HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 31, 2012, 09:01 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,834 Posts
Could we please keep this thread about the Blade 130X ?

There are chat rooms, PMs , emails for those who what to chit chat about OT subjects.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:09 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,340 Posts
It's like they've forgotten what it's like to read through a whole thread in search of relative information. Or maybe they never have. SHeeesh!!!!!
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:22 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Firefly got cancelled. BSG ran its originally intended story arc. They planned to end it. It was not cancelled. That's even worse!
Too bad they didn't do more with "Caprica". Decent premise, but the show sucked and got cancelled. I don't think they even finished the second season.
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:23 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
Are we talking original series BSG or the remake?
Remake. Took me a while to get used to Starbuck as a chick.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:26 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racie34 View Post
Sertav and others.....approx how much will you have in the 130 when you feel its okay? things climbing in price daily isn't it?....not ridiculing, just wondering
Quote:
Originally Posted by racie34 View Post
okay........people who's time does matter and have a budget....is this heli at over $300 meeting your expectations? if you have nothing else to do with your life but free labor , dont answer.
It appears that you're fishing for a particular response to support your position. If so, this ain't it!!

I solved the tail-vibe issues with about 0.1 cents'-worth of Scotch tape. Took all of 10-15 minutes. I also installed a set of Bocas because I prefer quality, tight-tolerance bearings over poorly-engineered bearings. That took less 5 minutes. For less than I typically spend on glow-fuel in a single afternoon of flying my larger fixed-wing ships, I have an 130X that flies perfectly.

I now have over 10 hours on mine. So far, I have not bent, broken or worn-out a single part on this bird - despite a number of dumb-thumbs maneuvers. One of which involved hitting the vertical section of my 100' ham radio antenna with the main rotor during a FFF circuit around the yard.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:30 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Now you see why he's on my ignore list. I took the time to give an accurate, detailed reply to that very question of his. I won't be typing out detailed, helpful responses any time soon because it's, apparently, a waste...
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:36 PM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,824 Posts
I am absolutely loving my 130X now that I got most of the quirks figured out...

First I had to shave the A gear so it didn't touch my servo FET. Then I had major shuddering which was solved by using the canopy grommets on the swashplate. Last issue was the C gear kept coming off resulting in loss of tail control. CA'd it and no problems.

I have intermittent tail vibes upon spoolup but I'm sure that is related to the inordinate amount of slop in the tail case. I can live with it but want to address this down the road.

If I was a newbie, I'm not sure I would be very happy at all with this heli. Because I have some experience, it has all worked out.

Horizon has had a lot of issues with some of their releases and at the end of the day you have to make the decision of whether it is worth it. I for one am glad I now have the perfect small field heli to play with!
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:41 PM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
Could we please keep this thread about the Blade 130X ?

There are chat rooms, PMs , emails for those who what to chit chat about OT subjects
Charles
This thread turned into a postwhore thread long before this. All the bickering and whining and arguing sent this thread off track long ago..lol
liduno is offline Find More Posts by liduno
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:47 PM
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob View Post
The remake. I'm watching it now!

What a GREAT allegory about Terrorism and.....well Wiki it. It's not just a fun premise its a phreakin' great allegory of our times!

b
I tried to tell people it wasn't just a sci fi show, the political and social side of the show was just as interesting as the spaceships, and then there's the smoking hot cylon chics and..lol
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:49 PM
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
Too bad they didn't do more with "Caprica". Decent premise, but the show sucked and got cancelled. I don't think they even finished the second season.
It slacked a bit, but then right before it got canceled I thought it started to pick up. There were some pretty dark story lines that could have been pretty interesting.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:52 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood View Post
I have intermittent tail vibes upon spoolup but I'm sure that is related to the inordinate amount of slop in the tail case. I can live with it but want to address this down the road.
No, you can't. Fix it now before those vibes destroy other stuff...like your tail servo... If you haven't done so, better bearings, ensure your tail shaft and hub are square and balance your blades. There is NO reason a person cannot have a silky smooth tail on this heli at ALL RPM ranges. You may "think" that spool-up vibe goes away at flight RPM, but it doesn't. You just can't see it because it's at a much higher, destructive frequency. Heck, I can HEAR it in a lot of the videos I've watched, Jasmine's included, even though it "went away" after spool-up.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:54 PM
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
It's like they've forgotten what it's like to read through a whole thread in search of relative information. Or maybe they never have. SHeeesh!!!!!
Garry K.
I do agree that a 3000 post thread is hard to find info in, but the search function is pretty much required in almost any sticky on this forum, even if the whole thread is on topic.

The threads are so long you need to use the search function anyway so it doesn't really change anything if the conversation tends to wander off topic.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:55 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno View Post
It slacked a bit, but then right before it got canceled I thought it started to pick up. There were some pretty dark story lines that could have been pretty interesting.
Too much "teen angst"...it just dragged on and on... I did want to see how little Adama became BSG CDR Adama, though, but they never got there.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:56 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
I tried to tell people it wasn't just a sci fi show, the political and social side of the show was just as interesting as the spaceships, and then there's the smoking hot cylon chics and..lol
Oh, yes... That Asian one was on fire!
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:59 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
I do agree that a 3000 post thread is hard to find info in, but the search function is pretty much required in almost any sticky on this forum, even if the whole thread is on topic.

The threads are so long you need to use the search function anyway so it doesn't really change anything if the conversation tends to wander off topic.
Exactly. Too bad more people can't figure that out.