HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:49 AM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
How does that backlight work on the DX7? I never really researched it with mine. Does it just come on with the TX and/or button press and time out after a while or is it assigned to a switch to manually turn it on/off?

Hiya Sertav!

Mine is wired directly without an on/off switch using this guys kit which has some kind of modulator in addition to the screen/back light.

You follow this guys instructions and you are in. Took an hour and prolly less if I hadn't put the screen on backwards! DOH!

It pulls very little voltage and hopefully will allow me to NOT leave my Tx on!

b
rikybob is online now Find More Posts by rikybob
Last edited by rikybob; Aug 08, 2012 at 10:57 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:49 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
I wrote in to the Horizon Hobby podcast asking about the telemetry readings that my DX8 is getting from the 130X. Without actually saying anything, they hinted that a future version will have telemetry. As for now, the 130X is only sending basic connection info.
Got a link to that?
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:55 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
Okay, I just ordered some orange and yellow blades for my 130X to go with my new red and yellow canopy. I am going to have to rebalanced them, I know. On my present blades I only dynamically balanced the tail blades but not the main blades. What is the best way to dynamically balance the main rotor blades? Do I have to remove the TT and B gear?
No, you don't have to take the heli apart other than removing the main blades. You can use either a "teeter totter" type balancer and/or a very precise digital scale that can measure down to 0.01g.

Find the spanwise CG of each blade by rolling them on a very flat surface over a hardened steel rod or something similar. Mark the CGs. They should be pretty much the same distance out from the root on these light plastic blades. Now, find out which is the lighter blade with either the scale or "teeter totter" magnetic type balancer. Add tape at the CG point of the lighter blade until they weigh exactly the same and/or balance completely level. I use the magnetic balancer from Extreme. It was only $16 and I've used it many times. It works very well.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:57 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob View Post
Hiya Sertav!

Mine is wired directly without an on/off switch using this guys kit which has some kind of modulator in addition to the screen/back light.

You follow this guys instructions and you are in. Took an hour and prolly less if I hadn't put the screen on backwards! DOH!

b
Wonder how that affects battery life with it always being on when the TX is on. Backlights can use a lot of juice.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:03 PM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,213 Posts
Doh!
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:27 PM
Joined Mar 2011
114 Posts
What's up with SERTAV will that guy ever learn. The guy is smart about helis just so dang caustic. Got run from HF with about 5 screen names.
stablehover is offline Find More Posts by stablehover
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:33 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
Quote:
What is the best way to dynamically balance the main rotor blades?
My 130X baldes did not require balancing dynamic or otherwise however easiest way is on the bird. Zero pitch and 100 % throttle. What I do is place a board or such cross ways thru the skids and weigh it down so heli can not move during this. I use heli tracking tape such as is used on 400s and up .Place a piece folded over on the top and bottom of one blade close to the end., center of fold at the leading edge. If better add mor if worshe take it off and try one other blade. It is trial and error just like with tail blades.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:33 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablehover View Post
What's up with SERTAV will that guy ever learn. The guy is smart about helis just so dang caustic. Got run from HF with about 5 screen names.
Well, crumb... I agree he's caustic. But he did contribute a lot here. And he's entertaining.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:35 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
I wonder how long it will be before someone puts out some cool scale bodies for this? I'd like to see H500E myself.
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,379 Posts
I think sometimes people don't come across in person the same they do on here. Some of the spirit of the message is lost on here. Can be mistaken for rudeness when it was meant as a joke etc. I try to give the benefit of the doubt as I've been in that position before, and it sucks. People need to agree to disagree and respect others opinions. I no longer allow things to get to me on here. Especially after my recent "bad day" on here. I was sick (still am) and groggy and typed out some crap about the off topic stuff. I apologized and all is well again, but if someones having a bad day, I believe it's best to type around those messages as if they weren't there and set a good example instead of adding to the bad examples. Just my 2 pennies worth.
happy landings y'all.
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablehover View Post
He made it to my Ignor list along with aboyut 20 others I have so awarded over the years I have been here. Funny thing is I find that most such membetrs do not still around ling once they stop getting the attention they seek.
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:40 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,315 Posts
It seems that sertav has been suspended whereas Livonia Bob has just come out of it.

I wonder whether his situation is the same as Bob's. Can he still post like Bob?
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:29 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
I think sometimes people don't come across in person the same they do on here. Some of the spirit of the message is lost on here. Can be mistaken for rudeness when it was meant as a joke etc. I try to give the benefit of the doubt as I've been in that position before, and it sucks. People need to agree to disagree and respect others opinions. I no longer allow things to get to me on here. Especially after my recent "bad day" on here. I was sick (still am) and groggy and typed out some crap about the off topic stuff. I apologized and all is well again, but if someones having a bad day, I believe it's best to type around those messages as if they weren't there and set a good example instead of adding to the bad examples. Just my 2 pennies worth.
happy landings y'all.
Garry K.
I agree completely Garry. But once someone realizes that their intention was mistaken then they have an opportunity to clarify the situation. When they instead continue to pile it on then they cannot be afforded an excuse. At this point they have confirmed their intention.

I've been mistaken before and have quickly apologized and clarified. It's just as simple as that.
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:37 PM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
What the hell did sertav do now? Is he banned or are his posts just hidden?
liduno is offline Find More Posts by liduno
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:54 PM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,213 Posts
The forums are an exact microcosm of real life.

You have engaging idiots everywhere. Some more and some less.

In private life they'd be gentlemen because someone would actually "clean their clock" and not put up with them or simply wouldn't be around them.

"He who shall remain nameless" is a shining example of just that.

He's actually fairly engaging but highly opinionated and if you differ from him..........

Well, I was waiting for it to happen. I'm one of the people he ridiculed who he said was "ridiculous" and was an "idiot".

However my mother breast fed me and I'm pretty grounded and realize "this" is NOT the real world and let the "slights" slide!

Later though, kinda like "one of those guys who acts cool when you areby yourselves" he was pretty cool to converse with.

His personality was a shining example of who he said he was. "Retired military", rather young and "waits for my wife to get home". These boards typically become a 24/7 community of the disenfranchised!

Kind of a shame as I indicated previously, I kinda liked the little cuss.

b