Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 30, 2012, 09:14 PM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2tw4all View Post
Hey you are in stoning ton, you must shop at quantum hobby then. You are very fortunate to live so close to that place!!!

Tom
I use H&H Hobbies here. but yes quantum is close
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2012, 09:14 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Not good enough quality for me. I watch this stuff in front of a 10' wide screen! Jeez... am I on A/V Science's forums now?
Interesting. 1080p is good enough for me.
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 30, 2012, 09:29 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
Interesting. 1080p is good enough for me.
It is 1080p. It's all about the bandwidth and compression artifacts. Blocking, motion, etc. There's 1080p and then there's 1080p. But that's a subject for A/V Science forums!
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Jul 30, 2012, 09:36 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
It is 1080p. It's all about the bandwidth and compression artifacts. Blocking, motion, etc. There's 1080p and then there's 1080p. But that's a subject for A/V Science forums!
Cool. Watching my "downloaded" stuff at 720 or 1080p and 5.1 or greater makes me happy. Can't complain about the price.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 09:39 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob View Post
Hiya Jazzy!

Wondered when you'd chime in!

As I have worked my way out of HK products into "name brand goodies" I have been developing a relationship with my LHS.

In doing so I have great confidence that when I pry my wallet open (allowing GIANT moths to be free) if I get a lemon I can take it back.

I wonder if I will end up with luck like yours and get a good 'un???

All the best!

b
If you don't then you can always take it back i guess. I posted a review video on YouTube so you can see how it flies. A lot of folks are having legitimate problems

Blade 130X Consumer Review (14 min 45 sec)
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Jul 30, 2012, 09:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
If you don't then you can always take it back i guess. I posted a review video on YouTube so you can see how it flies. A lot of folks are having legitimate problems

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HC18oKg_E6U
I really like this unboxing/flight test video of yours, Jasmine, but I truly hope you tamed that NASTY tail vibe at 10:40 or so into the video when you first spool it up. Ouch. That resonant noise and vertical tail fin vibe is painful to see, even though you "think" it may have gone away at higher RPMs.

That is exactly the stuff that destroys parts/bearings over time. Even if one doesn't see/hear vibes like that it in flight...it's there...at a much higher frequency... No matter what Horizon says, it is NOT "normal".
Old Jul 30, 2012, 09:50 PM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racie34 View Post
anyway......seems the 130 is fast approaching $330 and up + time? and you ordered a $20 slider?...the little bugger is expensive
I am afraid to find out how much I have sank into this one... The guy at the hobby shop asked me the other day how my 130 x was.. I sighed... then he laughed (while I was buying another $50.00 worth of parts) and said your in here every day buying parts for it.

A $20.00 part is nothing if it keeps you from having to buy two $12.00 parts a week.
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:41 PM
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
I use H&H Hobbies here. but yes quantum is close
I haven't heard of h and h. I'm in ri though so I don't get dn that way a lot. Tim at quantum carries some pretty unique stuff though, that's where I got my Mcpx brushless upgrade he has tos of stuff in the back room that you wouldn't even know he has.
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:44 PM
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
I am afraid to find out how much I have sank into this one... The guy at the hobby shop asked me the other day how my 130 x was.. I sighed... then he laughed (while I was buying another $50.00 worth of parts) and said your in here every day buying parts for it.

A $20.00 part is nothing if it keeps you from having to buy two $12.00 parts a week.
No doubt there, I went through a ton of blade holders for my msrx before I broke down and got the mh alum one. Also Mcpx alum swash. Worth every penny.
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:10 AM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
BSG is the most completely awesomest tv series of all time. My wife loves it and she doesn't even like sci-fi. Of course she loved Firefly and Serenity too. Good taste.
I was seriously mad when they canceled both those shows..

I'm looking forward to a failing memory as I age, I will get to watch the series again like it was new..lol
liduno is offline Find More Posts by liduno
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:26 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno View Post

I'm looking forward to a failing memory as I age, I will get to watch the series again like it was new..lol
Firefly got cancelled. BSG ran its originally intended story arc. They planned to end it. It was not cancelled. That's even worse!
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:34 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,262 Posts
Quote:
makes you wonder what HH makes on one without it doesnt it? Must be a pretty good margain if they can replace one without batting an eye....ship both ways and send parts everywhere.........dont worry though, soon as there's a new "best and greatest" for the followers....that'll end too.
Kinda why I'm not a HH fan right now...
brushless55 is online now Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Jul 31, 2012, 06:00 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,436 Posts
Quote:
Firefly got cancelled. BSG ran its originally intended story arc. They planned to end it. It was not cancelled. That's even worse!
Are we talking original series BSG or the remake?
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 31, 2012, 06:25 AM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno View Post

I find that with books too.

"Wow, it's as if I never have read this book before"!

It reminds me of a dark joke about the good thing about having Alzheimer's, "You can hide your own Easter eggs".

b
rikybob is offline Find More Posts by rikybob
Old Jul 31, 2012, 06:27 AM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
Are we talking original series BSG or the remake?

The remake. I'm watching it now!

What a GREAT allegory about Terrorism and.....well Wiki it. It's not just a fun premise its a phreakin' great allegory of our times!

b
rikybob is offline Find More Posts by rikybob