racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:38 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
Retirement is great! All I do is fly my heli's all day or do whatever I chose to do.
I guess we are both in the same boat. I will be married 42 years this October. Today my wife said my flight box was too small so she went into Big Five and bought me a tackle box that had triple trays on both sides when you open it and a huge bottom area for the big stuff. After transferring all my stuff form the old one, the new one looks empty. Guess I have to buy more helis to stuff it.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:44 PM
United States, AL, Morris
Joined Mar 2012
312 Posts
And I thought I was too old to learn to be a rc pilot. You guys are making me feel young... I'm pushing 58.
steveap1 is offline Find More Posts by steveap1
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:31 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
I guess we are both in the same boat. I will be married 42 years this October. Today my wife said my flight box was too small so she went into Big Five and bought me a tackle box that had triple trays on both sides when you open it and a huge bottom area for the big stuff. After transferring all my stuff form the old one, the new one looks empty. Guess I have to buy more helis to stuff it.

Bob
Life is sweet with a good woman. Maybe she wants you to buy more heli's to fill the empty space. At least that's the way I would view it.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:34 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveap1 View Post
And I thought I was too old to learn to be a rc pilot. You guys are making me feel young... I'm pushing 58.
It's never too late. I will only stop playing with toys when they put me in the ground. It was either here or HF forum there is a man flying heli's from a wheel chair.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:39 PM
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Life is sweet with a good woman. Maybe she wants you to buy more heli's to fill the empty space. At least that's the way I would view it.
+1 Jim

Quote:
It's never too late. I will only stop playing with toys when they put me in the ground. It was either here or HF forum there is a man flying heli's from a wheel chair.
+2 JIm
Old Aug 08, 2012, 11:15 PM
Beating air into submission!
Joined Aug 2011
1,855 Posts
Quote:
Hey I am 58 and flying RC Helicopters, You are right its never too late. As long as you have a pulse you can still have some fun in your life.
GrahamWilson is offline Find More Posts by GrahamWilson
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 09, 2012, 02:57 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,426 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamWilson View Post
Hey I am 58 and flying RC Helicopters, You are right its never too late. As long as you have a pulse you can still have some fun in your life.
Agreed! I'm 56 & I just taught myself how to fly CP helis a couple of years ago. I am an avid hot-rodder & I love riding motorcycles. I usually cruise the local hot-rod hangouts on the weekends, and I take my car to the track on occasion. I still enjoy a good stoplight race. I'm also the audio engineer for a 7-piece jazz-rock band.

The way I see it - as long as the important parts are still working, you're only as 'old' as you let yourself be.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 09, 2012, 05:45 AM
QLD Australia
Joined Oct 2009
299 Posts
Quote:
One of the worlds best scale RC Heli builder and flyer, uses a wheel chair.

M
minirotor is offline Find More Posts by minirotor
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:12 AM
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Danmark, Midtjylland, Roslev
Joined Jul 2011
1,095 Posts
Does anyone have a link to HK or some other place they sell charge harness's for the 130 batt type?
I may make my own. What are the plugs called?

Thanks in advance
/NH74
Nighthawk74 is online now Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Blade 300 X n00biness
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:37 AM
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk74 View Post
Does anyone have a link to HK or some other place they sell charge harness's for the 130 batt type?

Thanks in advance
/NH74
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=348
Old Aug 09, 2012, 10:47 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk74 View Post

Thanks in advance
/NH74
I like these too... same idea as what Willyboy suggested. These just pack smaller. http://www.progressiverc.com/paralle...beast-umx.html
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:09 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,379 Posts
For the price, I like the individual protection the ParaBoard gives. Plus it's from Ohio and so am I. It probably works better than me though. LOL
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:15 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
For the price, I like the individual protection the ParaBoard gives. Plus it's from Ohio and so am I. It probably works better than me though. LOL
Garry K.
"Individual protection"? I'm not familiar with that feature. Sounds interesting, though as parallel charging has always worried me, though I do it all the time.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:57 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minirotor View Post
One of the worlds best scale RC Heli builder and flyer, uses a wheel chair.

M
There you go.