SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 30, 2012, 02:22 PM
Registered User
seefest's Avatar
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
One thing you can try...and I might take some flak for this, but I don't care...

Buy a new AS3X board and return the old one in the new packaging as if the new one "didn't work". Ask for a refund. I they won't do that, they should send you a replacement so you'll have a good spare of a very important part. Even without a refund, it *forces* HH to eat that bad part and make it somewhat right on your end.
I got a couple of buddies that pull that crap occassionally. Doesn't make it right and it speaks wonders about your morals and ethics. Sorry, but its true.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2012, 02:24 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seefest View Post
I got a couple of buddies that pull that crap occassionally. Doesn't make it right and it speaks wonders about your morals and ethics. Sorry, but its true.
If your so-called "buddies" broke stuff and did that, then yes. If something is truly bad and a company won't make it right? Then NO. You want to keep your factory substandard "crap" they won't replace/refund/or otherwise make right? Then go right ahead and eat it in your wallet. I don't really care.
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 30, 2012, 02:24 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
And, as for the MH 130 X pitch slider. ALL STOP...

Just saw an HF thread and they DO offer one now. Twice the price of the Walkera one, though...

http://www.microheli.com/store/advan..._description=1

And...done... Ordered. Looks like a much nicer part, too.
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Last edited by sertav; Jul 30, 2012 at 02:35 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 30, 2012, 02:24 PM
Registered User
sideburn's Avatar
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
They have one for the Walkera 4G6 and it's supposedly *almost* a drop-in part from the reports I've read. You just have to pull the pitch links from a stock slider and sand down the roots a tad so they'll fit in the slightly smaller grooves on the MH Walkera part. The cross pins and everything else fit as stock. I'll see if those reports are true when I try mine. It was only $10.99 and a full buck cheaper than the stock HH plastic part, so what's to lose? Especially if you're shredding the stock part...

As for your C gear dying so soon... That's an interesting one as I'm sure you've checked all your meshes. One thing I did do "out of the box" was replace all the drive train/frame bearings with Bocas. All six of them. Mainshaft, TT and flange bearings. I'm sure that's contributed to the longevity of my parts on this 130 X.

Probably not "real" 3D. More like "hard sport". I do flips, piros (no piro-flips yet), inverted hovering/flight, forwards/backwards, stall turns, loops, rolls...most of the "normal stuff". No "smack" 3D here. Beyond my capabilities at this time, but I don't exactly go easy on it.
Ok yeah thats basically how I flew last several packs and bam lost the pin..
I was probably going easier on it than you even.

none of my gears are stripping.. just the one on the tail end the D shape is rounding out on the shaft so its slipping.
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2012, 02:32 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
Ok yeah thats basically how I flew last several packs and bam lost the pin..
I was probably going easier on it than you even.

none of my gears are stripping.. just the one on the tail end the D shape is rounding out on the shaft so its slipping.
Well, you must still have a gear/mesh issue if you're rounding it out and NOT crashing. I have never rounded out the D hole in my C gear and I've also not even CA'd it on to the TT like a lot of others are. I'd double check to make sure you're not pushing the TT/boom in too far and jamming up the B gear against the A gear.

Also, note my post above concerning the MH pitch slider. They do, indeed, offer a 130 X specific one, now. That was fast!
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 30, 2012, 03:09 PM
Registered User
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
Yes. It's just a "push through" 1.5mm carbon rod and the canopy pin parts just pull off. Try it from both sides. Mine pulls through the frame easier from one side than the other. I use needle nose pliers to get a good grip. I appreciate how they made these easily replaceable without needing a whole new frame or modding/gluing on a new canopy pin, as with the mCP X.
Great! The replacement parts from Blade go for $7.99. Will get a rod of cf. Thanks. I don't get HH. The canopy mount parts for the 300X are $2.99.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2012, 03:20 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
Great! The replacement parts from Blade go for $7.99. Will get a rod of cf. Thanks. I don't get HH. The canopy mount parts for the 300X are $2.99.
I know...ridiculous, isn't it? Get a $7.99 (or cheaper) 2ft length of CF rod, your trusty Dremel/cut-off wheel and make 25 or so of those canopy cross pins.
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 30, 2012, 03:27 PM
Registered User
seefest's Avatar
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
If your so-called "buddies" broke stuff and did that, then yes. If something is truly bad and a company won't make it right? Then NO. You want to keep your factory substandard "crap" they won't replace/refund/or otherwise make right? Then go right ahead and eat it in your wallet. I don't really care.
HH is one of, if not the best, in customer service in the business. If they're not replacing it there's usually "more to the story"

And yes, occassionally I will eat something for the sake of doing the right thing. Just how I was brought up.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2012, 03:36 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seefest View Post
HH is one of, if not the best, in customer service in the business. If they're not replacing it there's usually "more to the story"

And yes, occassionally I will eat something for the sake of doing the right thing. Just how I was brought up.


If the right thing were being done on both ends, no one would have to "eat it"...

I've never had HH refuse to replace a bad part for me and I truly appreciate that. Therefore, I've never had to employ that tactic with them, so I agree with your "more to the story" comment. However, IF they ever did...you know the drill...
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 30, 2012, 03:39 PM
Registered User
sideburn's Avatar
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
Well, you must still have a gear/mesh issue if you're rounding it out and NOT crashing. I have never rounded out the D hole in my C gear and I've also not even CA'd it on to the TT like a lot of others are. I'd double check to make sure you're not pushing the TT/boom in too far and jamming up the B gear against the A gear.

Also, note my post above concerning the MH pitch slider. They do, indeed, offer a 130 X specific one, now. That was fast!
Awesome.. buying one now.
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2012, 03:42 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
Awesome.. buying one now.
I hope they take back my Walkera one that's due to arrive tomorrow. If not, I'll keep it as (yet another) spare part.
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 30, 2012, 03:46 PM
Registered User
sideburn's Avatar
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
And, as for the MH 130 X pitch slider. ALL STOP...

And...done... Ordered. Looks like a much nicer part, too.
I didnt have time to look at it, I was too busy ordering one
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2012, 03:54 PM
Registered User
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
I didnt have time to look at it, I was too busy ordering one
Looks like they have the flange bearings too, almost looks like 2 of them for $8 but it's hard to tell? This would be a much more cost effective solution than the bocas though I already had the LHS order me the bocas so I'm going to just run those. Hopefully we'll see more MH parts soon, glad they jumped on things this quick, I'll be picking up the tail slider asap as well.
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2012, 04:03 PM
Registered User
sideburn's Avatar
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2tw4all View Post
Looks like they have the flange bearings too, almost looks like 2 of them for $8 but it's hard to tell? This would be a much more cost effective solution than the bocas though I already had the LHS order me the bocas so I'm going to just run those. Hopefully we'll see more MH parts soon, glad they jumped on things this quick, I'll be picking up the tail slider asap as well.
Yeah I ordered those last week.
Now I wish I would have held onto my pile of broken sliders because it looks like you still need to use the stock arms that connect to the blade grips.
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2012, 04:28 PM
AMA # 949551
rikybob's Avatar
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,137 Posts
.................
rikybob is offline Find More Posts by rikybob
Last edited by rikybob; Jul 30, 2012 at 04:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale New in the box E-Flite Taylorcraft ARF Kit plus High Performance E-Flite components Philscho Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Aug 19, 2012 12:25 AM
For Sale E-Flite 300 32e SHP ****SOLD*** E-Flite still aviable tomtheman Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Mar 28, 2012 08:01 PM
Sold E-flite 60A ESC w/ E-flite Brushless 1010kV Motor joshfneptune Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 3 Mar 05, 2012 08:18 PM
Discussion E-Flite Taylorcraft 450 ARF Kit and High Power E-Flite electrical components $300 Philscho Hot Online Deals 1 Mar 02, 2012 08:11 PM
Discussion E-Flite Su-26 and E-flite Extra 260 repair Joe Slow Crash Discussion 1 Sep 27, 2011 11:50 AM