Old May 16, 2012, 11:04 PM
Yes, I know it's upside down.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
3,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
Ya, its worth it if you want something that performs like a 130x while you wait
I just finished going down that path before they announced the 130X. Now wish I'd just kept the mCP-X stock, and saved the money for the 130X.
Harrow is offline Find More Posts by Harrow
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2012, 11:53 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrow View Post
I just finished going down that path before they announced the 130X. Now wish I'd just kept the mCP-X stock, and saved the money for the 130X.
Once I found out 130X to be released (though they keep delay release date) and all feedback about mcpx brushless mod, I decided to keep stock mcpx and save money for 130X.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old May 17, 2012, 06:41 AM
Fly It Like You Stole It.....
United States, NY, Fulton
Joined Jan 2009
358 Posts
I just ordered my 130X from my LHS yesterday and I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival. But the owner of my LHS was told by his rep that it will not be released until all the parts are readily available. This will be quite a change for HH. Most releases happen even if critical parts are not available. Hope this bird flys like I'm imagining it will. I figure release date will be sometime in July 2012.
moparherb is online now Find More Posts by moparherb
Old May 17, 2012, 07:37 AM
Sussex, UK
Crawley, West Sussex, UK
Joined Jun 2004
7,372 Posts
Quote:
My point is that a symmetrical blade does not automatically REQUIRE a higher headspeed to get similar lift to a FP blade. You can run a FP blade and a CP blade at the same RPM and get similar lift, but the blades' angle of attack could be different.
Except that you'll run out of AoA, and the CP blade will stall before you could get it down to the sort of speed most beginner FP helis run. The maximum lift coefficient of a cambered airfoil is higher.
RobinBennett is offline Find More Posts by RobinBennett
Old May 18, 2012, 11:29 AM
DT (Dart Tin) 550E, mCPX BL
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Jun 2009
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airtimeallen View Post
I would have bought a Walkera but i didn't want to buy thier radio. They'd sell more helis if you could buy one without the receiver. Plus i have plenty of stuff to play with right now.
After I found out through my dealer that Walkera doesn't give a hoot as to when their parts arrive, I was totally turned off to that brand. If you don't have the parts on hand to do the job, what point is it to sell a model... especially when it's a helicopter.?

LOL... I was so close to pulling the trigger for the V120DO2S for a month or two and when it came time that I could afford it, the heli itself was sold out and then the radio I wanted with mine (the Devo 8S) was out of stock. I am so glad that we have a distributor/manufacturer out there who cares about each and every one of their models and not just interested in making a quick buck. They have to "dot their I's and cross their T's" (for me) to really love their products.
helinewbie617 is offline Find More Posts by helinewbie617
Old May 18, 2012, 04:43 PM
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helinewbie617 View Post
After I found out through my dealer that Walkera doesn't give a hoot as to when their parts arrive, I was totally turned off to that brand. If you don't have the parts on hand to do the job, what point is it to sell a model... especially when it's a helicopter.?

i totally agree there!

LOL... I was so close to pulling the trigger for the V120DO2S for a month or two and when it came time that I could afford it, the heli itself was sold out and then the radio I wanted with mine (the Devo 8S) was out of stock. I am so glad that we have a distributor/manufacturer out there who cares about each and every one of their models and not just interested in making a quick buck. They have to "dot their I's and cross their T's" (for me) to really love their products.
yeah, i'm glad i didn't pull the trigger on that one too.

So just an update on my ampdraw preorder. When i preordered i also ordered a couple of thunder power 325 45c's to go along with it. Well i figured those would have shipped right away since they were in stock, but they didn't. Thats fine as i don't need them right now anyways.
So today i got an email notice that my order was ready to ship and they sent me a tracking number. Well i went to the website to look at my order status and it looks like the whole order is gonna ship, heli and all!! wth! It has to just be the batteries, right? I don't know, but i'll keep yall up to date
airtimeallen is offline Find More Posts by airtimeallen
Old May 18, 2012, 05:00 PM
DT (Dart Tin) 550E, mCPX BL
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Jun 2009
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airtimeallen View Post
yeah, i'm glad i didn't pull the trigger on that one too.

So just an update on my ampdraw preorder. When i preordered i also ordered a couple of thunder power 325 45c's to go along with it. Well i figured those would have shipped right away since they were in stock, but they didn't. Thats fine as i don't need them right now anyways.
So today i got an email notice that my order was ready to ship and they sent me a tracking number. Well i went to the website to look at my order status and it looks like the whole order is gonna ship, heli and all!! wth! It has to just be the batteries, right? I don't know, but i'll keep yall up to date
That is weird... can't possibly be right. I confirmed with a dealer that sells upgrades to Blade, E-Flite and E-Sky helis that the reason this model hasn't been released yet is because of their parts molds... he said that is takes a long time to perfect the molding process. Once they get near (if not) perfect consistency in all part measurements, they will release the model. I hope you don't have to pay extra shipping if they are going to send your order in different packages.
helinewbie617 is offline Find More Posts by helinewbie617
Old May 18, 2012, 06:53 PM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
They don't charge extra for partial shipments. Their phone number is hard to find but when you call, they're very friendly. Give them a call. I have one on pre-order from them too and got no email.
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old May 18, 2012, 08:57 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,274 Posts
I don't know how the 130x could ship already considering it says mid june even on their site. I ordered from ampdraw as well. Are you soldering a connector on the thunder power?

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old May 18, 2012, 10:10 PM
Joined Nov 2010
283 Posts
I'm sure its just the batteries, i just doesn't specify.
Shipping is a flat $8 total either way
For connectors i'll probably solder on a new connector on the heli to match the batteries.
Old May 19, 2012, 10:11 PM
If it ain't broke, fix it.
USA, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2004
1,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparherb View Post
I just ordered my 130X from my LHS yesterday and I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival. But the owner of my LHS was told by his rep that it will not be released until all the parts are readily available. This will be quite a change for HH. Most releases happen even if critical parts are not available.
Not sure where you got that idea. They did pretty much the exact same thing when they released the MCPX over a year ago.
Hasher66 is offline Find More Posts by Hasher66
Old May 20, 2012, 08:21 AM
Joined Nov 2010
283 Posts
Its just the batteries as expected. Took em long enough.
Old May 23, 2012, 07:58 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasher66 View Post
Not sure where you got that idea. They did pretty much the exact same thing when they released the MCPX over a year ago.
Not really. mCP X swashplates, with the rear elevator ball that loved to break off, weren't available ANYWHERE for quite some time. In fact, they were so scarce that I bought three of them when HH finally had them in stock BEFORE I even purchased an mCP X. I knew I was going to get one, but I was still watching the actual customer reviews, at the time.
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Last edited by sertav; May 23, 2012 at 10:41 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 23, 2012, 08:48 AM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
Not really. mCP S swashplates, with the rear elevator ball that loved to break off, weren't available ANYWHERE for quite some time. In fact, they were so scarce that I bought three of them when HH finally had them in stock BEFORE I even purchased an mCP X. I knew I was going to get one, but I was still watching the actual customer reviews, at the time.
I remember that! I had to keep using CA on that little ball. Good memory!
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old May 23, 2012, 10:41 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
I remember that! I had to keep using CA on that little ball. Good memory!
mCP X servos were hard to find at the beginning, too.
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)