HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:23 AM
United States, NJ, Manville
Joined May 2006
1,571 Posts
That is just part of torque tube Heli 101....First move the blades by hand to see if it moves freely...Spool up slowly and look for vibration...If there is any vibration remove all blades and hunt for the problem....
skizziks is offline Find More Posts by skizziks
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:24 AM
Spicy Torque Roll!
USA, CA, Pasadena
Joined Dec 2006
1,821 Posts
Solution

The solution has been posted in post 1512 and previous somewhere. Your problem is exactly what happened to me. Expect mine was like 3 flights. I will do this when I get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctrudeau View Post
I had about 6 flawless flights, when I got the uncontrolled piro. White rear crown gear is definitely slipping on the end of the torque rod. Rod appears too short, so insufficiently engaged (maybe half), and that half has rounded out.

Otherwise, this heli is awesome!

Anyone have a really solid fix for this issue?

Thanks,

Marc
volcomsnows2k is offline Find More Posts by volcomsnows2k
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:27 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,676 Posts
Designated post for needed mods and trouble shoot

Can you guys designate a specific post for all needed mods and fixes???

That way, you can just forward dudes to that post.

Does this sound like a good idea? As more necessary mods and fixes come up, just add to the original post.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:27 AM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by volcomsnows2k View Post
I don't understand the tail vibes at all. It is violent! I am just kinda expecting to throw something off the heli one of these flights. On spool up before it gets to a good rpm range, it sounds and looks like the heli wants to explode!
Just spool it up fast and punch it and get it off the ground. I bet once you do it wont vibrate anymore. All that matters is does it vibrate in the air not on the ground.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:28 AM
Spicy Torque Roll!
USA, CA, Pasadena
Joined Dec 2006
1,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
Can you guys designate a specific post for all needed mods and fixes???

That way, you can just forward dudes to that post.

Does this sound like a good idea? As more necessary mods and fixes come up, just add to the original post.

Maybe a Sticky common known issues?
volcomsnows2k is offline Find More Posts by volcomsnows2k
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:30 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTCyclic View Post
I got one new in the box that I picked up, still sealed. Can't decide should I open it and fly it or should I sell it???
So close yet, so far away. Open it.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:35 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
I'm about to the point where I'll do that, too. I often do that anyway with helis I really like so I can always have a flying spare. Looks like I'll NEED one with the 130 X...
I will definitely buy a second 130x if a V2 version comes out that addresses most of the issues.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:58 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minirotor View Post
Shame Align & Raptor don't make this seize/type of Heli--just buy/fly no problems
Align built the Trex 100X FP which is one of the most heavily condemned micro helis ever. They then announced a Trex 100 3D which never materialized. It is actually much more complicated and requires much more investment to design and manufacture a 100-120 size micro. Henseleit is a very small operation but their helis are reckoned to be among the best ever made.

Anyway, I am unsubscribing from this thread. I just heard that the 130X won't be coming to Hong Kong anytime soon and it is possible it may never come. I am not going to buy overseas through the Internet.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jul 08, 2012, 12:01 PM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,367 Posts
I see quite a bit of tail wag in this video. Are other owners experiencing the same thing ?

E-Flite Blade 130 X Demo Flight Raw and Uncut with Mild 3D Aerobatics (6 min 35 sec)
TravisBean is offline Find More Posts by TravisBean
Last edited by TravisBean; Jul 08, 2012 at 12:18 PM. Reason: typo
Old Jul 08, 2012, 12:17 PM
Joined Dec 2011
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
Someone resolved this issues by loosening the screws that hold the tail boom and pushing the tail boom in just a bit more. Then there was no more fore and aft play with the torque tube. Good luck!
I just did it and it worked for me! Shaft goes to the end of the gear. However I started to strip the screws as they were tight with the junky screwdriver that came with it. Nothing substitutes good tools.
foxrider68 is offline Find More Posts by foxrider68
Old Jul 08, 2012, 12:20 PM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Great to hear!
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old Jul 08, 2012, 12:33 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
Geez, this can't be resolved through a setting?
What, a "setting" on the TX? Yeah, it would be nice to have a TX setting to eliminate vibes, but that ain't happening any time soon...
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 08, 2012, 12:35 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Align built the Trex 100X FP which is one of the most heavily condemned micro helis ever.
A direct rip off of Blade's original flybarred mSR (one of their good ones) and Align STILL couldn't get it right.
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 08, 2012, 01:00 PM
West Boylston, MA
Joined Feb 2003
1,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxrider68 View Post
I just did it and it worked for me! Shaft goes to the end of the gear. However I started to strip the screws as they were tight with the junky screwdriver that came with it. Nothing substitutes good tools.
First, best BLADE-owner's investment is a decent "0" size Phillips screwdriver!
marctrudeau is offline Find More Posts by marctrudeau
Old Jul 08, 2012, 01:09 PM
West Boylston, MA
Joined Feb 2003
1,093 Posts
Alternate piro solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
Someone resolved this issues by loosening the screws that hold the tail boom and pushing the tail boom in just a bit more. Then there was no more fore and aft play with the torque tube. Good luck!
Thanks, Ikagan!

There was no slop at either end of my boom, loosening all the screws, but I found that if I place a tool across the end of the front gear, I can push the back gear further on with my finger tips. I got about 1/2 mm moe engagement, and no more piros.

Tried my first roll, and put it in inverted under power. No damage, but had to push the gear home again. I wish the flat section at the aft end of the torque were a mm longer, but I can live with this. My only battery should be charged again soon.

Marc
marctrudeau is offline Find More Posts by marctrudeau