HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 12, 2012, 02:55 AM
United States, CA, Norco
Joined Feb 2007
443 Posts
Discussion
Grab the old style Macs headers and tuned pipes while you can

Hey everybody,

Just wanted to give a heads up to those thinking of using the oldstyle header and tuned pipe combination from MacsPro. I called them for tech support and had a rather unpleasant conversation with who I believe was the owner of Macs about him stopping production on them in lew of the new style black one piece non tuned pipes.

I called for tech support about some trouble I was having with a tuned pipe setup and well he frankly was not very interested in the old stuff. I had recently bought a pretuned setup for a 45 OS and was reading the direction that came in the package and it refered to a propellor I never head of zingali or something like that, I asked the guy if he new where get them and he said we haven't bought any propellors in a long time. I was kinda shocked that here is a company that makes exhaust systems and is not testing any of the product with current propellors.

I have not been happy with this guy and it's a shame cause the product's seemed to be good quality.Of the times I called for tech support and got him he's just been a real jerk. Didn't seem like he wanted to help me out on the older stuff at all. I do understand that he probably wants to sell the new stuff, but if that's the case then he shouldn't offer the old if he can't be bothered with supporting it.

Once I called, he answered, said he was on the other line, took down my name, ph# and even ask for me my zipcode and said he'd call me right back. 40 minutes later I called him back and he didn't even remember taking the call. Horrible tech support.

All I can say is get what you can and preferably not directly from the company as he signed a no discount clause with with his clients and has to charge full retail prices. $130 for a OS 40-45 FSR pre tuned sytsem. At least that's what he told me and charged me. I won't buy from him again and If I can help it won't buy new at all.

This guy is a real piece of ------ work!
Roguedog is offline Find More Posts by Roguedog
Last edited by Roguedog; Apr 12, 2012 at 03:42 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:28 AM
West Coast Director, CPA
Simi Valley, California
Joined Jan 2010
743 Posts
Market opportunity!!!!!
Vertigo II is offline Find More Posts by Vertigo II
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:16 PM
Suspended Account
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Jan 2012
239 Posts
Maybe someone from Mac's Headers can chime in here and let us know what's going on. With the upsurgence of Classic Pattern (CP), there is going to be a be a larger market for their products on the 60 size engines.

I've used Mac headers in the past and was always super happy with the quality and proformance.

Frank
countilaw is offline Find More Posts by countilaw
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)