HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:16 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,657 Posts
130X cost approx. $100 more than a mCPX , is brushless,larger, more powerful and has a reall tail rotor with pitch control. It cost about $200 to get the mCPX upgraded to to good BL power unless you do all of the work yourself and it then cost about $1000 and takes several hours time. It requires a BL motor ,ESC, wiring, aluinum swashplatre,and improved tail.

I have two BL mCPXs which I love I also upgraded my son's to BL. I really think I want a 130X as it is a bit larger and should thus be easier for me to see at a distance and I like to fly big air. I fly my mCPX's out to 300 feet in FFF doing circuits ( figure 8s and circles).

All you pioneer 130X pilots keep those problem repost coming. Overall it sounds great and I have not read of any issue I could not fix fairly simply. Being a retired Tool & Die Maker ,precession machinest,manufacturing equipment designer and builder with over 52 years of experience has its' advantages. I remeber my first heli , a Concept 30 (glow) 20 plus years ago also had issues which I was able to correct.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:26 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper62 View Post
I just spool it up on idle1. Broke the second vertical fin and she's still flying great
I always get it off the ground before switching to IU

So far 16 flawless flights on mine and 2 crashes and 0 damage except creased canopy. One crash in the driveway in IU and 1 in the grass in IU. I would say its pretty durable.
I am working on getting my flips tighter.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:28 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
130X cost approx. $100 more than a mCPX , is brushless,larger, more powerful and has a reall tail rotor with pitch control. It cost about $200 to get the mCPX upgraded to to good BL power unless you do all of the work yourself and it then cost about $1000 and takes several hours time. It requires a BL motor ,ESC, wiring, aluinum swashplatre,and improved tail.

I have two BL mCPXs which I love I also upgraded my son's to BL. I really think I want a 130X as it is a bit larger and should thus be easier for me to see at a distance and I like to fly big air. I fly my mCPX's out to 300 feet in FFF doing circuits ( figure 8s and circles).

All you pioneer 130X pilots keep those problem repost coming. Overall it sounds great and I have not read of any issue I could not fix fairly simply. Being a retired Tool & Die Maker ,precession machinest,manufacturing equipment designer and builder with over 52 years of experience has its' advantages. I remeber my first heli , a Concept 30 (glow) 20 plus years ago also had issues which I was able to correct.

Charles
Don't you say it cost only about $60+ to upgrade mcpx to brushless and now come up $200.00 to upgrade mcpx to good brushless one. don't you say 130X has reported issue, suggested proceed upgrade mcpx instead of hold off mcpx upgrade, save money for buying 130X.........
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:44 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post

So, again...show me where it was ever marketed to beginners and quit your BS "religion-esque God" non-logic of saying something is true because you can't prove it's "untrue".
I'm sorry you've got a lemon of a 130x. Be that as it may, your contribution to this thread is degrading exponentially . Please either post something constructive or otherwise stop posting.
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:46 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper62 View Post
I'm sorry you've got a lemon of a 130x. Be that as it may, your contribution to this thread is degrading exponentially . Please either post something constructive or otherwise stop posting.
Whatever... Someone claiming this heli as being "marketed to beginners" had better back it up. It's related to the 130 X and, therefore, this thread. If that bothers you, then you leave/"stop posting".
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 08, 2012, 05:13 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
I have two BL mCPXs which I love I also upgraded my son's to BL. I really think I want a 130X as it is a bit larger and should thus be easier for me to see at a distance and I like to fly big air.
I have a BL mCPX that I got from Dylan from AD. I like that he also sells a CF frame stiffener as you have cut some of the stock frame get it fit. Total was a about $65 and it was a plug and play setup. I kept it simple and went with the least powerful BL motor allowing me to keep the stock tail. I love this setup and it has really helped advance my skills.

That being said, the 130x is all that the BL mCPX is and much much more. More power, more stability, more visibility and just more fun. Like you, I do include a lot of big air flying even with the micros. The 130x is easier to see, easier to lock in the big sky maneuvers and includes a tail that is far harder to blow out in fast backwards or windy conditions.

