SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 30, 2012, 07:13 PM
USA, PA, York
Joined Nov 2005
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racie34 View Post
okay........people who's time does matter and have a budget....is this heli at over $300 meeting your expectations? if you have nothing else to do with your life but free labor , dont answer.
I just got a 130X over the weekend, and so far, yes, it meets my expectations. Although I do have a full time job, my hobby time IS free; I enjoy flying AND tinkering.

I doubt you'll like my answer much, seems like you're just fishing for the negatives!
SherpaT is offline Find More Posts by SherpaT
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2012, 07:16 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherpaT View Post
I just got a 130X over the weekend, and so far, yes, it meets my expectations. Although I do have a full time job, my hobby time IS free; I enjoy flying AND tinkering.

I doubt you'll like my answer much, seems like you're just fishing for the negatives!
Booyah! Exactly.
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 30, 2012, 07:22 PM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,911 Posts
Quote:

nope..thats a postitive for you......koko would even agree
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old Jul 30, 2012, 07:24 PM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,194 Posts
Quote:

I like, I like!!!!

The truth is, is that the folks that are tickled pink are out flying and NOT posting!

The other folks that are disgruntled are taking time out of their live to post because, well, Horizon has their bird and it won't be home for 3 weeks to a month (personal experience).

I tend to believe that most folks have a good functioning bird.

I will have to say however that when I bought my MCP X I read and read about it in these wonderful forums filled with (for the most part) wonderful people and when my MCP X had uncontrollable "wet dog shakes" out of the box, I already knew that I had to do the "canopy nut mod" so I wasn't really disappointed in my imagination.

Still kinda sad though that you have to fix something brand new.

After all, I'm NOT a fanboy. I want my stuff to work out of the box but I know full well that it's a roll of the dice.

I'm just a bit of a masochist b/c I love it when an H/H product works yet I am perfectly willing to mod!

b
rikybob is online now Find More Posts by rikybob
Old Jul 30, 2012, 07:26 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,880 Posts
I'm tosted between this little heli and the Nine Eagles 180x?
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Jul 30, 2012, 07:28 PM
road wart
Joined Aug 2003
2,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob View Post
I like, I like!!!!

The truth is, is that the folks that are tickled pink are out flying and NOT posting!

The other folks that are disgruntled are taking time out of their live to post because, well, Horizon has their bird and it won't be home for 3 weeks to a month (personal experience).

I tend to believe that most folks have a good functioning bird.

I will have to say however that when I bought my MCP X I read and read about it in these wonderful forums filled with (for the most part) wonderful people and when my MCP X had uncontrollable "wet dog shakes" out of the box, I already knew that I had to do the "canopy nut mod" so I wasn't really disappointed in my imagination.

Still kinda sad though that you have to fix something brand new.

After all, I'm NOT a fanboy. I want my stuff to work out of the box but I know full well that it's a roll of the dice.

I'm just a bit of a masochist b/c I love it when an H/H product works yet I am perfectly willing to mod!

b
they more than fix it.....they dump money in it and come on here yapping about how much fun it is to fly...few of them do ...like you say.
I believe HH relies on this type of blind devotion though with alot of their products....they hype it up so much that noone wants to feel like a fool for overspending..so they come on battling the few postive things about the product and arguing.........they have plety of "free time" though....cant fly broken toys
Old Jul 30, 2012, 07:28 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob View Post
Then BUY one, do your "perfectly willing mods" and get back to the rest of us who actually own one, LOVE flying it, and are trying to help people.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 07:32 PM
road wart
Joined Aug 2003
2,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
I'm tosted between this little heli and the Nine Eagles 180x?
180 is alot cheaper ..just its 1s, so maybe less power....but it doesnt explode, if thats a problem
Old Jul 30, 2012, 07:38 PM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racie34 View Post
they more than fix it.....they dump money in it and come on here yapping about how much fun it is to fly...few of them do ...like you say.
I believe HH relies on this type of blind devotion though with alot of their products....they hype it up so much that noone wants to feel like a fool for overspending..so they come on battling the few postive things about the product and arguing.........they have plety of "free time" though....cant fly broken toys

Yah, that's why I have a love/hate with them. Friend had been after me for over a year to spring for the MCP X and because I'm "grounded" and an actual man who can admit his mistakes, I had to concede that out of my 450's and 500 I absolutely LOVE that dang MCP X.

