HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:17 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2 Posts
Help!
T34 R/C Helicopter

I ve had my Swift T34 Helicopter since Christmas, but only started using it 2 days ago because the weather is just now right for flying. Having trouble getting the helo off the ground. Feels and sounds like not enough power. New batteries in the controler and battery in the bird is fully charged by the green light on the charger. There is a big power boost when the left and right trim knob is turned fully to the left. I m still very new to flying these, so I ve reset everything to the factory default, and still won t get off the ground. Anyone having the same trouble? anyone that can give me help or point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. Thanks again
waltoninn is offline Find More Posts by waltoninn
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2012, 03:28 PM
Steve
United Kingdom, Staffordshire
Joined Jan 2012
156 Posts
The standard batteries supplied by MJX leave a lot to be desired - some are OK'ish and some are useless. Do you have access to another 7.4v lipo battery?
Chester1 is offline Find More Posts by Chester1
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:24 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltoninn View Post
I ve had my Swift T34 Helicopter since Christmas, but only started using it 2 days ago because the weather is just now right for flying. Having trouble getting the helo off the ground. Feels and sounds like not enough power. New batteries in the controler and battery in the bird is fully charged by the green light on the charger. There is a big power boost when the left and right trim knob is turned fully to the left. I m still very new to flying these, so I ve reset everything to the factory default, and still won t get off the ground. Anyone having the same trouble? anyone that can give me help or point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. Thanks again
If you have a tester check that you have about 8.4V when charged. Also check each cell on the balance plug to see if they are each ~4.2V, ie 'balanced'. If the cells have significantly different voltages, it can cause your symptoms, and the battery should be replaced.

For long term storage I fly a fully charged battery about 2 minutes. That gets them pretty close to a good storage voltage of about 3.8 to 3.9V per cell. There are a lot of opinions about correct storage voltage but in th 3.75 to 3.9V range per cell (or 7.6 to 7.8V total for your T34 battery) I have stored several for 1+ year with no apparent capacity loss.

Also, make sure you have the correct blades on the top and bottom and that there is absolutely no damage to the safety edge, or the heli will not fly.

Let us know how it goes.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Apr 16, 2012, 02:50 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2 Posts
T-34

Thanks to all who replyed to my pleas for help. Took the Helo to a Hobby shop who sells helo s but the more expensive models, After taking a look at the unit, he said he was not familiar with my bird, but after checking the battery voltages he said they appeared to be ok. He did say however that he thought my problem might be in the Lower Blade motor as that blade turns at one speed at all times and should be as fast as the upper one. He said it may also be in the receiver where like a computer in a car, it controls different speeds. Hopefully, it may be narrowed down to one of those two items. Many thanks again to you guys for your help Dan Martin
waltoninn is offline Find More Posts by waltoninn