SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:34 PM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Need to get my batteries on the charger.
liduno is offline Find More Posts by liduno
Last edited by liduno; Jul 29, 2012 at 01:45 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:36 PM
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Why do those words conjure up wind? lol
Last edited by liduno; Jul 29, 2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:46 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno View Post
Need to get my batteries on the charger.
Me, too! I've already burned through my 6 Hyperions this morning. Time for another round on the 130 X.
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:08 PM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
You didn't have to destroy it. You could have just split the frames like I did when I stripped my A gear screw because I'd used a touch of CA on it. Only takes a few minutes and you can inspect the rest of the forward tail drive..
I would have but the soft metal screws wore out on two of the ones in the frame so If I ever need to take my frame apart I have to drill those screws out as well.

Quote:
I wonder why that is. I've never "burned through" a single tail gear unless it was obviously my fault. Are they simply wearing out in flight without crashing?.
Yes I wonder the same.. the D slot on them keeps wearing out. I got through a few packs this time before something went wrong though.

Maybe something to do with the way I fly. If I baby the thing I'm sure my parts would last a bit longer. But what fun is that?
Im afraid to even do tic tocs now because its probably going to bust the tail slider pin.
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:14 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
I would have but the soft metal screws wore out on two of the ones in the frame so If I ever need to take my frame apart I have to drill those screws out as well.
Dang, how much torque are you using? Are you using the cheapo screwdriver that comes with the HH micro helis? If so, ditch it and get a good hardened tip set of screwdrivers. Also, only SNUG those screws up a little. They don't need really any tightening beyond being snug or you'll strip that butter soft Blade plastic. Sometimes, I'll use a *tiny* bit of CA to snug up a stripped hole but, as you saw, that didn't work so well for my plastic A gear. The screw was tight, but it was rotating a little on the main shaft. I should have left it alone because it was flying fine, but the teeth were getting worn and I'd have had to change it anyway. Plus, that metal A gear was burning a hole through my desk... Now, I'm very glad I installed it. Zero problems after 12 flights and everything is still tight.

Quote:
Maybe something to do with the way you fly. If I baby the thing I'm sure my parts would last a bit longer. But what fun is that?
I don't baby mine at all. I'm staying high now, but still doing every trick I can do. I'm staying high because my front "lawn" is desert landscape (i.e. ROCK) and everything else out front with the neighbors' yards is the same and the street is pretty hard, too.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:19 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
For anyone who may be interested I added a Glacier 25C 450 to my 130X LiPolys test here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post22297491

Not on that graph however I did a follow up discharge test at 4.5A and there was only a 0.050 volts under load difference and the delivered capacity was only 1 mAh less ,(440 mAh) .

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:39 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,066 Posts
Quote:
Same as my Honda. Funny, I still had to recently put a timing belt/water pump in it myself.
I hope you got more than 4 "drives" out of it before you had to do that!
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:42 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
I hope you got more than 4 "drives" out of it before you had to do that!
The point was they all need maintenance. I didn't start the ridiculous comparison between Japanese cars and Chinese micro helis.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 04:38 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob View Post

PS For 25US for the Boca Bearings. Did they come with a Thai Hooker for that price?? SHEEEZZZZ!!!!
American-made from top-quality American steel on precision equipment, by a highly-reputable company that puts quality first and takes care of its employees. I'll gladly pay extra for that!

If none of that matters to you - buy the Walkeras.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
Old Jul 29, 2012, 04:42 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
American-made from top-quality American steel on precision equipment, by a highly-reputable company that puts quality first and takes care of its employees. I'll gladly pay extra for that!

Joel
So far it seems walkeras quality has been the same as Blade (some areas better) just a year or so earlier on release... Luckily they still have stellar support by HH though and is why I still might pick one up this week even with all the issues i have read
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Jul 29, 2012, 04:49 PM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post

Joel
while your beating your chest,and before you run outta hard earned us dollars.....run down and get a radio too and anything else you may need to get in the air......let us know what you are able to buy from american companies so we'll know.
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old Jul 29, 2012, 05:37 PM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,926 Posts
Quote:
Dang, how much torque are you using? Are you using the cheapo screwdriver that comes with the HH micro helis? If so, ditch it and get a good hardened tip set of screwdrivers. Also, only SNUG those screws up a little. They don't need really any tightening beyond being snug or you'll strip that butter soft Blade plastic. Sometimes, I'll use a *tiny* bit of CA to snug up a stripped hole but, as you saw, that didn't work so well for my plastic A gear. The screw was tight, but it was rotating a little on the main shaft. I should have left it alone because it was flying fine, but the teeth were getting worn and I'd have had to change it anyway. Plus, that metal A gear was burning a hole through my desk... Now, I'm very glad I installed it. Zero problems after 12 flights and everything is still tight.

