HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2012, 12:35 PM
Fly It Like You Stole It.....
United States, NY, Fulton
Joined Jan 2009
351 Posts
If anyone is interested I found out today that this parallel cable setup can be used to parallel charge more than one 130x battery at a time. I'm not affiliated with Progressive but I know they sell quality stuff and are extremely helpful with customer support. Hope this helps you future 130x owners out.
moparherb is online now Find More Posts by moparherb
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2012, 01:01 PM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
I bought these batteries. I created a male jst-ph to female jst adapter so I don't have to change anything on the heli or battery packs if I don't want to. I also bought a few extra jst-ph male connector pig-tails from here to solder on those packs and remove the jst leads completely if I want to go that route. I did this for my Beast 3D as well. I use a few products from ProgressiveRC as well including this parallell charger cable that you would use for the 130X.

I just hope the packs fit the 130x. If not, it wasn't a big expense as you can see.
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old May 24, 2012, 03:50 AM
Joined Sep 2007
94 Posts
New servos?

Does anyone know anything about the servos on this heli? They look beefier than the mcpx's servos.

Are these servos used on any other model?
norbert_jones is offline Find More Posts by norbert_jones
Old May 24, 2012, 08:38 AM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbert_jones View Post
Does anyone know anything about the servos on this heli? They look beefier than the mcpx's servos.

Are these servos used on any other model?
I hope they're not the same ones from the Carbon Cub SS because those things have widespread problems.
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old May 24, 2012, 10:24 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
I hope they're not the same ones from the Carbon Cub SS because those things have widespread problems.
I read that they were an "all new design". Time will tell, though...
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 24, 2012, 04:08 PM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
I couldn't wait any longer, my mcpx is about to go brushless.
liduno is offline Find More Posts by liduno
Old May 24, 2012, 04:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno View Post
I couldn't wait any longer, my mcpx is about to go brushless.
While my brushless conversion mCP X is cool and fun, I'd have seriously waited had I known about the Blade 130X. Well over $100 I could have saved between the conversion parts, new frame, extra/larger capacity batteries, etc... My mCP X, stock, flew well enough.
Old May 24, 2012, 05:29 PM
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
I'm sick of un commanded tail yaw and I'm not patient enough to wait for the 130.

I will probably still get one but I will wait for all the tips and tricks to be posted.
Old May 24, 2012, 06:06 PM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
2,969 Posts
Not sure if anyone has seen this, but I noticed this on the HH facebook page today, but is also on their website: http://www.horizonhobby.com/article/...mour+Overlay+3

Quote:
To our customers,

I’m sure many of you have experienced much frustration recently due to the continued unavailability of key Horizon products and parts, and I sincerely apologize for that. Unfortunately, we made two significant mistakes. First, we misjudged the capacity of our factories to produce the products that we needed. Second, we compounded that by underestimating the demand for those products by people like you. We've been playing catch-up since this problem was first identified in early 2012.

We have not provided the service that you deserve. Throughout April and May, shipments have been arriving almost daily. While we are seeing our ability to ship orders improve, we will not be back to where we should be until early July for the availability of Horizon-branded products. No one at Horizon is happy about this situation, and we are working feverishly to solve both the short term and the long term problems.

We are committed to restoring our service level to you. Please don’t judge us by my words alone, but by our actions to improve our service levels. We appreciate your business and hope that you will let us prove to you that we can turn this situation around.

Sincerly,

Joe Ambrose
President & CEO
Diesel6401 is online now Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Old May 24, 2012, 06:11 PM
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Horizon hobbies is the reason I stay with blade products, great customer service.
Old May 24, 2012, 06:37 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,454 Posts
Quote:
Horizon hobbies is the reason I stay with blade products, great customer service.
Ditto!
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old May 24, 2012, 06:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Yes, they have great service, but they need to STOP with releasing so many products in such short periods of time. In the first five months of this year, we've either seen released or announced: mSR X, mQX, 130 X, 300 X, 450 X, 500 X, 700 X...and that's not even including their planks and that weird Hyper Taxi thing. I have no idea what's going on with the car/boat releases, but I'll bet there's a bunch there, too.

It's nice to see new products all they time but, as evidenced by the CEO's letter, they simply can NOT keep up with everything. They should release one thing at a time, get the parts/spares supply up and IN STOCK and then go from there with releasing something else.
Old May 24, 2012, 08:46 PM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
2,969 Posts
Add umx 21, umx mig 15, pkz spitfire to the list of pushbacks as well.

I'm a HUGE HH fan, but its with every new product they have regardless of branch is a push back issue. This goes with, e-flite, blade, pkz, proboat and spektrum that I for sure have been a part of the backordered nonsense. Its frustrating as a die heart HH fan and disappointing for that to have happened continously with so many products, but I'm soooo happy they addressed the issue! I will continue to buy for years to come!
Diesel6401 is online now Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Old May 24, 2012, 08:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
I’m sure many of you have experienced much frustration recently due to the continued unavailability of key Horizon products and parts, and I sincerely apologize for that.

Unfortunately, we made two significant mistakes. First, we misjudged the capacity of our factories to produce the products that we needed.

Second, we compounded that by underestimating the demand for those products by people like you. We've been playing catch-up since this problem was first identified in early 2012.
These issues have been going on WELL before they "identified" it this year, especially with releasing new products and not having the spares to support it.
Old May 24, 2012, 10:25 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
Yes, they have great service, but they need to STOP with releasing so many products in such short periods of time....
You can't be serious! HH is on a roll....I say keep it coming.

I just wish they wouldn't tease us for so long before releasing a product.
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof