TravisBean is offline Find More Posts by TravisBean
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2012, 11:56 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir View Post
Capitalism is not based on fooling a customer.
As you may have noticed, by observing the world around you, true capitalism, like true communism, is an ideal and never, ever practiced. Our brand of capitalism is based on fooling the customer as much as you can get away with. Many, many examples exist all around us.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Last edited by erkq; May 10, 2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old May 10, 2012, 04:13 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerDon View Post
errrr, my point was that the brand name is E-Flite and not eflight, e-flight, E FLITE etc

hehe
and all these years I have been calling it D-lite which I figured was a play on delight or delightful which is what some of their products are,indeed.

Why a 130 and at $250 or so? Ever did the math on purchasing a CPM X and upgrading it to brushless? If the 130X if truely a step up in performance from the CPM X then it will be a very good value especially if it is 1/2 as durable( crash resistant) as the MCP X.

I set my Blade 400 on the shelf two years ago because each dumb thumb carsh cost me $50 or more and hours to rebuild and retrim. MCP X has been stuffed in the grass 20 times in the past month and at 100 flights I have broken one link.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old May 10, 2012, 04:22 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
and all these years I have been calling it D-lite which I figured was a play on delight or delightful which is what some of their products are,indeed.

Why a 130 and at $250 or so? Ever did the math on purchasing a CPM X and upgrading it to brushless? If the 130X if truely a step up in performance from the CPM X then it will be a very good value especially if it is 1/2 as durable( crash resistant) as the MCP X.

I set my Blade 400 on the shelf two years ago because each dumb thumb carsh cost me $50 or more and hours to rebuild and retrim. MCP X has been stuffed in the grass 20 times in the past month and at 100 flights I have broken one link.

Charles
I don't fly my 400 either. Flying the mCPx over grass is key. And, remember, even with the BL upgrade, the mCPx still doesn't have a shaft driven tr.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old May 10, 2012, 04:45 PM
mCPX BL and T-Rex 450 DFC
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Jun 2009
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir View Post
Actually its post like this that is what I would call something I step in, but what ever, you can call it what you want, but as its often confused, (and by a lot if you happen to notice are so confused they have to go to prison as they refuse to be unconfused) but to give you the part of the proper definition, Capitalism is not based on fooling a customer, its real beauty is that ever one wins based on the better product condition and most of all customer choice and not by the keeping of other products out of the customers hands so that all they have is the choice that is given to them by those doing something like getting almost every LHS to sell virtually nothing but HH stuff by setting up things like this price fixing scheme so that they know no one else can beat their price and can calling it MAP and then naming what ever price they want.

But what ever, like I said, I will not get drawn into a battle over this but just to say, yeah, if Horizon wants to work their company in a complete price fixing scheme then thats fine, just admit it though and stop trying to say that its all MAP and not the price fixing thing it is, and then let the advent of what capitalism is do its job and let the people decide what they want.

But thats never going to happen by them or the ones who make replies like this as that would completely defeat the work of what it is they are doing.

Truthfully, I think very few of the people who are their main customers or fans or even most others could care less what they do, they just want their stuff and don't care about anything else so thats why ain't gonna get into it.
It is the customer's responsibility to make sure that the dealer they buy from isn't price fixing, not that of Horizon Hobbies. I feel that it is totally fair that HH uses the MAP policy since these are their products as our national distributor in the US.

There are plenty places to buy their products from, though not as many as there should be since it is also their policy to only let "brick and mortor" stores that sell "X" amount... that is where I find fault with their policy practices, not from their MAP policy. I appreciate this "debate" despite your stated intention of not "getting into it". I am just trying to iron out a few things in order to make sure that there is no confusion between the two HH policies I have mentioned, as well as to clearly state basic business policy (they are in it for profit like most if not all companies in the industry). I thank everyone who reads this post in its entirety and hope that everyone has a safe and happy flying experienece no matter if they get this model or not... that is still our choice and within reason.
helinewbie617 is offline Find More Posts by helinewbie617
Old May 10, 2012, 07:58 PM
USA, OH, Reynoldsburg
Joined Oct 2008
361 Posts
Any insiders willing to share dimensions and weight of the 2s 300mah battery for this heli?
Cullen Colapietro is offline Find More Posts by Cullen Colapietro
Old May 11, 2012, 09:13 AM
Joined Jun 2009
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonseize View Post
Any insiders willing to share dimensions and weight of the 2s 300mah battery for this heli?
According to the following link from TowerHobbies, an Electrifly 2S 300 mAH LiPo weighs 19.6g. Dimensions are as follows:
Pack Dimensions: 52 x 32 x 8mm (2.1 x 1.3 x .0.3")

