HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 08, 2012, 09:27 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
I bought a second one today
I'm about to the point where I'll do that, too. I often do that anyway with helis I really like so I can always have a flying spare. Looks like I'll NEED one with the 130 X...
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2012, 09:32 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minirotor View Post
Shame Align & Raptor don't make this seize/type of Heli--just buy/fly no problems
Shame Horizon & Blade don't make one, either...
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 08, 2012, 09:35 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by volcomsnows2k View Post
Can anyone provide a link to where you are ordering the Metal tail rotor gear set? Thank you!
So far, the only metal gear I've seen is the A gear which is all the way forward on the main rotor shaft itself. It's listed under "hop up" parts. It does say "gears", but only shows one in the picture.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...-130-x-BLH3735
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 08, 2012, 09:44 AM
Z06 Tony's Avatar
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
I'm about to the point where I'll do that, too. I often do that anyway with helis I really like so I can always have a flying spare. Looks like I'll NEED one with the 130 X...
I just bought a 2nd also. Mine has performed flawlessly. Even had 2 crashes and only a canopy wrinkle.
I cant 3d but can dl flips/rolls etc..
Right now Amain has them in stock and you can use CALPJUL1225 for $25 off $250. No free ship though.

Mine was just under $270 w/Priority Mail shipping.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:05 AM
Spicy Torque Roll!
volcomsnows2k's Avatar
USA, CA, Pasadena
Joined Dec 2006
1,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
So far, the only metal gear I've seen is the A gear which is all the way forward on the main rotor shaft itself. It's listed under "hop up" parts. It does say "gears", but only shows one in the picture.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...-130-x-BLH3735
Yes thats the gear. I stripped that gear in flight. Thank you!
volcomsnows2k is offline Find More Posts by volcomsnows2k
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:10 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
I just bought a 2nd also. Mine has performed flawlessly. Even had 2 crashes and only a canopy wrinkle.
I cant 3d but can dl flips/rolls etc..
Right now Amain has them in stock and you can use CALPJUL1225 for $25 off $250. No free ship though.

Mine was just under $270 w/Priority Mail shipping.
I figure I should probably wait to get my first one finally flying and see how I like it before buying a second one. All my replacement parts from HH should be here in the next few days. I'm really hoping this will be an excellent heli, but I don't want to be down for another $270 or so if my first one turns out to be a total POS.
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:18 AM
Registered User
wlee1017's Avatar
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Anyone got part numbers for the Boca Bearings or do you just order something the same size and it'll work?
You may go to bocabearings.com, under "dimension search", select the default "all application", then you input the dimension for inner dia, outer dia and thickness, it will show you the bearings.

Some bearings come with different material like ceramic, ss. ball etc.. thus have different parts numbers.

most likely, you are looking at

4mm x 7mm x 2mm
1.5mm x 4mm x 1.12mm
1.5mm x 4mm x 2mm
1.5mm x 4mm x 2m flanged
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:19 AM
Spicy Torque Roll!
volcomsnows2k's Avatar
USA, CA, Pasadena
Joined Dec 2006
1,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
I figure I should probably wait to get my first one finally flying and see how I like it before buying a second one. All my replacement parts from HH should be here in the next few days. I'm really hoping this will be an excellent heli, but I don't want to be down for another $270 or so if my first one turns out to be a total POS.

I'm with you. I liked the mcPx so much I bought 2. I had a v1 then bought the v2. My initial thoughts of the 130x was it is amazing. I would like to have 2 and keep one for a back up in the event I needed a back up at a flying event or something. I will hold off and see how this thread plays out. There are just too many wide spread little issues that makes this frustrating. For some the heli is perfect. For the other "some" the heli has some serious issues. I am up to my 7 and 8 flights now after replacing a few parts and next on the list, the tail "torque" crown gear's flat spot rounds itself in flight. Loosing the tail. Not too much damage but I sure was close to my face when this happened. I guess we will all just reading up and see how this goes. I am happy to an extent with the performance but the issues are more than there should be in my opinion.
volcomsnows2k is offline Find More Posts by volcomsnows2k
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:34 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by volcomsnows2k View Post
I'm with you. I liked the mcPx so much I bought 2. I had a v1 then bought the v2. My initial thoughts of the 130x was it is amazing. I would like to have 2 and keep one for a back up in the event I needed a back up at a flying event or something. I will hold off and see how this thread plays out. There are just too many wide spread little issues that makes this frustrating. For some the heli is perfect. For the other "some" the heli has some serious issues. I am up to my 7 and 8 flights now after replacing a few parts and next on the list, the tail "torque" crown gear's flat spot rounds itself in flight. Loosing the tail. Not too much damage but I sure was close to my face when this happened. I guess we will all just reading up and see how this goes. I am happy to an extent with the performance but the issues are more than there should be in my opinion.
Thankfully, I only bought one early mCP X. It was a dog, but it's pretty good...now... After dumping $100+ into it going brushless, upgraded tail, metal swash, etc. I didn't buy a second (V2) one because I just didn't like the first one enough to spend the money. I *want* to like the 130 X so much, but I haven't even been able to fly it yet due to a DOA servo, which should be here tomorrow. Then the pitch slider broke because the tail vibes were so bad and I was trying to sort that out on the bench. Then came the order(s) for a complete complement of replacement bearings. I will have SO much work into this heli before even getting a test hover. I do NOT want to go through that again so, if I do get a second one, it will probably be way down the road when I'm not longer seeing these rash of problems and/or Horizon comes out with a V2.

