SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 08, 2012, 03:14 AM
Yes, I know it's upside down.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
3,307 Posts
Perhaps a tail blade shroud could be fitted to it? A nice carbon one that weighed nothing would be a great after-market upgrade. You listening out there micro-heli?
Harrow is offline Find More Posts by Harrow
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2012, 11:39 AM
DT (Dart Tin) 550E, mCPX BL
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Jun 2009
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrow View Post
Perhaps a tail blade shroud could be fitted to it? A nice carbon one that weighed nothing would be a great after-market upgrade. You listening out there micro-heli?
What? Are you trying to make this heli look like a EuroCopter with a Fenestron tail rotor? Nah... from the looks of this, the only thing I see would need some upgrades or changes would be the tail gearing system (possibly with a slipper clutch?) or the canopy itself. I will let the so-called beta testers find out the skinny on the other more technical aspects of this model.
helinewbie617 is offline Find More Posts by helinewbie617
Old May 08, 2012, 12:40 PM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,367 Posts
A set of LG's with a small mount (strategically located) for a micro camera would be nice.
TravisBean is offline Find More Posts by TravisBean
Old May 08, 2012, 12:50 PM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helinewbie617 View Post
What? Are you trying to make this heli look like a EuroCopter with a Fenestron tail rotor? Nah... from the looks of this, the only thing I see would need some upgrades or changes would be the tail gearing system (possibly with a slipper clutch?) or the canopy itself. I will let the so-called beta testers find out the skinny on the other more technical aspects of this model.
It could even be made of clear lexan, that way you could either keep it clear if you don't want that look or you could paint it from the inside if you do like the look.
liduno is offline Find More Posts by liduno
Old May 08, 2012, 02:11 PM
DT (Dart Tin) 550E, mCPX BL
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Jun 2009
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno View Post
It could even be made of clear lexan, that way you could either keep it clear if you don't want that look or you could paint it from the inside if you do like the look.
Sure... had no problem with the idea other than the fact it would look interesting to hybrid a pod-and-boom with that type of tail. IMHO, I don't think that Blade would make any model with a clear plastic tail, but then again, I could be very wrong! What a great gathering of ideas to be seen here... hopefully one of us will give Blade an idea they will at least consider and then possibly implement.
helinewbie617 is offline Find More Posts by helinewbie617
Old May 09, 2012, 08:29 AM
United States, CT, Stamford
Joined Jan 2007
813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
As long as you have a nice smooth floor to fly over anyway.. I don't.. But the design of the tail drive shafts with the double "D's" or 2 flats is going to help with the "D" hole stripping out problem. And the nylon gears will also help a lot.. So it's going to be way better than the Walkera or Nine Eagle system..

We still need some real world flying with tail strikes on the lawn, pavement, house, tree, rose bushes, truck, car,etc to tell for sure..
This is exactly what I was thinking too.

Ever notice how a lot of these pre-release vids are often inside and/or over a nice smooth surface?

Don't ever really see ones, or at least ones where over anything else shows crash and no strike problems, over things like grass or in a living room with carpets and or things a helo blade can get caught on or be bounced of off.

But I do think that at least for now, a TT is probably about the only best solution to tail control we have.

Certainly can remember all the problems with some of the older but larger Blade helos with motor driven tail units used to have. And even what some of the now smaller ones have.

As well a belt would be probably be just as much trouble for something this size too.

So TT is about I would think could be done.

Think it would be a great idea if next the manufactures could come up with some kind of a really good working clutch system for these though as if they had something that would hold under all flying conditions but that would give in a crash, that would be killer.

Well just have to wait and see how the 130 does when it come out.

