SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 27, 2012, 02:12 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
7,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTank View Post
I think I might wait on this heli. It looks like a good next step after the 120sr.
The LHS is going to hold a Carbon Cub for me when they come back in but, that date keeps getting pushed back. Plus it has all the servo problems.
You're a brave man. I opted out of paying for mine when my pre-order came in to my LHS... won't touch that thing with a ten foot pole with its current QC issues... it really needs to be recalled. I hope the 130x won't be plagued with QC related issues in its first shipped batch... I've pre-ordered one but am starting to have second thoughts about the whole idea of being a guinea pig on the first batch of anything HH is putting out these days.
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DX9 HobbyZone Champ RUD>AIL Mix
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2012, 02:29 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
I've pre-ordered one but am starting to have second thoughts about the whole idea of being a guinea pig on the first batch of anything HH is putting out these days.
It would be a good move to wait. Smart money's on waiting for the *real* reviews to come in from actual customers and not from anyone or anything even remotely affiliated with HH/Blade, whose reviews are generally "hype". I'd give it at least 6-8 weeks, after release, to see really "what's up" with the thing and what the commonly broken/needed parts are...and their availability...

It sucks to get a newly released model and break it on the first day...and be down for weeks because you can't get a stupid part(s)... Did that once...won't do it again...
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 27, 2012, 02:47 PM
Is it Friday yet?
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jun 2008
693 Posts
I meant that I would not get the Carbon Cub with all the problems and wait on the 130x. The 120sr is alot of fun. The 130x looks like it will nice challenge.
DropTank is offline Find More Posts by DropTank
Old May 27, 2012, 02:58 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
I was responding to (and quoted) North_of_49.
Old May 27, 2012, 08:57 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
7,561 Posts
LOL

No, I know what DropTank is saying... it's in regards to my post #316

... I must have misunderstood his intentions when I read "The LHS is going to hold a Carbon Cub for me when they come back in" thinking he meant he's buying it... in post #318 he says he's not

wait, now I'm confused
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DX9 HobbyZone Champ RUD>AIL Mix
Old May 27, 2012, 09:06 PM
Blade BL, 450 DFC, TSA 600EPro
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Jun 2009
500 Posts
Had to share this video on this thread... it shows at least a seemingly unedited video of the 130X. Watch what this pilot does to the tree's leaves and he even crashes and gets her flying right after the crash. Please tell me I'm not dreaming!

James Haley flying Blade 130x around trees , 3d (2 min 44 sec)
helinewbie617 is offline Find More Posts by helinewbie617
Old May 27, 2012, 09:26 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTank View Post
I think I might wait on this heli. It looks like a good next step after the 120sr.
The LHS is going to hold a Carbon Cub for me when they come back in but, that date keeps getting pushed back. Plus it has all the servo problems.
Based on my experience, the mcpx would be a better choice for your next heli as it will resist crash damage better. Unless you can fly all orientations and forward flight.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old May 27, 2012, 09:34 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
I preordered with my LHS. I'm not concerned with the 130X having quality issues. I bought the 450X when it first came out and it has been perfect and it has received stellar reviews. I have had good experiences with HH and have no doubt they will correct any problems that might arise.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old May 27, 2012, 09:41 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helinewbie617 View Post
Had to share this video on this thread... it shows at least a seemingly unedited video of the 130X. Watch what this pilot does to the tree's leaves and he even crashes and gets her flying right after the crash. Please tell me I'm not dreaming!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsvvJ...ture=g-all-lik
My v911 can do the same thing , shred leaves and sticke ,then stabilze and fly again without hitting the ground.
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old May 27, 2012, 10:10 PM
Joined Jun 2009
500 Posts
Funny... I've never heard of a "v911". If it has an in runner brushless motor, TT tail and is around the same size... bravo to it. I am interested in this model with the customer service background of HH, despite they aren't perfect.
Old May 28, 2012, 10:53 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
My v911 can do the same thing , shred leaves and sticke ,then stabilze and fly again without hitting the ground.
Pretty much ALL R/C helis can do that, especially more powerful outdoor helis. Heck, I've shredded leaves, sticks, stems, etc on my wife's indoor house plants and not crashed with my old mSR, mSR X and mCP X. And, not necessarily on purpose, either...

It's just to what extent before you entangle/mess up the blade geometry enough that it can't recover.
Old May 28, 2012, 12:31 PM
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
283 Posts
Thanks for the vid posting helinewbie. Just what i wanted to see!
airtimeallen is offline Find More Posts by airtimeallen
Old May 28, 2012, 08:41 PM
Joined Jun 2009
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airtimeallen View Post
Thanks for the vid posting helinewbie. Just what i wanted to see!
Ah... the power of YouTube. You're more than welcome, Allan.
Old May 28, 2012, 09:07 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
Pretty much ALL R/C helis can do that, especially more powerful outdoor helis. Heck, I've shredded leaves, sticks, stems, etc on my wife's indoor house plants and not crashed with my old mSR, mSR X and mCP X. And, not necessarily on purpose, either...

It's just to what extent before you entangle/mess up the blade geometry enough that it can't recover.
I think he was trying to be funny. This is not the place for that though
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old May 29, 2012, 08:10 AM
Yes, I know it's upside down.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
3,315 Posts
Well, it might not survive every crash, but that is enough evidence for me that it has a least some durability. Do that with any larger heli and you'd be after new blades, main shaft and main gear as a bare miniumum. I'll take 2 please!
Harrow is offline Find More Posts by Harrow