SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:40 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidder87 View Post
I read that the TP 65C packs were better performers than the Hyperions. They should be for the price. I thought Hyperion was expensive... Those Hyperion 320mAh 25C batteries are five bucks less than a TP 325mAh 65C battery.
Yes. My testing in the UMX Gee Bee showed that at 4-5A, a TP 325 65c pack even outperforms a Hyp 450 25c pack. The 130X can draw in the neighborhood of 7A peak. The Hyp 320s are usually pretty warm after even a mildly aggressive flight. I fly the Hyp 450s for sport, and the TP 325s for performance. I also like the 7-minute charges with the TP packs.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:45 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Yes. My testing in the UMX Gee Bee showed that at 4-5A, a TP 325 65c pack even outperforms a Hyp 450 25c pack. The 130X can draw in the neighborhood of 7A peak. The Hyp 320s are usually pretty warm after even a mildly aggressive flight. I fly the Hyp 450s for sport, and the TP 325s for performance. I also like the 7-minute charges with the TP packs.

Joel
What flight times are you getting with the TP packs?
Skidder87 is offline Find More Posts by Skidder87
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 14, 2012, 03:04 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,871 Posts
Quote:
I read that the TP 65C packs were better performers than the Hyperions. They should be for the price. I thought Hyperion was expensive... Those Hyperion 320mAh 25C batteries are five bucks less than a TP 325mAh 65C battery.
Oh, right... you're right.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:10 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
I was able to fly my 130x in a more open space last night. Got about 3 batteries through it before it got too dark to see. Inverted circuits are becoming relatively easy for me at this point as long as I've got plenty of room. I think for now I'll keep practicing them out in the open until I get more comfortable with them and THEN I'll take them back to my back yard.

I'll say one thing for sure... heli's get my respect. I was able to learn 3D on my fixed wing planes pretty easily but just learning decent sport flying on a heli is much more difficult!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Aug 14, 2012, 01:40 PM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,182 Posts
Quote:
What flight times are you getting with the TP packs?
I'm getting around 4:30 to the 80% discharge point with the TP 325s. But I usually fly more scale-like, with maybe a few aerobatic maneuvers thrown in just for grins. I notice the difference in power during during pitch-pumps & other aggressive collective maneuvers. There is considerably less bogging with the TP 325s, as compared to my Hyp 450 packs. However, I do like the extended flight-times with the 450s. The 450s are just fine for most of my flying, but I prefer the TP 325s when I'm flying aggressively. I also noticed that my piros aren't as smooth with the 450 pack, due to the forward CG.

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 14, 2012, 03:54 PM
new jersey
Joined Aug 2003
240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
I'm getting around 4:30 to the 80% discharge point with the TP 325s. But I usually fly more scale-like, with maybe a few aerobatic maneuvers thrown in just for grins. I notice the difference in power during during pitch-pumps & other aggressive collective maneuvers. There is considerably less bogging with the TP 325s, as compared to my Hyp 450 packs. However, I do like the extended flight-times with the 450s. The 450s are just fine for most of my flying, but I prefer the TP 325s when I'm flying aggressively. I also noticed that my piros aren't as smooth with the 450 pack, due to the forward CG.

Joel
Did you cut the stock umx plug off the 130 or are you using an adaptor with the TP batteries?
high alpha is offline Find More Posts by high alpha
Old Aug 14, 2012, 04:13 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,344 Posts
I don't get bogging with the 450 hyperions, and I fly pretty hard. I also get longer flight times.

J
jabsten is online now Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:00 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,834 Posts
Any or the amount of bogging depends on not only the LiPoly but how much collective and cyclicic one uses and how much finess they use or if they just bang the sticks around.

It is generally agreed by all who fly very aggressive 3D that the TP 65C 325s are the best. Even they can not prevent bogging if you are a stick banger. Many over on Heli Freak are already going to more powerful motors and ESCs with gov. mode to reduce the bogging they experience.
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
Many over on Heli Freak are already going to more powerful motors and ESCs with gov. mode to reduce the bogging they experience.
There are also some more powerful outrunners that people are running on the stock AS3X board without a separate ESC. Isaac is running a setup like that.
Skidder87 is offline Find More Posts by Skidder87
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 14, 2012, 07:47 PM
México, MOR, Jiutepec
Joined Oct 2011
350 Posts
well this is may be my first cp heli but i want something better thanthe sr i ve read nasty reviews of its motor driven tail so im between this the 130 x and the 450 3d the 300 x is nos in my budget so wich one you would recomend?
ara25demayo is offline Find More Posts by ara25demayo
Old Aug 14, 2012, 08:07 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ara25demayo View Post
well this is may be my first cp heli but i want something better thanthe sr i ve read nasty reviews of its motor driven tail so im between this the 130 x and the 450 3d the 300 x is nos in my budget so wich one you would recomend?
If cost is your criteria, get the 130X. It is cheaper to repair but, flies like a larger heli. You can fly it in your yard.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Aug 14, 2012, 08:07 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Without a doubt for me the 130X. Although you will have to some tweaking, it is a great bird. Check the HeliFreak forum for the tweaks.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Aug 14, 2012, 08:19 PM
México, MOR, Jiutepec
Joined Oct 2011
350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
Without a doubt for me the 130X. Although you will have to some tweaking, it is a great bird. Check the HeliFreak forum for the tweaks.

Bob
can share link please?
ara25demayo is offline Find More Posts by ara25demayo
Old Aug 14, 2012, 08:50 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
can share link please?
helifreak.com
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:08 PM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by high alpha View Post
Did you cut the stock umx plug off the 130 or are you using an adaptor with the TP batteries?
Neither. As I noted in my earlier post, I'm using RCBabbel's Babbelbatts. They come with the right connector, and they're lighter than the factory TP packs. I use his TP 325s in my UMX fixed-wing planes, as well. They're by far the best performers in the Gee Bee & MiG.

Joel
RCG Plus Member