But...it's HARD not to just pick up a second one so I'd actually have one to fly NOW. My LHS has them, but no parts yet... My luck I'd just end up with another basket case out of the box.
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:45 AM
Registered User
West Boylston, MA
Joined Feb 2003
1,093 Posts
White Gear at Rear of Torque Tube (Rod) Slipping

I had about 6 flawless flights, when I got the uncontrolled piro. White rear crown gear is definitely slipping on the end of the torque rod. Rod appears too short, so insufficiently engaged (maybe half), and that half has rounded out.

Otherwise, this heli is awesome!

Anyone have a really solid fix for this issue?

Thanks,

Marc
marctrudeau is offline Find More Posts by marctrudeau
Last edited by marctrudeau; Jul 08, 2012 at 10:45 AM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:46 AM
Spicy Torque Roll!
volcomsnows2k's Avatar
USA, CA, Pasadena
Joined Dec 2006
1,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
Thankfully, I only bought one early mCP X. It was a dog, but it's pretty good...now... After dumping $100+ into it going brushless, upgraded tail, metal swash, etc. I didn't buy a second (V2) one because I just didn't like the first one enough to spend the money. I *want* to like the 130 X so much, but I haven't even been able to fly it yet due to a DOA servo, which should be here tomorrow. Then the pitch slider broke because the tail vibes were so bad and I was trying to sort that out on the bench. Then came the order(s) for a complete complement of replacement bearings. I will have SO much work into this heli before even getting a test hover. I do NOT want to go through that again so, if I do get a second one, it will probably be way down the road when I'm not longer seeing these rash of problems and/or Horizon comes out with a V2.

But...it's HARD not to just pick up a second one so I'd actually have one to fly NOW. My LHS has them, but no parts yet... My luck I'd just end up with another basket case out of the box.

I don't understand the tail vibes at all. It is violent! I am just kinda expecting to throw something off the heli one of these flights. On spool up before it gets to a good rpm range, it sounds and looks like the heli wants to explode!
volcomsnows2k is offline Find More Posts by volcomsnows2k
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:59 AM
Registered User
lkagan's Avatar
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marctrudeau View Post
I had about 6 flawless flights, when I got the uncontrolled piro. White rear crown gear is definitely slipping on the end of the torque rod. Rod appears too short, so insufficiently engaged (maybe half), and that half has rounded out.

Otherwise, this heli is awesome!

Anyone have a really solid fix for this issue?

Thanks,

Marc
Someone resolved this issues by loosening the screws that hold the tail boom and pushing the tail boom in just a bit more. Then there was no more fore and aft play with the torque tube. Good luck!
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:10 AM
Spicy Torque Roll!
volcomsnows2k's Avatar
USA, CA, Pasadena
Joined Dec 2006
1,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
Someone resolved this issues by loosening the screws that hold the tail boom and pushing the tail boom in just a bit more. Then there was no more fore and aft play with the torque tube. Good luck!
Thank you for this information. The issue is with many of us we don't have the time to read a ton of back pages. Once in a while it's nice when some one brings it back up a few pages. I do that when I get back to my heli. Thanks so much!
volcomsnows2k is offline Find More Posts by volcomsnows2k
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:16 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by volcomsnows2k View Post
I don't understand the tail vibes at all. It is violent! I am just kinda expecting to throw something off the heli one of these flights. On spool up before it gets to a good rpm range, it sounds and looks like the heli wants to explode!
Yup. Keep an eye on that lower pin on the tail pitch slider. It will break off VERY easily as a direct result of these vibrations. The end of my tail looked like the end of a frickin' diving board after a 400lb land manatee belly flopped off of it...out of the box...
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:22 AM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
Yup. Keep an eye on that lower pin on the tail pitch slider. It will break off VERY easily as a direct result of these vibrations. The end of my tail looked like the end of a frickin' diving board after a 400lb land manatee belly flopped off of it...out of the box...
Geez, this can't be resolved through a setting?
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale New in the box E-Flite Taylorcraft ARF Kit plus High Performance E-Flite components Philscho Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Aug 19, 2012 12:25 AM
For Sale E-Flite 300 32e SHP ****SOLD*** E-Flite still aviable tomtheman Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Mar 28, 2012 08:01 PM
Sold E-flite 60A ESC w/ E-flite Brushless 1010kV Motor joshfneptune Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 3 Mar 05, 2012 08:18 PM
Discussion E-Flite Taylorcraft 450 ARF Kit and High Power E-Flite electrical components $300 Philscho Hot Online Deals 1 Mar 02, 2012 08:11 PM
Discussion E-Flite Su-26 and E-flite Extra 260 repair Joe Slow Crash Discussion 1 Sep 27, 2011 11:50 AM