Even though mine only lasted 5 flights before needing to get some parts from HH, I am every optimistic as to what this model will eventually mature into. Those like yourself with skills and patience will have a much better time with that maturing process. Hopefully HH will be swift help address some of these minor issues for everyone else.
Gregor99 is online now Find More Posts by Gregor99
Last edited by Gregor99; Jul 08, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 05:14 PM
Joined Oct 2008
308 Posts
I am an advanced beginner / beginner intermediate. I have mostly hovered and done some slow circuits with msr, msrx, mcpx, sr120, mqx and all versions of cx and mcx. Can anyone tell me how the mcpx, sr130 and the SR would compair in ease of hovering and slow forward flight in getting used to flying outside? Nearly all of my flying has been in my livingroom because of wind and breasy conditions outside and not wanting to break anything after crashing my SR the first time I flew it. The mcpx and 120 fly a bit differently outside than they do inside. I hovered my 130 outside for about 3-4 minutes before brushing tree limb/ leaves with the tail rotor and stripping the gear. I recently got a Phoenix Sim and have done pretty well on it with the SR, mcpx and Trex 250. Not so well with larger models. I am thinking of setting up the 130 with mcpx settings and also go for it again with the SR. any suggestions?
SeaDog-Chief is offline Find More Posts by SeaDog-Chief
Old Jul 08, 2012, 05:24 PM
UK, Leeds.
Joined Mar 2009
398 Posts
So if all the info is getting lost in this thread due to banter/infighting other BS, why don't we start a no banter/stay on topic mods thread like we did for the MCPX? I would do this except it really needs someone with more time to keep the initial post updated-any takers??
rew-7 is offline Find More Posts by rew-7
Old Jul 08, 2012, 05:40 PM
Joined Feb 2011
187 Posts
Quote:
You haven't seen any tail vibrations at all? Not even when spooling it up slowly from a dead stop and going through about 1/4-1/3 throttle or so?
No I didn't say that... I get the tail vibe on spool up but it's only at one particular speed and you just power through that spot. So far I've seen no damage due to the transient vibration. And now that I know what I'm looking for I've seen tail wag. But it's more annoying than a problem for me.

However, I just dumb thumbed my 130x into the ground nose first and cracked my canopy. A little CA and it's almost as good as new.

I've also had some blade strikes at speed that would have destroyed my 120sr or mCPx... I'm saying the 130x is a pretty tough little bird.
jscott1 is offline Find More Posts by jscott1
Last edited by jscott1; Jul 08, 2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 05:45 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott1 View Post
No I didn't say that... I get the tail vibe on spool up but it's only at one particular speed and you just power through that spot. So far I've seen no damage due to the transient vibration.
Ah, thanks for clarifying. When I finally get my replacement servo and tail pitch slider and actually have the thing in "flying condition", I'll just blow through that point and get it into the air. Unfortunately, I was unable to do that with a dead servo (from Horizon) out of the box. I am going to wait for the upgraded tail bearings to arrive before I fly it, though, as that's part of my definition of "flying condition" since the stock bearings were so sloppy and, obviously, contributing hugely to the tail vibe problem.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 06:06 PM
Spicy Torque Roll!
USA, CA, Pasadena
Joined Dec 2006
1,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisBean View Post
I see quite a bit of tail wag in this video. Are other owners experiencing the same thing ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29daN-ZF4X8
YES however a link has been posted to turn down the gains. Have not tried that yet.
volcomsnows2k is online now Find More Posts by volcomsnows2k
Old Jul 08, 2012, 06:18 PM
United States, MO, Raymore
Joined Nov 2011
242 Posts
this is a dramma thread!

popcorn
bradharvy is offline Find More Posts by bradharvy
Last edited by bradharvy; Jul 15, 2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 06:19 PM
Spicy Torque Roll!
USA, CA, Pasadena
Joined Dec 2006
1,826 Posts
Quote:
A direct rip off of Blade's original flybarred mSR (one of their good ones) and Align STILL couldn't get it right.
And how do you think Align could ever get it right? With their DFC heads? DFC= Direct From Compass? I do not have the time to follow each thread and what each are saying about each new development. I saw the advent of the DFC head to Align's company and added it to 5 of my helis. Is it my fault that I did not research it more? I think not. Not all of us here have an expendable cash flow. I don't have the time to browse 500 threads on 3 different sites so I said hey, Align did a good job and I can see where this DFC head could benefit. WRONG. My 450 Pro never got off the ground before one of the main links broke. Then it prompted me to research it. Come to ind out countless DFC heads on the 700 with boon strikes. Then I talked to my friend that is a factory pilot for Compass. Come to find out this was a copy and lack of actual testing by Align before bringing to the market of the DFC head. Hence: DFC Direct From Compass. So enough said about Align.

Back to the 130x. Eflite is ahead of the game and are not following in my opinion. Do they have issues, sure they do. This is a hobby and each company does not have a bulletproof product. Again, it goes back to HOBBY. It is to be expected that things are going to happen. I am dealing with the 130x issues and I'm not upset. The issues I have with the DFC heads really twists my panties...
volcomsnows2k is online now Find More Posts by volcomsnows2k
Old Jul 08, 2012, 06:21 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradharvy View Post
Or my
450X witch is also smoothe as butter on spool up, why doesn't it vibrate violently.?
Belt drive, which you should already know if you're that "experienced"... Or is it "witch"craft as to it's smoothness?
Old Jul 08, 2012, 06:22 PM
Dont roffle my waffle
USA, CA, Tustin
Joined Mar 2003
798 Posts
I am looking for some tips on putting the small 'gear' on the end of the torque tube on the side further away from the tail(What is this called?)
Also, are there any tips for connecting the pitch lever to the slider set?
NoMercy is offline Find More Posts by NoMercy