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXTSR6

This is relavant despite the charge connecetor difference (this one uses mini Deans).
Old May 11, 2012, 09:00 PM
USA, OH, Reynoldsburg
Joined Oct 2008
361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helinewbie617 View Post
According to the following link from TowerHobbies, an Electrifly 2S 300 mAH LiPo weighs 19.6g. Dimensions are as follows:
Pack Dimensions: 52 x 32 x 8mm (2.1 x 1.3 x .0.3")

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXTSR6

This is relavant despite the charge connecetor difference (this one uses mini Deans).
Hmm, the batteries I've been seeing are more like 22-24g and the Sky Lipos I'm hoping would work are 350mAh and 26g. I don't know how accurate their weights are though. I'm a 3D pilot and wonder if I'd be happy adding 7g to a 100g heli.
Cullen Colapietro is offline Find More Posts by Cullen Colapietro
Old May 11, 2012, 10:24 PM
Joined Jun 2009
500 Posts
I am not a 3D pilot, but I don't think there is any advantage to adding weight on any heli unless you have the motor power and don't mind reduced flight time. My pilot buddies seem to like the Nano Techs from Hobby King, though I don't own any at the moment.
Old May 12, 2012, 09:17 PM
United States, IL, Manteno
Joined Dec 2006
687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helinewbie617 View Post
I am not a 3D pilot...
About the only "3D" moves you're likely to see me do would be in the few seconds before the helicopter hits the ground!

Don
Digital Don is offline Find More Posts by Digital Don
Old May 12, 2012, 10:22 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,826 Posts
I have been debating on getting an MCPX for a long time now. Would this be worth waiting for instead???

It sounds like it has all the upgrades the MCPX needs and it should be a little more stable
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old May 13, 2012, 01:18 AM
United States, IL, Manteno
Joined Dec 2006
687 Posts
I had an mCPX and it was a nice helicopter. My main problem was that it got real small, real quick!

I have a couple of 120 SRs now and can fly them all over the gym. They're a lot easier to see than the mCPX. Of course, the 130X won't fly anything like the 120 SR, but half the battle is being able to see what you're flying!

Don
Digital Don is offline Find More Posts by Digital Don
Old May 13, 2012, 01:50 AM
Yes, I know it's upside down.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
3,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
I have been debating on getting an MCPX for a long time now. Would this be worth waiting for instead???

It sounds like it has all the upgrades the MCPX needs and it should be a little more stable
It depends on what you are after. The 130X will be able to do some 3D stuff that the mCP-X could never do due to it's motorised tail, however the advantage of the mCP-X has always been it's crashability. I used my mCP-X to master inverted FF, and must have crashed it 100 times. I've no doubt the 130X will fly great, better then the mCP-X due to the increased size, but along with size, you'll probably get more broken parts. No-one will really know until it's been out a few weeks and everyone has had a chance to slam it into the ground a few times.

If I could only buy one, it would be the 130X, simply because I will still be able to fly it at the local corner park, it will fly better than the mCP-X, but also because I am a reasonably capable CP heli pilot, and don't expect to have too many crashes. If you are a CP beginner, then the mCP-X might still be the better buy. I'd hold on if you can for the 130X field reviews once it's out.
Harrow is online now Find More Posts by Harrow
Old May 13, 2012, 08:38 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrow View Post
It depends on what you are after. The 130X will be able to do some 3D stuff that the mCP-X could never do due to it's motorised tail, however the advantage of the mCP-X has always been it's crashability. I used my mCP-X to master inverted FF, and must have crashed it 100 times. I've no doubt the 130X will fly great, better then the mCP-X due to the increased size, but along with size, you'll probably get more broken parts. No-one will really know until it's been out a few weeks and everyone has had a chance to slam it into the ground a few times.

If I could only buy one, it would be the 130X, simply because I will still be able to fly it at the local corner park, it will fly better than the mCP-X, but also because I am a reasonably capable CP heli pilot, and don't expect to have too many crashes. If you are a CP beginner, then the mCP-X might still be the better buy. I'd hold on if you can for the 130X field reviews once it's out.

Good points.

Thanks
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old May 13, 2012, 09:36 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post

How well can you fly a heli?
Will the 130 be a good first CP heli. most likely not.
Is the MCP X a great first CP heli, yes it is.

There are many post describing just how good the mcp X flies and have well it survives thum thumb flights into the ground. Learn to hit throttle hold before impact ,fly over grass and most crashes result in nothing more than a link or links poping off. I have advanced more in one month ,just over 100 flights with a mcp X than all the other helis I have owned / flown over the years. Reason is simple I spend time flyingthis one not repairing it and it does not cost a bunch of dollars to keep it in the air.

Only upgrade it needs is an extended tail boom and Blade at last came out with one for those who can not make their own. Part # BLH3602L.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer