SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:52 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Thanks for explaining that to him. I didn't feeling wasting my time educating someone who shows no respect. I mean what's the point of his response to my post really? I'm guessing, like many people, he comes online to get his aggressions out hoping that in some way he can compensate for his otherwise pathetic and unfulfilling real world existence. But that's just a guess. Maybe he's a prick in real life too and he just can't help himself.
LOL and "like".
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:59 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racie34 View Post
because "you" cannot control your aggressions......you post dribble
I knew it! He's just a kid. I shouldn't say "just" because he's part of our future.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:01 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
I knew it! He's just a kid. I shouldn't say "just" because he's part of our future.
Not if Darwin has anything to say about it (please, please!)...
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:09 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racie34 View Post
because "you" cannot control your aggressions......you post dribble
If its not TOO much to ask, please try posting in complete sentences so we can understand the point(s) you are attempting to make.

When you start a sentence with "because" it implies that I asked you a question. I wasn't even talking to you and certainly wasn't asking for your response. If I wanted YOUR response I wouldve quoted YOUR post.

But since you brought it up, what exactly have I posted that is dribble? Sertav commented about the DX8 lipo and I chimed in with my experience. You then decided to bash my flying style and implied that I'm an idiot for charging my DX8 only once it gets near an acceptably low voltage. While you're certainly entitled to your opinion regarding how I may or may not fly, your comment regarding the charging requirements of a DX8 lipo battery is just factually incorrect unless you have personally observed and logged my history of DX8 usage. Furthermore, your style is off-putting and is highly unlikely to win you any sort of positive response here or anywhere else.

So check yourself if you plan on being a positive contributor here. You're off to a pretty miserable start with me.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:10 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
So check yourself if you plan on being a positive contributor here. You're off to a pretty miserable start with me.
Report him. Select "trolling (provocation)" as the reason.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:12 PM
Joined Jan 2012
25 Posts
I also "fly" the DX8 for long periods without recharging.

Typically I have at least 25 HOURS of "flight time" on my DX8 (using the 4000mah Lipo) between charges. That flight time is spread across the 130X, Mcpx, MQX, LadyBird Hybrid, UM T-28, UM Pole Cat, UMX Beast, and a GWS Slow Stick. Even then the DX8 volt meter shows at least 7.7 volts remaining which suggests I have only discharged the battery around 50% giving me another 30% of capacity as a safety factor.
beqok is offline Find More Posts by beqok
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:14 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beqok View Post
Typically I have at least 25 HOURS of "flight time" on my DX8 (using the 4000mah Lipo) between charges. That flight time is spread across the 130X, Mcpx, MQX, LadyBird Hybrid, UM T-28, UM Pole Cat, UMX Beast, and a GWS Slow Stick. Even then the DX8 volt meter shows at least 7.7 volts remaining which suggests I have only discharged the battery around 50% giving me another 30% of capacity as a safety factor.
Most excellent! I love hearing these "run forever" run-time reports. At that rate, you could fly a couple of hours per week...for MONTHS... I hope to get the same great performance out of my lipo when it arrives. Are you simply using the stock "wall wart" charger?

And, 7.7V? Heck, my stock DX8 battery, fully charged, has never shown over 5.4V, even after being left on the charger overnight... I think 5.6V is the max reading on the meter for the Ni-MH battery. But, it's not really that big of a deal. I read that the DSM/Spektrum system only needs 3.5V for proper function.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:18 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
Back on topic...... I finally got mine in the air tonight. I bumped up the NORM throttle curve points in my 9503 and spooled it up quickly while stirring the cyclic around the center and then popped it right up into a stable hover. Tail holds solid. Pitch pumps resulted in no tail kicks. Landed and recharged for a second flight and came off the deck the same way then did 4 minutes of figure eights and 30 seconds of hovering with more pitch pumps.

This thing has a presence in the air that the mcpx just does not have. It really does fly bigger and is very stable in cruise sport type flying. I flew my stock mcpx right after that and it felt so loose compared to the 130x. I think my mcpx is going to turn into my beater heli.
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus View Post
I think my mcpx is going to turn into my beater heli.
I thought the mCP X was most peoples' "beater heli". I know mine sure is.

It really is funny, though, how I treat my 130 X like its bigger brothers and give it much more care than my mCP X. The mCP X, I just charge and fly. I only look at it when it starts acting up. Guess I really love the 130 X that much because it really is such a great flying heli in a small but not "too small" package.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:24 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
Funny you should say that, but the mcpx was my only single rotor CP heli for over a year. I liked it so much when it came out I sold my Swift 550mm, Trex 250 and my HK450. I mostly fly my FPV quadcopter, but my mcpx gets allot of time too. The 130 will take its spot.
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:26 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beqok View Post
Almost exactly what I'm seeing. Most of my flying is 3D planes (42" Slick, 48" Edge, 48" EPP Yak, 51" Slick, and 57" Extra) and I do fly pretty hard. I usually end up charging at around 7.0 volts just because I can't fathom that it's lasted so long! I mean... It's a 2s battery so it could easily go down as far as 6.5 volts and be completely safe!!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:29 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus View Post
Funny you should say that, but the mcpx was my only single rotor CP heli for over a year. I liked it so much when it came out I sold my Swift 550mm, Trex 250 and my HK450. I mostly fly my FPV quadcopter, but my mcpx gets allot of time too. The 130 will take its spot.
Wow, I couldn't imagine only having the mCP X as a "real heli". I say "real heli" because, to me, anything that isn't CP isn't a "real heli". But, I do love my FP mSR X for indoor cat dust-off missions...

For me, the 130 X is everything I'd been looking for in a great performing pocket chopper. Small enough for some hover, slow flight indoors and awesome for out front at the house in the mornings when the wind is down and it's cool outside. I never liked the mCP X outdoors. I have excellent vision, but it's just too danged small. I converted it to brushless (C05) and it is still lacking in power even though the tail holds much better. And, after the 130 X, I'm definitely not dumping more money into it to go to the insane HP05 type brushless motors.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 07:14 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
Added Nanotech 25C 370 LiPoly to my 130X LiPolys test

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...51&postcount=8

130X versus mCPX

I have two BL mCPX and a brand new in the box brushed one and enough spares to make another BL one. I flew over 500 mCPX flights in just over two months re-learning to fly a heli . I purchased 130X about thtree weeks ago and now my mCPXs rarely get flown. They fly great for thier size but 130 is just so muck smother / more positive . Heck 130 will even do rel loops and real rolls in FFF try those with a mCPX.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Aug 08, 2012 at 07:26 AM.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:07 AM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
I wrote in to the Horizon Hobby podcast asking about the telemetry readings that my DX8 is getting from the 130X. Without actually saying anything, they hinted that a future version will have telemetry. As for now, the 130X is only sending basic connection info.
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:08 AM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Okay, I just ordered some orange and yellow blades for my 130X to go with my new red and yellow canopy. I am going to have to rebalanced them, I know. On my present blades I only dynamically balanced the tail blades but not the main blades. What is the best way to dynamically balance the main rotor blades? Do I have to remove the TT and B gear?

Bob

See post #159 to get an idea what I am talking about http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....434435&page=16
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Last edited by Willyboy; Aug 08, 2012 at 09:18 AM.