that hold the mechanics on the board back out and some have been reported as having the threads striped on new ones.

I had the right cyclic servo go full up and the motor burning out right when I lifted off on flight #63. Voltage reqgulator on main board got hot enough to melt and split the heat shrink. I replaced the servo and informed Blade but to date only an email from them requesting photos ot the control board. Go figure I only asked about a relacement servo and only mentioned the control board in case it developed issues later.

Charles

The wire on one of mine came loose during flight...spun out of control to the ground. Had to resolder.

J
jabsten is online now Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:39 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,490 Posts
Just found out Boca sells a complete bearing kit for the 130x.

http://www.bocabearings.com/bearing-...x-bnf-electric
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Aug 18, 2012, 01:39 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,880 Posts
This thing is the most indestructible heli I've flown! I crashed it onto the roof of my truck with a big "clang"! My neighbor Cali poked her head over the fence and said, "That sounded fatal!" I said, "No, it's a good strong truck." She laughed. And, I just set it back on the driveway and flew. What a trooper.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Aug 18, 2012, 05:05 PM
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post
I would suggest ordering some good quality bearings from Boca.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see the previous post. You did get Boca. These are the one's I ordered: SMF681X-ZZ.
Ya they sent the wrong ones, now I'll have to wait for the right ones or just get the kit they now offer.

Tom
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Old Aug 18, 2012, 08:43 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,450 Posts
Installed the metal A-gear & MH pitch-slider today. Also found that the B-gear had a fair amount of rotational play on the TT, so I also replaced it & the TT. Everything has been lubed, everything spins & moves freely, and everything is balanced just as it was before. The bird now has a tail-shake problem, and it was smooth as silk before. I wonder if I need to reduce the gyro gain a bit....

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:01 AM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Installed the metal A-gear & MH pitch-slider today. Also found that the B-gear had a fair amount of rotational play on the TT, so I also replaced it & the TT. Everything has been lubed, everything spins & moves freely, and everything is balanced just as it was before. The bird now has a tail-shake problem, and it was smooth as silk before. I wonder if I need to reduce the gyro gain a bit....

Joel
I had to run -5 to get rid of mine.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:57 AM
United Kingdom
Joined May 2012
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post

Bob
Yep me too, -5 on rudder gyro, i had a tail shake and some bounce.
Had my first minor mishap today with the 130x!
Getting more confidant flipping and hovering inverted. 4th battery in, throttle hold off (check) took off up to altitude, high rates (check) aaaaannnnndddd flip into inverted!
oops am i in idle up? nope! (not checked) she made quite a graceful decent into the grass, thankfully no damage.
Gotta love the 130x
cheers
mygeneration is offline Find More Posts by mygeneration
Old Aug 19, 2012, 08:34 AM
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Joined Nov 2000
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2tw4all View Post
The originals are clearly flanged, but the boca bearings that I got are not. Are the bocas also supposed to be flanged? If so, I guess I got the wrong bearings somehow...
I bought boca bearings (the set for 130x) and it came with flanged bearings for the tail rod.

My set also came with non-flanged versions of the same bearing for the tail grips. If you ordered the set, check again. I believe the part # is MF681X-ZZ, with the F meaning flanged.
pmeyer is offline Find More Posts by pmeyer
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:59 PM
Grandville, MI
Joined Dec 2003
2,201 Posts
Got my 130x fixed and test flown today. Had a tail rotor servo go bad and fortunately my lhs had a few come in this week. While it was down I installed my new Boca bearings in the tail and things seemed much smoother back there. I think the combination of the tail rotor servo going bad and the stock bearings the last few flights the tail was pretty twitchy. I normally fly big loops and rolls and 540 degree stall turns but have started doing stationary forward flips.

I do have a question and that is does the 130x need any lubrication. I didn't see anything in the manual referencing lubrication.
r/cdawg is online now Find More Posts by r/cdawg
Old Aug 19, 2012, 01:15 PM
RC keeps me sane
United States, NJ, Carlstadt
Joined Sep 2005
1,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg View Post
Got my 130x fixed and test flown today. Had a tail rotor servo go bad and fortunately my lhs had a few come in this week. While it was down I installed my new Boca bearings in the tail and things seemed much smoother back there. I think the combination of the tail rotor servo going bad and the stock bearings the last few flights the tail was pretty twitchy. I normally fly big loops and rolls and 540 degree stall turns but have started doing stationary forward flips.

I do have a question and that is does the 130x need any lubrication. I didn't see anything in the manual referencing lubrication.
All bearings need occasional lube. 2 on the main 2 in the torque tube, 2 in the tail case and the pitch slider bearing. A needle point oiler with plastic compatible oil does the job. It should be routine to lube every so many flights. With a needle point lube dispenser you can do the motor bearings too. And the swash can take a drop or two
microDan is online now Find More Posts by microDan
Last edited by microDan; Aug 19, 2012 at 01:21 PM. Reason: more info
Old Aug 19, 2012, 02:09 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microDan View Post
All bearings need occasional lube. 2 on the main 2 in the torque tube, 2 in the tail case and the pitch slider bearing. A needle point oiler with plastic compatible oil does the job. It should be routine to lube every so many flights. With a needle point lube dispenser you can do the motor bearings too. And the swash can take a drop or two
You have to be careful lubing the tail bearings...TT, flanged because you don't want any lube getting under the gears...they can slip.

J
jabsten is online now Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Aug 19, 2012, 05:33 PM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Jul 2004
531 Posts
I tried the MCPX washer in mine and it made the tail gears bind to badly to be usable. but I did find that if I squeezed the tail box(by hand) while tightening the tail shaft retainer just enough that the shaft just sticks out abit it took out any play in the shaft and the gears still run smooth. I guess this is applying alittle pressure to the bearings and keeps them from wiggling around.
this screen shot is from blades promo vid, mine used to be flush it now looks like the one in the video
smoothb10 is online now Find More Posts by smoothb10
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:40 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post

Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygeneration View Post
Yep me too, -5 on rudder gyro, i had a tail shake and some bounce.
Thanks, guys. Just tried lowering the tail-gyro gain. Ended up with it all the way down & there is still some tail-shake - more so in idle-up. It's mostly noticeable when hovering/slow-flying. I noticed the problem after installing the MH pitch-slider, metal A-gear, new B, C & D-gears, and a new TT. The main & tail rotors are balanced. The tail blades have just a slight amount of drag - as they did before. Strange stuff...

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:43 PM
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothb10 View Post
I tried the MCPX washer in mine and it made the tail gears bind to badly to be usable. but I did find that if I squeezed the tail box(by hand) while tightening the tail shaft retainer just enough that the shaft just sticks out abit it took out any play in the shaft and the gears still run smooth. I guess this is applying alittle pressure to the bearings and keeps them from wiggling around.
this screen shot is from blades promo vid, mine used to be flush it now looks like the one in the video
Agreed, I attempted this mod as well and couldn't even get the tail back together it added so much gap. I think some tail boxes must be sloppier than others, might also explain why so many people are having varying experiences with this bird.

Tom
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all