HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 16, 2012, 09:53 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Back to the 130x. I've managed to crack the tail boom to the point where CA is not going to work any more. She went tail in. I heard the shatter of the cf and saw her bounced straight up. Flew another 2 packs with the shattered boom and she still flew great. I hate fix and repair.

Btw, I tried three pairs of the color blades. They suck for 3d flying. Why? All three pairs were not straight and caused the main rotor to oscillate (they were balanced).
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Last edited by chopper62; Jul 16, 2012 at 10:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:09 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
RCFoam has some quality 3 foot carbon tubes that I am bet will be stronger than stock.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:52 PM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
It wasn't...I was just saying I had enough issues with my first two mcpx's (purchased before the issues were known) I dont feel like buying a 130 that is known to have issues.... and again I already have many sub micros I can wait a bit on the 130. I really do look forward to eventually purchasing a 130 X though.

I have read only positive reviews of the 300 and I view as I cant go wrong...I mean 70 more than a the rx for a bnf heli
Again, making me want a 300 more and more..lol
liduno is offline Find More Posts by liduno
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:55 PM
USA, OH, Reynoldsburg
Joined Oct 2008
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Cullen,

Great flying! Thanks for sharing! During the 'mini-autos', how high was the bird when you hit TH? I've managed a few (rough) autos from ~6 feet AGL, but have not tried from higher altitudes.

Joel
About chest height. Any more in no wind situations and the heli usually tumbles when it hits. I have a video I'm uploading of a good one, I'll post it later...
Cullen Colapietro is online now Find More Posts by Cullen Colapietro
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:17 PM
Joined Feb 2011
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper62 View Post

Btw, I tried three pairs of the color blades. They suck for 3d flying. Why? All three pairs were not straight and caused the main rotor to oscillate (they were balanced).
Interesting...I'm flying with yellow blades and for advanced beginner flying they are fine.

I finally stripped out that little tail gear that's on the tail shaft....where is it written down which gears are which? (A, B, C, and D). It only took me about 15 minutes to replace and I was in the air again.

I don't know why this heli is getting bad reviews, I like mine more than the mCPX. I have yet to have the servo links come off which my mCPx does on almost every flight.
jscott1 is offline Find More Posts by jscott1
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:24 PM
Joined Feb 2011
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post
Anybody else having unexplained radio glitches? Since I got the 130x I have occasionally had the heli quit responding for a fraction of a second. Usually I am up high and control returned almost immediately. This morning I was inverted and low to the ground. It broke a blade grip. I did have trouble binding the rx. I have a DX8 with the latest update.
Actually this happened to me. Fortunately for me I was low to the ground, but the blue light went off for a fraction of a second and came back on. I've never seen that before on any heli, but it flew okay after that.
jscott1 is offline Find More Posts by jscott1
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:24 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott1 View Post
... where is it written down which gears are which? (A, B, C, and D). ...
Once you "get" it it doesn't need to be written. Gears are in order of power transfer. So "A" is first, it's the umbrella gear on the main shaft. "B" gear is pinion gear driven by the umbrella gear and so on.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:28 PM
USA, OH, Reynoldsburg
Joined Oct 2008
360 Posts
Here's a true night flight with auto. Hat cam doing well..

KBDD night blades (3 min 25 sec)
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:54 PM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,214 Posts
Really nice flying there CC. I hope to get that good one day.
Garry K.
garryk is online now Find More Posts by garryk
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:57 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,140 Posts
very impressive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cullen colapietro View Post
here's a true night flight with auto. Hat cam doing well..

http://vimeo.com/45880892
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:59 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullen Colapietro View Post
Here's a true night flight with auto. Hat cam doing well..
Awesome, dude. You're doing well too!
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:28 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,623 Posts
Cullen,

That was some excellent flying! Fluid & precise - even when performing extreme maneuvers. Nice auto at the end! Now I see why mine didn't work out so well. I need to start a couple feet lower & carry a lot more forward speed.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:53 AM
USA, OH, Reynoldsburg
Joined Oct 2008
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Cullen,

That was some excellent flying! Fluid & precise - even when performing extreme maneuvers. Nice auto at the end! Now I see why mine didn't work out so well. I need to start a couple feet lower & carry a lot more forward speed.

Joel
Forward speed is indeed needed, especially here with no wind. I don't think this would auto well with varying winds, but a steady 5-10mph wind would allow a higher altitude auto w/ less forward speed. I have also tried autos w/ tons of forward speed, but landing was a bit rough...

This was a very good flight and a bad landing...

130x Naked @ Sunset #2 (3 min 13 sec)
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:55 AM
USA, OH, Reynoldsburg
Joined Oct 2008
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
Really nice flying there CC. I hope to get that good one day.
Garry K.
Thank you Garry, takes but practice...
Old Jul 17, 2012, 08:23 AM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
For about $25 with delivery, I kinda expected these to have flames painted on them or gold plated or something! These are the new bearings from VXB. I hope they help.

I get my 130X back from Horizon tomorrow. I should get my 300X on Friday!!
lkagan is online now Find More Posts by lkagan