HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by kdean, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 03:06 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,469 Posts
Mini-HowTo
Carbon Fiber Upper Frames for V400D02

This is a much needed upgrade for this delicate beginners cp heli. I got the sheet of 2mm think carbon fiber from rcfoam.com. I did this project over 3 days, but total time spent measuring, drilling, cutting, and fileing was only about one hour.

Link to cf sheet
http://www.rcfoam.com/product_info.p...f817010d2c8568

Link to cutting tool bit
http://www.wowhobbies.com/utp-u33di5...ttingdisk.aspx

:ALWAYS WEAR A PROTECTIVE MASK WHEN WORKING WITH CARBON FIBER:
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Last edited by kdean; Apr 12, 2012 at 07:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2012, 05:40 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
1,996 Posts
I found that v450 allen head screws are a bit longer and allen head l but ur already done. Looking good , but i hope for my bro to cut some for me ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
This is a much needed upgrade for this delicate beginners cp heli. I got the sheet of 2mm think carbon fiber from rcfoam.com. I did this project over 3 days, but total time spent measuring, drilling, cutting, and fileing was only about one hour.

:ALWAYS WEAR A PROTECTIVE MASK WHEN WORKING WITH CARBON FIBER:
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Apr 12, 2012, 07:03 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
I found that v450 allen head screws are a bit longer and allen head l but ur already done. Looking good , but i hope for my bro to cut some for me ,

Good find Biggie,

I hate the tiny phillips screw heads, that if you dont have the right size driver tip, they get eaten away to easily.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean