HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 09, 2012, 02:24 PM
Registered User
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technica View Post
$280 for a Bind-N-Fly? Are they for real? I like Blade helis but their prices are getting way out of hand.
I think ampdraw has them listed for like $239 and considering they come with a brushless motor, battery, charger, and a collective tail, it seems like a pretty good deal to me.
liduno is offline Find More Posts by liduno
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2012, 02:30 PM
Registered User
sideburn's Avatar
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno View Post
I think ampdraw has them listed for like $239 and considering they come with a brushless motor, battery, charger, and a collective tail, it seems like a pretty good deal to me.
They have good prices and I can walk to their store
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 03:21 PM
Registered User
airtimeallen's Avatar
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
283 Posts
Still deciding
airtimeallen is online now Find More Posts by airtimeallen
Last edited by airtimeallen; May 09, 2012 at 03:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 03:27 PM
Registered User
airtimeallen's Avatar
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
283 Posts
I think i'm in for a preorder.
airtimeallen is online now Find More Posts by airtimeallen
Last edited by airtimeallen; May 09, 2012 at 03:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 03:39 PM
Registered User
United States, CT, Stamford
Joined Jan 2007
813 Posts
You know guys, just some advice and I'm not saying to change anyone going to any places.

But back when the B400 came out, I was around to see a hobby shop that got all kinds of press on here for well under MAP...get shut down by Horizon and it spurred a huge fight that if anyone wants, they can go back through my profile and read about.

Then back when the McpX came out, there was a shop not to far from me that was selling everything from Horizon just like this place all with listed MAP's but with big discounts in the cart which included pre-orders for the McpX, and I went on HeliFreak once I saw everyone posting about this place an made some posts about the other place back for the 400 that got shut down, and I got all kinds of flack and laughter from everyone there.

But sure enough, with all the postings of pre orders and all the press the got around, bang just a little before the McpX was to be released, HH completely cut them off too and which really sucked for me as they were a great place for getting me the 120Sr parts cheap and fast.

So do or say what ever you want and talk about how that will never happen here but I have seen it twice so don't think for one min that if everyone starts talking about AmpDraw and especially if the other venders hear about them, that HH would never shut them down.

Just some advice and just to mention that in both cases, this also meant all that had their pre-orders lost them and then they had to deal with trying to find ones when evey one had sold out of the first shipment.

Just some words of advice that there is a PM system here.
WBFAir is offline Find More Posts by WBFAir
Last edited by WBFAir; May 09, 2012 at 03:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 03:50 PM
Registered User
airtimeallen's Avatar
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
283 Posts
preorder in.
waiting for heli like its christmas - pricless
airtimeallen is online now Find More Posts by airtimeallen
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 03:54 PM
Registered User
airtimeallen's Avatar
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
283 Posts
Just some words of advice that there is a PM system here.[/QUOTE]

I'll take that advice...
airtimeallen is online now Find More Posts by airtimeallen
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 07:04 PM
Registered User
sideburn's Avatar
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Ah yeah, I remember that too..
Some places were working around the problem by having you sign up as a member of their site. I forget how it worked but it did.. I think it was wholesaletrains.com
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 08:00 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir View Post
You know guys, just some advice and I'm not saying to change anyone going to any places.

But back when the B400 came out, I was around to see a hobby shop that got all kinds of press on here for well under MAP...get shut down by Horizon and it spurred a huge fight that if anyone wants, they can go back through my profile and read about.

Then back when the McpX came out, there was a shop not to far from me that was selling everything from Horizon just like this place all with listed MAP's but with big discounts in the cart which included pre-orders for the McpX, and I went on HeliFreak once I saw everyone posting about this place an made some posts about the other place back for the 400 that got shut down, and I got all kinds of flack and laughter from everyone there.

But sure enough, with all the postings of pre orders and all the press the got around, bang just a little before the McpX was to be released, HH completely cut them off too and which really sucked for me as they were a great place for getting me the 120Sr parts cheap and fast.

So do or say what ever you want and talk about how that will never happen here but I have seen it twice so don't think for one min that if everyone starts talking about AmpDraw and especially if the other venders hear about them, that HH would never shut them down.

Just some advice and just to mention that in both cases, this also meant all that had their pre-orders lost them and then they had to deal with trying to find ones when evey one had sold out of the first shipment.

Just some words of advice that there is a PM system here.
MAP policy means Minimum Advertised Price. Dealers are welcome to sell at whatever price they desire, so long as they do not advertise below MAP. The "add to cart to see price" approach is valid within the MAP system. Generally when we halt business with a dealer there is another reason behind the decision, such as credit problems and the like. I work in Product Development, not Wholesale Sales, so I'm far removed from these choices and actions. Just please understand that there's usually more to the story than what you see on the "outside," and it's not usually driven by MAP violations.
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 08:22 PM
Registered User
airtimeallen's Avatar
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
283 Posts
Thanks much for the clarification! Now i sleep rest asured my preorder is safe!
Picked up the carbon cub from the lhs today, however i will have to wait till the morning for maiden due to 20+ mph winds... spring time near the ocean, arghhh!
airtimeallen is online now Find More Posts by airtimeallen
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 08:34 PM
Registered User
United States, CT, Stamford
Joined Jan 2007
813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
MAP policy means Minimum Advertised Price. Dealers are welcome to sell at whatever price they desire, so long as they do not advertise below MAP. The "add to cart to see price" approach is valid within the MAP system. Generally when we halt business with a dealer there is another reason behind the decision, such as credit problems and the like. I work in Product Development, not Wholesale Sales, so I'm far removed from these choices and actions. Just please understand that there's usually more to the story than what you see on the "outside," and it's not usually driven by MAP violations.
Dave ain't gonna make a stink about this but I have been down this road so far I couldn't see the begging of it even with the Hubble space telescope and I'm not going down it again and I'm not going to go over every detail but in both cases, I know it was a MAP thing that got these guys closed down and that it wasn't anything of the "oh there's more going on" stuff.

