HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:53 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
Is there anyone in this forum that actually has zero wobble during flight?
As I said above, mine's rock solid.
Skidder87 is offline Find More Posts by Skidder87
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:53 AM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,010 Posts
Quote:
That was actually the last thing on my list to try but thankfully, never got to it. I put it last because it's more labor intensive then all the other things.
Not if you use Deoxit FaderLube F5. You can spray into the servo without disassembling it.
grovey is online now Find More Posts by grovey
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:55 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
254 Posts
I'd also get some of the red 003 sized silicone o-rings for the swashplate and head. Put them on every ball (7 total). They work very, very well and you get a pack of 50 for under two bucks. oringsandmore.com
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:21 AM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidder87 View Post
As I said above, mine's rock solid.
I'll wait for a few more to chime in. Also, the mcpx dampeners work awesome and I already have them.
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:22 AM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,010 Posts
Mine is rock solid too (no wobble upright or inverted), and it is stock.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:23 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Got some flying in on the 130x tonight. This camera work is shoddy at best - I had it too low but you can see most of the inverted stuff. I'm getting much more comfortable on my inverted circuits now. I had a massive tail blowout at the end which caused a crash but no damage that I can see.
Looking good! I'm not anywhere near close to being able to do an inverted circuit - even in the sim. I can usually hover inverted in the sim without crashing, but I have yet to try it with the real thing.

Looked like a pretty wild blowout. Have you determined the cause?

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:11 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,182 Posts
Quote:
I'll wait for a few more to chime in. Also, the mcpx dampeners work awesome and I already have them.
Mine is also rock-solid. Dynamically balancing the tail assy & replacing the tailcase bearings are the only things I've done to the bird. Over 15 hours of flight-time & I have not had to replace a thing so far. But then I don't fly as aggressively as many on here do, and I am quick to hit TH if I think I'm about to stuff it.

BTW - Grovey is right. Cleaning the servos is simple if you use DeoxIT Fader Series or an equivalent product that's designed to clean, deoxidize, and protect carbon & plastic resistive strips. There is no need to disassemble a thing. Just spray it into the slot area & cycle the servos a number of times. Cleaning these servos periodically is simply SOP. It should be a part of your preventative maintenance routine.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:13 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,075 Posts
Quote:
Is there anyone in this forum that actually has zero wobble during flight? If there's more then one or two, I may just clean those servos.
Well, it's a helicopter, so it wobbles by definition...

But mine flies correctly. It had a little shake when it was new, but it's smooth now. I lubed all the bearings with Tri-flow, and it probably took a couple flights to work it in.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:43 AM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
Not if you use Deoxit FaderLube F5. You can spray into the servo without disassembling it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Mine is also rock-solid. Dynamically balancing the tail assy & replacing the tailcase bearings are the only things I've done to the bird. Over 15 hours of flight-time & I have not had to replace a thing so far. But then I don't fly as aggressively as many on here do, and I am quick to hit TH if I think I'm about to stuff it.

BTW - Grovey is right. Cleaning the servos is simple if you use DeoxIT Fader Series or an equivalent product that's designed to clean, deoxidize, and protect carbon & plastic resistive strips. There is no need to disassemble a thing. Just spray it into the slot area & cycle the servos a number of times. Cleaning these servos periodically is simply SOP. It should be a part of your preventative maintenance routine.

Joel
Well that works for me! I did a quick search and I don't see any local stores that carry DeoxIT. Do you know of any chains that carry this?

Although I don't agree that cleaning servos should be preventative maintenance. My mcpx wobbled once, then I cleaned the servos and it was fine; responsive maintenance. Although, I lube all my helis regularly and inspect them carefully before every flight.
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:48 AM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,010 Posts
Quote:
Well that works for me! I did a quick search and I don't see any local stores that carry DeoxIT. Do you know of any chains that carry this?
I picked mine up from Guitar Center, you can also possibly get it from Radio Shack. Radio Shack may not have Faderlube F5, but other Deoxit series so you would need to check if those would work.

If all else fails buy from Amazon.com
Last edited by grovey; Aug 16, 2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:54 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,369 Posts
Quote:

Many Radio Shack Stores carry it .

I order mine on-line from

sweetwater.com

DexoIT D5

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:54 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
254 Posts
http://www.amazon.com/DeoxIT%C2%AE-F.../dp/B000H2G5R8
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:58 AM
Flying FPV or Dreaming I Am...
United States, CO, Durango
Joined Sep 2001
6,076 Posts
Quote:
Is there anyone in this forum that actually has zero wobble during flight? If there's more then one or two, I may just clean those servos.
Mine was smooth out of the box without doing anything but snugging up the blade tension a bit. I get some vibes on the ground before the head speed picks up to take off. Once in the air I look at the tail fin and it does not appear to be resonating in any amount I can detect by looking at it. No TBE wobbles either.
cactus is online now Find More Posts by cactus
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:08 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Looking good! I'm not anywhere near close to being able to do an inverted circuit - even in the sim. I can usually hover inverted in the sim without crashing, but I have yet to try it with the real thing.

Looked like a pretty wild blowout. Have you determined the cause?

Joel
I haven't been able to find the cause of that massive tail blowout yet. I can't see any stripped gears (that doesn't mean they don't exist though) and my gears seem properly seated so I'm not sure.

I picked it up and flew it right after that with zero problems though!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:10 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,010 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I haven't been able to find the cause of that massive tail blowout yet. I can't see any stripped gears (that doesn't mean they don't exist though) and my gears seem properly seated so I'm not sure.

I picked it up and flew it right after that with zero problems though!
If you punched the collective too much and bogged the motor, that will cause blowout and it would be difficult to get things under control again.