It is soooooo phreakin' fun to fly!

Conversely I was soooooooo disappointed in the Blade SR that I was short of Ted Kazinsky in my correspondence with H/H. They knew/know that that product is AWFUL! I spent hundreds and hunreds on that piece of misery!

Be that as it may, the 130x has great potential and I will treat myself to one in the coming months (the AFTER MARKET vendors are the true genius's here) when modifying it to an equitable level with put it in the air, more than on the bench!

All the best!

b

PS Did you enjoy the "Phantom of the Opera" reference?? I slay me!
rikybob is online now Find More Posts by rikybob
Old Jul 30, 2012, 07:41 PM
road wart
Joined Aug 2003
2,911 Posts
yes i did......lol
Old Jul 30, 2012, 07:54 PM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
Who cares if HH comes up with a so-called "fix"? And, that's IF they do... You'll still have to pay for those parts anyway. Did they send out mCP X V2 parts (new board, grommets, tail blade, caged tail motor) to existing V1 owners for free? Nope...

Look elsewhere now. Better parts/bearings are already available without the wait.
Why do do feel you have to correct my behavior? You're not a friend, relative, parent, child, dependent, acquaintance or otherwise have any credability with me. And your tone is abusive, abrasive and several other words I don't choose to express at this time. If you were a friendly person and didn't exhibit so many of these flaws you might gain some respect and earn some credability that would make your thoughts worthy of consideration.

I'll do what I want thank you. Your opinion, believe it or not isn't needed or appreciated. I answered the mans question from my perspective and I have no need to answer to you about why, when or what I may or may not do now, or in the future.

However, just this last time I'll explain myself to you since you apparently have a need for it. I did check in to the MH part but it's already showing out of stock. It's rather expensive but not unreasonable if it works. I understand it costs money to make a metal part like that and consequently the manufacturer needs to profit above that cost. If my HH supplied stock parts fail again I'll keep asking for replacements until HH tells me "no more". Then I might look to spend money on third party stuff. Or HH may have responded to their customers needs just as they have in the past for me and they will correct the design/manufacturing flaw that is occuring. Do I know they won't provide the corrected parts for free. No, not any more than you do. They might not, but I'm thinking the tail pitch slider they will since that failure sometimes results in the tail blades flying off. Again, if they fix the problem but charge for the parts I'll address that problem when it occurs.

Don't bother sending me any more PM's Sertav, Kokopellie, Mhunter or whatever other name you've been banned with in the past or come up with next. I already wasted 30 seconds of my life reading the other two. Please add me to your ignore list.

On a positive note, occasionally you do provide some useful information. If you could present it in a different manner we could all continue to benefit from it. Its a real catch 22 to me. In some ways your next banishment would be a loss.
NwRcFlight is offline Find More Posts by NwRcFlight
Last edited by NwRcFlight; Jul 30, 2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 07:57 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Then quit sending me PMs as well, NwRcdude... You have been quite uncouth in those and you've also really had nothing to offer in this thread anyway.

And away one more...to the list of ignore...
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:03 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwRcFlight View Post

In some ways your next banishment would be a loss.
I agree. He is quite a good information source. But "Kokopellie"... oooo... I wonder. That would make sense! The dude's 'tude is crude. Not quite "crude" but it's the best rhyme I could come up with.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:03 PM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
Then quit sending me PMs as well, NwRcdude... You have been quite uncouth in those and you've also really had nothing to offer in this thread anyway.

And away one more...to the list of ignore...
I've never sent you a pm. Of all the fuel for denial I gave you there and a fake PM response is all you've got?
NwRcFlight is offline Find More Posts by NwRcFlight
Last edited by NwRcFlight; Jul 30, 2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:08 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
I agree. He is quite a good information source. But "Kokopellie"... oooo... I wonder. That would make sense! The dude's 'tude is crude. Not quite "crude" but it's the best rhyme I could come up with.
If that's your (and a few others') 'tude, then fine... I'll enjoy flying mine and you can fix your out of the box crap yourselves. If you even can...

Not like there's much else to be said about improving this STOCK heli anyway...that I already haven't said anyway... New stuff I may discover as a "good info source", as you put it erkq? Ya on ya own, "bro"... Sorry for any newbies who may miss out and can actually glean relevant info...