HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:51 AM
Flying FPV or Dreaming I Am...
United States, CO, Durango
Joined Sep 2001
6,072 Posts
I picked up a 130x at a HS while I was in Denver this past weekend. I got home Sunday and bound it to my JR9503 following the Dx7/Dx8 settings and charged the battery. I went to test it last night in the garage and before it reaches spool up speed, it tips over to the right without any cyclic input. I looked at the swash movement while TH is engaged and the swash is starting level and mid-stick and stays level through the whole pitch range, but when I spooled it up in NORM the swash starts tilting and pegs out to the right. No wonder it tilts over. Do I have a bad board? I initialize it sitting level and do not move it.
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:02 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,364 Posts
I find it best to spool up fast as in St1 (Idl Up) and get of the ground as soon as possible.
I use mininum correction input during spoolup.

Some spool up slow and some say use not inputs until heli if in the air. Above is what works best for me.

If you do any reading at all you will find that the tail shaft bearing are awful and thus there is an extrem amout of tail vivbrations during spool up. There are many fixs for this and I have posted my fix about 6 times already in this thread. Many purchase $25 worth of Bocca Flange bearings and report they are great but that seems rather expensive to me when my free fix works so well.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:26 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus View Post
I picked up a 130x at a HS while I was in Denver this past weekend. I got home Sunday and bound it to my JR9503 following the Dx7/Dx8 settings and charged the battery. I went to test it last night in the garage and before it reaches spool up speed, it tips over to the right without any cyclic input. I looked at the swash movement while TH is engaged and the swash is starting level and mid-stick and stays level through the whole pitch range, but when I spooled it up in NORM the swash starts tilting and pegs out to the right. No wonder it tilts over. Do I have a bad board? I initialize it sitting level and do not move it.
I'd take it back from you where you bought it personally. Even WITH the bad tail vibes that everyone else experiences the heli does not tip while spooling up nor should it. I'm not saying that the vibes aren't the cause - they may be, but other people have had bad vibes and not experienced this tipping issue.

If it's not possible to take it back from where you got it then call HH right away - they'll take care of you.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:28 AM
Joined Sep 2001
6,072 Posts
Well I still have and fly my OEM v1 mcpx, so I may have a few of those in the parts bin. I was also reading about sub trim, but since mine stays level after initialization and cyclic inputs I am leaning towards vibes overwhelming the gyros or a flaw in the board.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:33 AM
Joined Sep 2001
6,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I'd take it back from you where you bought it personally. Even WITH the bad tail vibes that everyone else experiences the heli does not tip while spooling up nor should it. I'm not saying that the vibes aren't the cause - they may be, but other people have had bad vibes and not experienced this tipping issue.

If it's not possible to take it back from where you got it then call HH right away - they'll take care of you.
I purchased it while in Denver which is about 7+ hours away. I called the hobby shop and left a message. If I don't hear from them soon, I will try giving HH a try.

My mcpx pops right up off the ground without any cyclic input. All my past CP birds without FBL I had to feed in some cyclic during lift off, but not much if the swash was leveled right during the radio setup.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:33 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,250 Posts
Quote:
Well I still have and fly my OEM v1 mcpx, so I may have a few of those in the parts bin. I was also reading about sub trim, but since mine stays level after initialization and cyclic inputs I am leaning towards vibes overwhelming the gyros or a flaw in the board.
It could be vibes. I'm just saying that others (including me) have experienced vibes without experiencing tipping on spool up (in any mode).
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:34 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Yes, something is very wrong. That is not normal behavior. Take it back.
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:38 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,250 Posts
Quote:
I purchased it while in Denver which is about 7+ hours away. I called the hobby shop and left a message. If I don't hear from them soon, I will try giving HH a try.

My mcpx pops right up off the ground without any cyclic input. All my past CP birds without FBL I had to feed in some cyclic during lift off, but not much if the swash was leveled right during the radio setup.
Yea - the 130x is somewhere in between. If you pop it off the ground (as opposed to trying to ease it off the ground) then you really don't need any cyclic input. But if you try to ease it off the ground you'll need to finesse in some cyclic to make it lift off straight.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:15 AM
Joined Sep 2001
6,072 Posts
As long as the swash is pinning itself all the way to the right under power, I am not going to attempt to lift off in this condition.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:29 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
As long as the swash is pinning itself all the way to the right under power, I am not going to attempt to lift off in this condition.
And that is absolutely the correct move...don't fly it... I had very similar issues with my first 130 X. After a few blade scrapes on the kitchen tile from it wanting to roll over well below flight RPM, I boxed it up and returned it to HH for a refund before I *really* crashed it and they could blame me. I ordered a second one and put the new blades on the old one "just in case".
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:31 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,364 Posts
Quote:

Nor would I however the only times I have had mine flip over during spool up was during a slow spool. up.

Using St.2 for spoo lup most imes I need no input prior to lift off but sometimes it needs slight tail input and from time to time a slight amount of cyclic input. I have 60 flights on mine so have more than a few spool ups to base my input on.
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:55 AM
Joined Sep 2001
6,072 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys. I got in touch with the HS and they guy told me to rebind it. Going to try that first when I get home tonight. Then go from there.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:58 AM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Does anyone have the yellow tail and main blades that would like to trade for the orange ones (brand new in package)?
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old Aug 07, 2012, 12:34 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,075 Posts
Quote:

Make sure you don't have any trim entered in all your flight modes, then rebind it. Which shop did you go to?
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Aug 07, 2012, 12:49 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback guys. I got in touch with the HS and they guy told me to rebind it. Going to try that first when I get home tonight. Then go from there.
Didn't you already try that? That's like the "go-to" move when Blade/HH BNF aircraft start acting up.