Certainly don't expect there to be a lack of testers out there.
WBFAir is offline Find More Posts by WBFAir
Old May 09, 2012, 08:35 AM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
I recently got a Solo Pro 180 3D from HobbyKing. I've had a few incidents that should have stripped the tail gear but did not because of a mod. Instead of a screw holding the main gear to the main shaft, I use a tooth pick which breaks when the main shaft wants to turn and the main gear doesn't want to. I'll be curious to see how this works on the 130 X with higher head speed and more drastic pitch changes.
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old May 09, 2012, 08:50 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
I have sold well over a hundred of my tail slipper clutches for the Walkera V120 size heli's and so far everyone has been happy with them.. And no one has reported to me that they are still stripping gears or that it's not working right, other than one person that sprayed Silicone on his and it was slipping to much. He replaced the tubing after cleaning everything and problem was gone...

Will the 130X need this?? Can I make it for it?? Time will tell...
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old May 09, 2012, 08:53 AM
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
I have sold well over a hundred of my tail slipper clutches for the Walkera V120 size heli's and so far everyone has been happy with them.. And no one has reported to me that they are still stripping gears or that it's not working right, other than one person that sprayed Silicone on his and it was slipping to much. He replaced the tubing after cleaning everything and problem was gone...

I'm willing to beta test for you when/if you decide to produce them. I already ordered my 130x.

Larry
Old May 09, 2012, 09:01 AM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
I'm willing to beta test for you when/if you decide to produce them. I already ordered my 130x.

Larry
As I have had to order one just to see if it's need.. And if so if I can make them. I'm already into this thing for $300.00.. You can be a beta tester but I don't think I'll be sending out any free ones.. After all every other company lets the paying customers do their beta testing. So don't see why I should be any different...

My 1st Carbon Cub will be here today and from reading the CC forum we are all doing beta testing on the servos..
Old May 09, 2012, 09:04 AM
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
As I have had to order one just to see if it's need.. And if so if I can make them. I'm already into this thing for $300.00.. You can be a beta tester but I don't think I'll be sending out any free ones.. After all every other company lets the paying customers do their beta testing. So don't see why I should be any different...

My 1st Carbon Cub will be here today and from reading the CC forum we are all doing beta testing on the servos..
No problem, I'll pay and still provide feedback. I'm not trying to get anything for free.

By the way, any plans on flying the CC off water? I'm considering it with the floats but I'm not sure I can justify it since I already have the Icon A5.

- Larry
Old May 09, 2012, 11:02 AM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
No problem, I'll pay and still provide feedback. I'm not trying to get anything for free.

By the way, any plans on flying the CC off water? I'm considering it with the floats but I'm not sure I can justify it since I already have the Icon A5.

- Larry
Yes I do plan on flying them off water I ordered floats for both of them.. Might even fly off snow with them.. Might even try flying off grass with them..

I'll let you know in what September-December about the 130X slipper clutch? I have lost track..
Old May 09, 2012, 12:23 PM
United States, CT, Stamford
Joined Jan 2007
813 Posts
Quote:

Nice to hear that those worked out so well Bob, if you might recall I almost bought one of yours but I sold my V120 before you had them shipping.

But if the 130 comes out and I get one and you make one for that, being that you are such a man of honor and integrity along with the fact I know if you make it, it will work well, I will definitely get one from you for this Helo.
WBFAir is offline Find More Posts by WBFAir
Old May 09, 2012, 01:09 PM
Joined Apr 2010
647 Posts
$280 for a Bind-N-Fly? Are they for real? I like Blade helis but their prices are getting way out of hand.
Technica is offline Find More Posts by Technica
Old May 09, 2012, 02:18 PM
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technica View Post
$280 for a Bind-N-Fly? Are they for real? I like Blade helis but their prices are getting way out of hand.
i agree -
You can get a t-rex 600 (full carbon fiber and cnc aluminum) for $750 on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Align-T-REX-...item4ab7021712

or the new fbl version for $860.
It is much more machine and not made out of crappy plastic parts with plastic or wood blades.
just a quick comparison, but HH's head is too big... especially with all the issues they have with their products...
airtimeallen is offline Find More Posts by airtimeallen