HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 04, 2013, 04:13 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Mr Kamikaze's Avatar
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by siang View Post
Hi, I know this is off topic but please feel free to delete it if if doesn't fit. I've a Katana mini that have a slipped gear shaft in the carbon gear box. Is there anywhere I can find the parts or even the gear box? I also have the thrust 20 motor from my ex-addiction. Should I just use that and is there anywhere I can find picture to show how to mount the thrust 20 on my mini katana. Thank you in advance.
I'm not familiar with the Katana Mini with the gearbox setup. However if it has the motorbox as shown in the coloured pic below then the other series of pics show you how it should mount. Note they are not from the Katana Mini but it mounts the same way.
Mr Kamikaze is online now Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:28 AM
Registered User
aerofundan's Avatar
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by siang View Post
Hi, I know this is off topic but please feel free to delete it if if doesn't fit. I've a Katana mini that have a slipped gear shaft in the carbon gear box. Is there anywhere I can find the parts or even the gear box? I also have the thrust 20 motor from my ex-addiction. Should I just use that and is there anywhere I can find picture to show how to mount the thrust 20 on my mini katana. Thank you in advance.
Give PA Australia a call to check if there is any chance they still have parts for the gearbox!
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2013, 04:32 PM
TEAM FUTABA
kitman's Avatar
Ohio
Joined Dec 2002
325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randino View Post
Has anyone used aileron servos larger than the recommended 21 gram servos (Hitec 5085MG, included with the "iPAs power" package)?
I used the 5085MGs and they are a perfect match!
kitman is offline Find More Posts by kitman
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2013, 07:57 PM
RC Flier
radcon56's Avatar
Joined Mar 2013
2 Posts
This Plane is AWESOME! I have to have one...NOW!!!
radcon56 is offline Find More Posts by radcon56
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2013, 08:56 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Mr Kamikaze's Avatar
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radcon56 View Post
This Plane is AWESOME! I have to have one...NOW!!!
http://www.precisionaerobatics.com/home.php

Mr Kamikaze is online now Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2013, 09:19 AM
StevieT.
United States, NC, Cary
Joined Apr 2011
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitman View Post
I used the 5085MGs and they are a perfect match!
5085s are better-suited for planes around 51" with around 750W of power. I'm sure you can fly this plane with them, but that wasn't my question.

If you look at planes by 3DHS, EF, or aeroworks, they all recommend 28-31 gram servos for planes this size (700-750 sq. in.)
Randino is offline Find More Posts by Randino
Last edited by Randino; Mar 06, 2013 at 09:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2013, 12:20 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
61 Posts
perhap, but their planes are way havier...I do have now around 200 flights on the 5085's ...now at the start of the season, I will replace them. I am testing some new Blue-Bird 590 DMH (with new electronics)..let's see if they are as good as the Hitec ones
Jonathan (France)
lecaidduvol is offline Find More Posts by lecaidduvol
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2013, 02:44 PM
StevieT.
United States, NC, Cary
Joined Apr 2011
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecaidduvol View Post
perhap, but their planes are way havier...
Weight is irrelevant since servos are ultimately just moving air. The load on the servo is a factor of how much air (surface area) and its speed (roughly, the motor's power output)
Randino is offline Find More Posts by Randino
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2013, 03:30 PM
Precision Aerobatics Team
demonGti's Avatar
South Africa, GP, Randburg
Joined Dec 2006
1,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randino View Post
Weight is irrelevant since servos are ultimately just moving air. The load on the servo is a factor of how much air (surface area) and its speed (roughly, the motor's power output)
well that formula must be somewhat irrelevant, because thousands of EMX's and KMX's are flying all over the world on PA suggested servos without issue
demonGti is offline Find More Posts by demonGti
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2013, 03:35 PM
Byron C
3DeltaFly's Avatar
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2011
722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecaidduvol View Post
perhap, but their planes are way havier...I do have now around 200 flights on the 5085's ...now at the start of the season, I will replace them. I am testing some new Blue-Bird 590 DMH (with new electronics)..let's see if they are as good as the Hitec ones
Jonathan (France)
I've logged 526 flights on my 5085s' and they're still going strong. But I keep an eye on them for any twitching during movement that would point to potentiometer wear etc. But as long as they're working smoothly I'll keep flying them.
3DeltaFly is offline Find More Posts by 3DeltaFly
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2013, 03:40 PM
The Earth got in the way!
kuczy's Avatar
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,230 Posts
I think I'm going to sell mine. If anyone is looking for a red one full iPA with the bling package shoot me a PM.

The KMX is an awesome plane. I just need some cash.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kuczy; Mar 06, 2013 at 08:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 07, 2013, 01:02 PM
Registered User
Pete Thomas's Avatar
Lakewood, Washington
Joined Sep 2008
308 Posts
I just order a red KMX yesterday along with the Thrust 50 motor. I have plenty of fresh 30C 2200 batteries that I use on my Addiction X. I have four new Hitec 5245 MG servos that I was going to use on an abandoned project. Will they be suitable for the KMX? I also have a spare Castle Ice Lite 75 that I plan to use. Any feedback is welcomed.

Thanks, Pete
Pete Thomas is offline Find More Posts by Pete Thomas
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 07, 2013, 07:08 PM
Freedom isn't Free
BearBow's Avatar
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Oct 2012
954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Thomas View Post
I just order a red KMX yesterday along with the Thrust 50 motor. I have plenty of fresh 30C 2200 batteries that I use on my Addiction X. I have four new Hitec 5245 MG servos that I was going to use on an abandoned project. Will they be suitable for the KMX? I also have a spare Castle Ice Lite 75 that I plan to use. Any feedback is welcomed.

Thanks, Pete
That'll make a very clean setup.
BearBow is offline Find More Posts by BearBow
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08, 2013, 06:26 PM
The Earth got in the way!
kuczy's Avatar
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,230 Posts
Well.....
I did it.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1847739
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2013, 09:47 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Rocklin
Joined Sep 2003
370 Posts
anyone use a Torque 4016T/500 MKII motor in this plane
rcpilot_971 is offline Find More Posts by rcpilot_971
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Precision Aerobatics Katana Mini -- Purple -- NIB Garret H Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Apr 14, 2012 10:16 AM
Sold NIB Precision Aerobatics Katana MD cloudsplitter Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Apr 06, 2012 04:23 PM
Link NIB Precision Aerobatics Katana MD cloudsplitter Atlanta Area RC 1 Apr 01, 2012 06:23 PM
For Sale Precision Aerobatics Extra MX - LPU only TracM99 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Mar 31, 2012 01:44 PM