HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:14 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
No, your problem is you can't back your statement up claiming this heli is "marketed to beginners". Direct quote of yours, by the way (post # 1452)...

So, back it up...that's all I ask... Even "the maker" claims it as an "advanced" heli. And, they're the ones with a vested interest (that's called profit, Jasmine) trying to sell as many as possible.
Go read it again. It was a general comment about product releases. Wth do you care anyway?
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:18 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,074 Posts
Guys, cool it. Let's talk 130 X. I had my maiden flight today and she rocks Out of the box all stock and no mods. I am glad I have accepted the delivery. Let's keep talking 130 X
Thetis is offline Find More Posts by Thetis
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:23 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradharvy View Post
You have to keep in mind that these 130x's are mass produced!
That's just the poorest excuse I have ever heard. Isn't just about everything mass produced. I guess all my other blade helis were built one at a time since they all fly good. Oh this is good stuff!
Just an honest question... Do you have a 130x still? What do you think? Sounds like you're not COMPLETELY down on it. And what other helis do you have? And which one is your favorite?
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:27 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Wth do you care anyway?
WTH do YOU care? What's your angle/affilitation with Horizon? You seem pretty suspect... Do you even have a 130 X? No? If so, then shut up and let the real owners deal with this crap.
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Last edited by sertav; Jul 08, 2012 at 10:33 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:27 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
Guys, cool it. Let's talk 130 X. I had my maiden flight today and she rocks Out of the box all stock and no mods. I am glad I have accepted the delivery. Let's keep talking 130 X
Yes she does! Next time am at the field with my friend Manny, and will have him video mine doing tic-toc, rainbow, funnel, piroflip, etc.

Btw, stock up on the vertical fin. I broke another one flying low and backward into the ground/grass. Otherwise, stay high.
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:31 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
Yeah, let's see how she lasts for the next 10-20 flights, if you can even keep from crashing it due to something "letting go"...
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:32 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
Yeah, let's see how she lasts for the next 10-20 flights, if you can even keep from crashing it due to something "letting go"...
Please stop ....
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:38 PM
OY-5542
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Silkeborg
Joined Nov 2009
741 Posts
Please stop...
Chrizz is offline Find More Posts by Chrizz
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Oxy 0.5
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:57 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Aug 2009
51 Posts
Has anyone tried the 300 nano 35~70c tech batteries?..and what did you think of them.
leafs04 is offline Find More Posts by leafs04
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:05 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs04 View Post
Has anyone tried the 300 nano 35~70c tech batteries?..and what did you think of them.
I've the Nano 370 25c-40c. 5 minutes of 3d (as hard as this heli can handle) and I'm at the 80% limits. I really like this 370mAh batt ... enough to purchased 15 of them for a full 75 minutes of fun.

Mine is 26 grams with velcro.
Last edited by chopper62; Jul 08, 2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:09 PM
Joined Dec 2011
29 Posts
So after fixing the TT length so it sits nicely in the gear I went out and had another flight. I was very happy however at the end the tail seemed slightly odd. After landing one of the small black screws that holds the back shaft fell out and the other was lose. I didn't want to strip the head when I put it back together but going forward I'm gonna use a small amount of blue lock tight. I put an order in for parts and will be down for a week. Oh well Monday is work anyway. I still don't regret getting it. Especially for $240.

Battery: I noticed on my Hyperion charger that if I drain it to 3.4v under load and go to a 95% charge the battery took 345mah. Now my charger has never let me down before so I'm wondering if these eflite batteries are better than advertised?

And yes some of you are very annoying so go away or stop it.
foxrider68 is offline Find More Posts by foxrider68
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:14 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Just for laughs I replaced the tail shaft bearings with a set of V120D02 ones and what do you know? No vibrations. Great. This definitley means the bearings that come with the heli are not very good if even Walkera bearings work better. Crazy. Anyway, I suspect its more than just the bearings since there is a lot of play between the shaft and the inner bearing race. It seems that the tail shaft is too small in diameter by just a touch. There is no play in my V120 so I know its not the bearing size. They are all standard flanges. Even the blade bearings I just removed have no play on my V120 tail shaft. Looks like a little re-tooling from HH is needed.

However, like I posted, that first 2+ mins of flight were awesome. Until...
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:16 PM
Trailer Down By The River
Joined Sep 2004
496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
Okay so I figured I would post some hard 3D flight results here to get this thread back on track.

There is some good news and some bad...

The good news is I had a chance to fly with Manny this morning and took my new 130X for him to really fly her out to see what happened. Mind you, this heli (of 3 that I have) had only 3 flights total and several bladeless spin ups to balance the heli before he flew her. I even had the spool up vibration at a minimum with proper blade balancing. Anyway, he really flew her hard and did pretty much all of the manuevers he does with any of his helis including 180* tic-tocs. Man was that a blast to watch. Unfortunately, about 2 1/2 mins into the flight the bad news came.

The bad. After the 2+ mins of all out 3D, the heli all of sudden started climbing straight up and had no control. He had to hit TH from about 25ft to keep the heli from flying off into nowhere. . After inspection this is what we found. The plastic tail drive gear was rubbing on the back of the elevator servo from all of the frame flexing during his 3D routine. This caused the FET to overheat and lock out the servo. We strongly suspect this because the servo right after picking the heli up was frozen. After a few seconds of handling to look for damage, it all of sudden started working again. Probably due to cooling off. There was also black residue from the gear rubbing on the servo board and there were marks on the plastic gear as well. What the heck Horizon??? Anyway the total damage is elevator servo, rotorhead, blades and dogbone link. Bummer.

After this mishap, I shaved down my other gears so there is ample clearance for the FET no matter what. I also noticed that the front metal drive gear is starting to show wear in the "D" that holds the drive shaft that is causing some slop in the drive. I think it is a result of the "Horizon approved" horrendous tail vibration. Next project is to find a cure for the vib. Maybe good bearings and gluing them into the tail box. Who knows???

And I thought Walkeras had their issues. LOL.

Hey HH, how about sending all of us some modified drive gears and better tail shaft bearing to keep our helis from flying off??? Sheesh...Just as bad as that MCPX blade grip bearing thing. Oh wait, this vibration seems to be a bearing issue as well. Hmmm...
Hey DKFUJI if I am not mistaken ,,a few years ago I saw vids of you promoting Walkera stuff. Fine ,, with videos...the model was the 4g6. On the videos I saw it do nice things and I bought it with the fancy TX as I needed that to have full control of my new collective pitch Walkera 4G6 with torque tube tail!!! I got
it,,,my bad. That heli was my one and only failure to date of any heli I have owned.many helis over the years I had great success with the SHOGUN which was produced many years before. I even have restored a Cricket made in 1984 that fly's great. I was a fool and added 100 dollars of upgrade part to my WALKERA excrement pile to the pile I was already in deep and it did nothing but empty my wallet. My mcpx stock I flipped on my second flight to inverted,,no problem. My Walkera POS never saw inverted and barely hovered very long. I will never buy a Walkera again. I am not a newbie but will not forget YOUR promotion DKFUJI SAN of a product that with my experience is/was garbage,,,even though it was in the past. Your opinion holds no water and in my mind you will take any side that benefits you.
I do not regard your opinions in any way valid
TURBOOMNI is offline Find More Posts by TURBOOMNI
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:19 PM
Closed Account
Joined Jan 2012
756 Posts
Has everyone had good luck with this heli? Looks cool but sometimes the design isn't great.
TheBeastTamer is offline Find More Posts by TheBeastTamer
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:20 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Aug 2009
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper62 View Post
I've the Nano 370 25c-40c. 5 minutes of 3d (as hard as this heli can handle) and I'm at the 80% limits. I really like this 370mAh batt ... enough to purchased 15 of them for a full 75 minutes of fun.
Thanks I will order some 370 but what about the 460 25~40c you think good or to heavy..... I have six 300 35-70c so I'm hoping that they will work
Hoping to have this heli in a day or two
leafs04 is offline Find More Posts by leafs04