Was it the other dealers complaining, was it this or was it that, who knows. But in both cases it all funneled back to the way you guys control things to have things be the way you guys want stuff to be to best serve Horizon.

I mean hey, I got nothing about a honest guy doing what he can to make a honest buck, but this ain't that.

And this thing with MAP is a well know tool of Horizons for a lot of different things, and like I said, I'm not going to get into it all as I'm not going to waist my time going over all this again, but rest assured, there are lot of folks that know whats going on despite all the support you guys get from the fans who don't have a clue or could care less so long as they get what they want.
WBFAir is offline Find More Posts by WBFAir
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 09:38 PM
DT (Dart Tin) 550E, mCPX BL
helinewbie617's Avatar
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Jun 2009
500 Posts
Not going to get into it, WBFair? By saying that, you just stepped in it. Horizon is allowed to have any policy they want as sole US distributor (note: not sole dealer) of their brands. This is called capitalism. To me... if you don't like it, don't buy it, as there is no need to troll on here or disparage a company like you have stated. This is just my honest opinion/ 2 cents, though I am sure there are plenty here that would concur with my point.
helinewbie617 is offline Find More Posts by helinewbie617
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 09:56 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helinewbie617 View Post
Not going to get into it, WBFair? By saying that, you just stepped in it. Horizon is allowed to have any policy they want as sole US distributor (note: not sole dealer) of their brands. This is called capitalism. To me... if you don't like it, don't buy it, as there is no need to troll on here or disparage a company like you have stated. This is just my honest opinion/ 2 cents, though I am sure there are plenty here that would concur with my point.
I don't think he is disparaging HH's MAP policy. He is simply pointing out that if you pre-order from another vendor at below MAP, you run the risk of the product not being delivered. This is a valid warning since some places charge your credit card immediately when you make a pre-order.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2012, 05:19 AM
Registered User
United States, CT, Stamford
Joined Jan 2007
813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helinewbie617 View Post
Not going to get into it, WBFair? By saying that, you just stepped in it. Horizon is allowed to have any policy they want as sole US distributor (note: not sole dealer) of their brands. This is called capitalism. To me... if you don't like it, don't buy it, as there is no need to troll on here or disparage a company like you have stated. This is just my honest opinion/ 2 cents, though I am sure there are plenty here that would concur with my point.
Actually its post like this that is what I would call something I step in, but what ever, you can call it what you want, but as its often confused, (and by a lot if you happen to notice are so confused they have to go to prison as they refuse to be unconfused) but to give you the part of the proper definition, Capitalism is not based on fooling a customer, its real beauty is that ever one wins based on the better product condition and most of all customer choice and not by the keeping of other products out of the customers hands so that all they have is the choice that is given to them by those doing something like getting almost every LHS to sell virtually nothing but HH stuff by setting up things like this price fixing scheme so that they know no one else can beat their price and can calling it MAP and then naming what ever price they want.

But what ever, like I said, I will not get drawn into a battle over this but just to say, yeah, if Horizon wants to work their company in a complete price fixing scheme then thats fine, just admit it though and stop trying to say that its all MAP and not the price fixing thing it is, and then let the advent of what capitalism is do its job and let the people decide what they want.

But thats never going to happen by them or the ones who make replies like this as that would completely defeat the work of what it is they are doing.

Truthfully, I think very few of the people who are their main customers or fans or even most others could care less what they do, they just want their stuff and don't care about anything else so thats why ain't gonna get into it.
WBFAir is offline Find More Posts by WBFAir
Last edited by WBFAir; May 10, 2012 at 05:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2012, 05:30 AM
practice, practice, practice
cvlex's Avatar
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Mar 2005
720 Posts
As I could not wait, I purchased Walkera V120D02S. Very very stable, easy to hover, easy to flip. Far better than my old 4G6, still better than the V120D02 of my club fellow.

cvlex
cvlex is offline Find More Posts by cvlex
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale New in the box E-Flite Taylorcraft ARF Kit plus High Performance E-Flite components Philscho Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Aug 19, 2012 12:25 AM
For Sale E-Flite 300 32e SHP ****SOLD*** E-Flite still aviable tomtheman Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Mar 28, 2012 08:01 PM
Sold E-flite 60A ESC w/ E-flite Brushless 1010kV Motor joshfneptune Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 3 Mar 05, 2012 08:18 PM
Discussion E-Flite Taylorcraft 450 ARF Kit and High Power E-Flite electrical components $300 Philscho Hot Online Deals 1 Mar 02, 2012 08:11 PM
Discussion E-Flite Su-26 and E-flite Extra 260 repair Joe Slow Crash Discussion 1 Sep 27, 2011 11:50 AM