I don't baby mine at all. I'm staying high now, but still doing every trick I can do. I'm staying high because my front "lawn" is desert landscape (i.e. ROCK) and everything else out front with the neighbors' yards is the same and the street is pretty hard, too.
I have good screw drivers.. I made the same mistake you did with some CA and then i couldnt get the screw out and it shaved up the head of the screws. So until i need a new frame for some reason, this frame is not going to come apart for a while. I'll have to drill out those screws.

I had to buy another frame from another lesson learned. Dont use lock tight on this plastic. It melted it to the point of it crumbling apart..

I am doing flips and rolls and stuff but after going through 5 pitch sliders I am no longer slamming my collecting up and down or doing hard 3d with it. I'm just doing really soft collective like I had to do with the stock mcpx. Not quit that soft but I quit pushing it hard it costs too much money in parts.

Just spent another 50 bucks on parts at the hobby store. We will see how long this tail gear lasts. I have only had one of the tail gears that go on the side strip out on me but I am going through lots of the ones that connect to the torque tube. Every one of them I've had never seats solid onto the TT and there is some play in it. I even bought a replacement TT thinking maybe mine was defective but its the same. This is the only gear I have a problem with now.
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Last edited by sideburn; Jul 29, 2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 05:51 PM
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
I have good screw drivers.. I made the same mistake you did with some CA and then i couldnt get the screw out and it shaved up the head of the screws. So until i need a new frame for some reason, this frame is not going to come apart for a while. I'll have to drill out those screws.

I had to buy another frame from another lesson learned. Dont use lock tight on this plastic. It melted it to the point of it crumbling apart..

I am doing flips and rolls and stuff but after going through 5 pitch sliders I am no longer slamming my collecting up and down or doing hard 3d with it. I'm just doing really soft collective like I had to do with the stock mcpx. Not quit that soft but I quit pushing it hard it costs too much money in parts.

Just spent another 50 bucks on parts at the hobby store. We will see how long this tail gear lasts. I have only had one of the tail gears that go on the side strip out on me but I am going through lots of the ones that connect to the torque tube. Every one of them I've had never seats solid onto the TT and there is some play in it. I even bought a replacement TT thinking maybe mine was defective but its the same. This is the only gear I have a problem with now.
Thread some dental floss through the C gear before you put it on the TT..

As for stripping frame holes out, the 120 sr main shaft screws are longer than the frame and main shaft screws on the 130.

They hold alot better and they will in most cases reach past the stripped part of the hole made from the shorter screw.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 06:32 PM
Let's get low, let's get fast.
USA, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Dec 2009
311 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me how contentious a new release from HH is.....

So, I had the tail wagging problem that a lot of people seem to be suffering from. I noticed while bench testing it that the pushrod vibrates like a guitar string when this happens, so I cut down a CF tube and glued it on to form a sleeve. It helped, but didn't remedy it 100%, so I turned down the rudder gain on the gyro by three steps. After that, no more tail wag! (Also replaced those bearing with ones from my Walkera.)

I put four packs through, and those two simple fixes seem to have done the trick. Problem seems to be solved, so time to start modding, right?

I hate the stock landing gear, so I drilled a few holes in a spare Trex 250 skids, and put them on. It doesn't sit any higher than stock, and I think they look and perform better. Plus, the 250 skids really catch my eye in the air.

I was a little mad at this heli at first, but now I love it. Too bad it seems to be a "Fix and Fly" rather than "Bind and Fly" but that's just part of the hobby, I guess.
kilgore_trout is offline Find More Posts by kilgore_trout
Last edited by kilgore_trout; Jul 29, 2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 06:55 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
How heavy are those Trex 250 skids? The 130 X could already use a bit more power as it is and those have to be heavier than stock.