HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 06, 2012, 02:58 PM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
I paid $22.95 ea and $3.00 for shipping for a total of $71.85. Expensive but worth it to me and it also came with the UMX connectors.

Bob

GOOD GOD!

Do those batteries come with a THAI HOOKER???

WOW!

b

PS Linky plz for the batts?
rikybob is offline Find More Posts by rikybob
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2012, 05:14 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob View Post
GOOD GOD!

Do those batteries come with a THAI HOOKER???

WOW!

b

PS Linky plz for the batts?
www.thailadyboyz... Oh wait, nevermind you said "batts"
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
Old Aug 06, 2012, 06:01 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,469 Posts
I flew my 130X this morning. On the fourth pack the heli fell out of the air. I tried a new battery and after a few minutes flying it fell to the ground. So, I flew my 300X. After about 15 minutes I flew the 130X again. Well, 2.5 minutes into the flight it fell out of the air.
I called HH when I got home. The CS rep said the PCB was bad and he will send a replacement. The surprising thing is I told him it had over 80 flights on it and I bought it a month ago. To me this represents great customer service.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Aug 06, 2012, 06:03 PM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,250 Posts
I'm glad to hear about the great customer service. That's one big reason for me to buy the 130 X when I get the funds together.
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Old Aug 06, 2012, 06:04 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
I flew my 130X this morning. On the fourth pack the heli fell out of the air. I tried a new battery and after a few minutes flying it fell to the ground. So, I flew my 300X. After about 15 minutes I flew the 130X again. Well, 2.5 minutes into the flight it fell out of the air.
I called HH when I got home. The CS rep said the PCB was bad and he will send a replacement. The surprising thing is I told him it had over 80 flights on it and I bought it a month ago. To me this represents great customer service.
I wonder what would cause that to start happening all of the sudden. I have far more than 80 flights on mine and, after getting a DSMX TX last week, it's never been better.
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 06, 2012, 06:24 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
I wonder what would cause that to start happening all of the sudden. I have far more than 80 flights on mine and, after getting a DSMX TX last week, it's never been better.
My trans is also DSMX. It's not a binding issue. I have been flying it all day and the problem hasn't reoccurred but, there is considerable time between flights. The CS rep thinks it is a solder joint or a component that fails at temperature. That makes sense as it flies normal after cool down.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 06:32 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
My trans is also DSMX. It's not a binding issue. I have been flying it all day and the problem hasn't reoccurred but, there is considerable time between flights. The CS rep thinks it is a solder joint or a component that fails at temperature. That makes sense as it flies normal after cool down.
Could be. Maybe a crash knocked something just loose enough to be intermittent. Are they flat out sending you a new board or do they want the old one back, too?
Old Aug 06, 2012, 06:36 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,469 Posts
Quote:
Could be. Maybe a crash knocked something just loose enough to be intermittent. Are they flat out sending you a new board or do they want the old one back, too?
He said he would send out a new PCB today. He didn't ask for the old one back.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 06:38 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
He said he would send out a new PCB today. He didn't ask for the old one back.
Nice! They could have had you send it back and wait until they got it to send out a new one. Excellent service...
Old Aug 06, 2012, 06:40 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,667 Posts
If it is like the MCPx head thing, they will send a prepaid UPS label to send the old one back.
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Aug 06, 2012, 06:43 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,469 Posts
Quote:
Nice! They could have had you send it back and wait until they got it to send out a new one. Excellent service...
Due to the length of time I have had it and the number of flights I didn't think they would do anything and I would have accepted that. I figured it was worth a try. The CS rep was very cordial. We talked a few minutes about flying heli's.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 06:59 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
+1 on that. We may have problems with their product at times but they do stand behind what they sell. I was trying to pull an aerilon servo lead out of my Beast 3D UMX board and the receptacle detached from the mother board. Called HH, very friendly service and sent a new one and received it the next day.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Last edited by Willyboy; Aug 06, 2012 at 07:49 PM. Reason: SIC
Old Aug 06, 2012, 07:15 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
+1 on that. We may have problems with their product at times but they do stand behind what they sell. I was trying to pull an aerilon servo lead out of my Beast 3D UMX board and the receptacle detach form the mother board. Called HH, very friendly service and sent a new one and received it the next day.

Bob
You're right and this wasn't my first experience with Blade CS. I had a problem with an mCPX and 120SR. They took care of me both times.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 11:07 PM
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2012
84 Posts
I'm pretty happy with my mCPX and will go BL with it soon. I'll probably wade it out to see if the 130X's boards get all the bugs worked out before pulling the trigger on one. Or maybe just jump to a 300X.
Billj747 is offline Find More Posts by Billj747
Old Aug 06, 2012, 11:20 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
If it is like the MCPx head thing, they will send a prepaid UPS label to send the old one back.
No, that mCP X "head recall" was a Horizon pre-emptive litigious action so they wouldn't get sued if people had eyes taken out from early mCP X heli rotor head failures throwing blade grips/blades due to bad bearings...

The mCP X "head thing" is nothing like any other part failure Horizon has ever addressed...