SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by MuscleCBT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 01:40 AM
MuscleCBT
SF
Joined Apr 2006
42 Posts
Trader Rating: 119
Wanted
The pair of dihedral braces for a Bird of Time wing

The Bird of Time glider has a pair of dihedral braces between the center section and both outboard panels. Does anybody have a pair of these for sale or know where I could get a pair fabricated....? The manufacturer wants to either sell me a whole wing or a whole kit!
MuscleCBT is offline Find More Posts by MuscleCBT
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2012, 02:54 AM
Joined Apr 2005
401 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Purchased some parts for the BOT a couple of years ago and you can still order individual parts: http://www.dynaflite.com/parts/gpma0570pl.html.

However, the balsa parts I received were hard and heavy and just useable as patterns for cutting out new parts from more suitable balsa. The plywood polyhedral braces should be OK, however, there is that shipping charge of $8.99 per order.

Definitely less costly to download the page of the BOT manual that has the die cut patterns to get the proper angle of the braces and cut the ply pieces yourself.
Hope this helps.
HIR/Cer is offline Find More Posts by HIR/Cer
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:54 AM
MuscleCBT
SF
Joined Apr 2006
42 Posts
Thank you....

....but I had tried to buy the parts from Dynaflite already. They said the polyhedral braces were not available by themselves even though their webpage makes it appear as if they are.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Apr 2005
401 Posts
According the the manual, the ply die cut sheet BDTMW15 will have two polyhedral braces, two small LE braces, and a fuselage doubler. Did you order using that part ID?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 06:26 PM
MuscleCBT
SF
Joined Apr 2006
42 Posts
It's the...

It's the aluminum doublers to the plywood braces that they say they don't sell, have no idea why....
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:10 PM
Mr. Head
Redding, CA
Joined Feb 2006
90 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
PM Sent . . . . .
c55834 is offline Find More Posts by c55834
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:23 PM
Joined Apr 2005
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleCBT View Post
It's the aluminum doublers to the plywood braces that they say they don't sell, have no idea why....
Did not realize till now that you have the ARF Bird of Time. Too bad they don't sell those parts separately.
Old May 09, 2012, 08:29 PM
United States, IL, Lostant
Joined Oct 2004
1 Posts
Bird of Time ARF WIng Joiners

I got the ARF kit and its missing the wing joiners both the AL and the plywood pieces, and I cant find anyone who can send me a pattern for them. Same problem, anyone have an ARF they can send us a template of the shape?
furledd is online now Find More Posts by furledd
Old May 11, 2012, 06:14 AM
Registered Rebuilder
United States, MD, Potomac
Joined Feb 2004
108 Posts
Trader Rating: 37
Here's a scan

I just traced my ARF wing joiners. I put this plane together several years ago and my recollection is that some sanding was required to get them to fit in the wings. The difference in height is small between the two ends of each joiner but the larger end does not fit in the wing tip section of either side.
jduvall is offline Find More Posts by jduvall