HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob View Post
Time for me to sleep so's I can fly in the AM before the temps here in Florida reach 1,000,000 F!
Same here and good on ya...you know how to git-R-done with flying and dealing with the heat, unlike some other dimwitted individual who wonders "when I have time to fly". Ya just gotta do it EARLY.
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:15 PM
Joined Mar 2011
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablehover View Post
Then when do you fly? Remember Batts charged, walker or cane by the door, No need for Liduno's floss because teeth are cleaned in a glass by the bed, picture of Bert on your forehead with his little neck, diss Jasmine, call people liars, regale us with your time in the service, tell us your well-heeled and retired, Call Will James from Heli-Freak a liar and a net-nanny, be caustic and argue all the time, use about three,four,five different screen names, be a lonely old dude that spends his day on the internet, call James Haley an idiot, GET RUN FROM HELI-FREAK LIKE THREE TIMES, even people with an apology you dog like a puppy on a chain, your just a mean old man that has nothing but an internet helicopter forum. YOUR VITRIOL ON HELI FREAK SUCKED AND IT SUCKS HERE. And remember you blew me so much crap for saying that the MCPX taught more people to fly than your HIROBO WHAT? Dude nobody knows what that pile of you know what is anymore is you pissy lil' FELLER.
Yep its always better when it's cool
stablehover is offline Find More Posts by stablehover
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:42 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post

Anyway I wish i could get some more flying in. I can never understand how you guys get hundreds of flights on these things. I can barely fly on the weekends and after work its always horrible weather lately. I'm not really bothered by the tail vibes on startup but maybe if i was doing the 20 flights a day that some seem to be doing, it would be an issue, i don't know.
You must retire.
J_skaggs is online now Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:56 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
You must retire.
"Like"
Old Aug 01, 2012, 12:37 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
I'm retired. Wifey still works. I have the house to myself all day, every day. Well, when I'm not doing all the normal chores since I'm home anyway. But, I always still find time to fly!
I'm in the same boat, except I hardly ever have time to fly. She keeps me busy. I'm thinking of going back to work just so I can have some time to myself! We have a house on 10 acres and between the garden, well, septic, grass, driveway, barn, irrigation, house chores, shopping, cooking, dog (love him) and trapping the damned gophers, there's no time for me!
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Aug 01, 2012, 03:23 AM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
I think you're right, so I will apologize if I offended anyone. I'm not in my best form today as I've been sick all week and am overdosed on NyQuil, DayQuil, Sudaphed etc. I don't like all the OT crap, but my vents were open wider than usual. After a nap I re-read my post and am a little ashamed of myself. Please take it with a grain of salt.
If you read all my other posts, you'll see they are usually filled with good humor.
Garry K.
I accept your apology and offer mine in return, I could have been less of a smart ass replying to you.

Now I don't have to try and remember to be mean to you I kid I kid
liduno is offline Find More Posts by liduno
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:55 AM
United States, MN, Clearwater
Joined Jul 2012
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
You must retire.
why retire? I'm a pretty young fart and still I find time to fly, of course, it helps that flying is pretty much what I do. If there is no wind, then there is a good chance i am flying
RyPlane is offline Find More Posts by RyPlane
Old Aug 01, 2012, 12:04 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyPlane View Post
why retire?
Because work pretty much sucks for most people?
Old Aug 01, 2012, 12:09 PM
United States, MN, Clearwater
Joined Jul 2012
57 Posts
Quote:
Because work pretty much sucks for most people?
could not agree more but i meant more like that if you enjoy flying, then it is fine to MAKE time to do it. Mabey eat breakfast really fast and get an early-morning flight.
RyPlane is offline Find More Posts by RyPlane
Old Aug 01, 2012, 12:17 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyPlane View Post
could not agree more but i meant more like that if you enjoy flying, then it is fine to MAKE time to do it. Mabey eat breakfast really fast and get an early-morning flight.
Not a bad strategy. I got my six Hyperions in on the 130 X this morning and was done by 0830.
Old Aug 01, 2012, 12:33 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Not a bad strategy. I got my six Hyperions in on the 130 X this morning and was done by 0830.
Lucky! All I got was about 15 minutes of sim time between breakfast and heading to work!

Hopefully I get my 130x back from HH soon.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Aug 01, 2012, 12:44 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Lucky! All I got was about 15 minutes of sim time between breakfast and heading to work!

Hopefully I get my 130x back from HH soon.
Dang, you're still waiting on that thing? I know you had tail servo problems, but what was it again that finally got you to send the whole thing in? For me, it was a bad AS3X board after getting my DOA servo replaced, but it went back for GOOD. Everything else I can fix.
Old Aug 01, 2012, 01:06 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,458 Posts
Drift to port?

Anyone aware of an issue with the board where the bird tries to tip over to port during liftoff, and always drifts to port during a hands-off hover - regardless of mechanical or tx trim settings? (Tx trim stops the drift for the duration of the flight, but the drift returns the next time AS3X initializes.) Interestingly, I don't notice the behavior during FFF.

I started to notice the above behavior last week. Spooling-up on the bench w/o main blades, the swash slowly heels-over to port - even when no stick input is given. I tried adjusting the swash linkage. Ended up with the swash visibly not level & still couldn't get rid of the drift. I have verified that there is nothing out of order with the tx setup, and the tx performs flawlessly with my other helis & fixed-wing ships. Called HH & they promptly sent me a new board. Installed the new board yesterday, and the bird flew very poorly. The drift to port was much more pronounced, and the tail also drifted badly. Went back to the original board. The tail-drift disappeared & the drift to port returned to what it had been.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 01, 2012, 01:10 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Dang, you're still waiting on that thing? I know you had tail servo problems, but what was it again that finally got you to send the whole thing in? For me, it was a bad AS3X board after getting my DOA servo replaced, but it went back for GOOD. Everything else I can fix.
Well - to be fair, I just recently sent it in. I had my tail issues a few weeks back and then I ordered all the necessary parts (or so I thought) to get it back in the air. I got it back in the air but the tail was blowing out and it sounded like a lawn mower (just wasn't running smoothly). Then I went on vacation with the wife and then once I got back I gave them a call and basically said:

"I crashed due to a tail servo failure while in inverted flight. I tried to repair it but it's still not fully back to it's original form. So instead of trying to track this down bit by bit why don't you guys take a look and fix it for me. I know you'll do the right thing because the main reason I'm in this predicament is because of the failed tail servo (that was still essentially brand new)."

So I mailed it off last Thursday. They got it on Monday. As of now they've done nothing with it but hopefully they get it repaired this week and I'll have it back next week. However - I'm out of the country next week so I probably won't get to fly it until the NEXT week.

I know what my tail blowout issue is. The tail pitch slider is missing the little nub that goes into the fork. But I don't know what's causing the really loud sound. It's hard to explain it but it doesn't appear to be a vibration - it just seems like something isn't seated properly. Every now and then it would smooth itself right out. I looked and looked and tested and tested but I just couldn't pin it down. So my only choice was to replace suspect parts one by one until I found it. OR... I could just replace everything but seeing as how this should really be a warranty item in the first place I figured I'd just let them take a look at it.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Aug 01, 2012, 01:13 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Anyone aware of an issue with the board where the bird tries to tip over to port during liftoff, and always drifts to port during a hands-off hover - regardless of mechanical or tx trim settings? (Tx trim stops the drift for the duration of the flight, but the drift returns the next time AS3X initializes.) Interestingly, I don't notice the behavior during FFF.

I started to notice the above behavior last week. Spooling-up on the bench w/o main blades, the swash slowly heels-over to port - even when no stick input is given. I tried adjusting the swash linkage. Ended up with the swash visibly not level & still couldn't get rid of the drift. I have verified that there is nothing out of order with the tx setup, and the tx performs flawlessly with my other helis & fixed-wing ships. Called HH & they promptly sent me a new board. Installed the new board yesterday, and the bird flew very poorly. The drift to port was much more pronounced, and the tail also drifted badly. Went back to the original board. The tail-drift disappeared & the drift to port returned to what it had been.

Joel
Hmmm... I'd vote bad board because that's what my first 130 X started doing. Hovered fine for about 3-4 flights and then started to try to tip itself over port/forward on every attempted takeoff. I know you don't think it's anything with the TX, but is there any way at all you can try another TX and just do a quick basic setup on a free model memory to get it into a hover? That was another motivational point in my decision to keep my DX7 and order the DX8. There have been times with other aircraft when I wished I had another compatible TX.

How are your vibes? As I'm sure you know, vibes are a killer for FBL systems... I never bothered to get the vibes out of that 130 X and see if that was causing the AS3X issue. It was such a pile of junk overall that I just returned it.