HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:32 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearBow View Post
Two questions....is there an advantage to using 2-3s/2200 batteries vice a single 6s? Why one way over the other?
Also can you change the PA Quantum EAC to 6.0v output vice 4.8?, like you can with a Castle? How?
Thx....just starting my build re KMX.
The esc comes with 5.6V output and it can't be changed, but at that voltage it is perfect for most servos and receivers.
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:34 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearBow View Post
Is 15x7 or15x8 the preferred prop? Anyone tried 16x6 or x8? Is it too much prop wash or not?
If you are not into really hard 3d flying, the 15x7 is probably the best prop to start with, if after using it you feel you need a bit more power, the 15x8 is the prop to use! Personally i fly the 15x8 prop, but it does have a TON of power so it can make 3D a bit tricky if you are not used to being really smooth with the throttle! If thats the case then 15x7 will work better for you! overall those two props are great! the 16x6 is also good but its totally suited for slower style flying, it works awesome too! it is just not a very fast prop.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:32 PM
Freedom isn't Free
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Oct 2012
951 Posts
Thanks Dan.
BearBow is offline Find More Posts by BearBow
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:09 PM
StevieT.
United States, NC, Cary
Joined Apr 2011
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p91304 View Post
This is one of my favorites, just cruisin along slow, smooth and easy.
This always got me stoked for 3D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLdVv2eBR8U
I never thought of powering one of my planes with a coffee grinder. Great flying!
Randino is offline Find More Posts by Randino
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:30 PM
Joined Mar 2012
60 Posts
just a little question for me to see if I am stupid or not...I feel the cowling from the KMX to be very tight and quite impossible to install...any trick I do not know?
Thanks for help
Jonathan (France)
lecaidduvol is offline Find More Posts by lecaidduvol
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:15 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,226 Posts
Mine was super tight as well. In fact mine slightly cracked trying to get it over the fuse. My AMR was the same way. It took a long time to get it to fit but, once you get it on it'll go on easier from then on.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:20 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,360 Posts
You may have to slightly sand down the outer corners of the motor box, as in round them off a bit. This gives a bit more clearance to push the cowl further on.
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:14 AM
Joined Mar 2012
60 Posts
that is what I was thinking...I only did not want to damage the covering...but anyway I found an other way....I did try to install the cowling BEFORE I installed the motor mount (just to see what the plane looks like). Installing the cowling in an angle of 45 did help. So I just had to pull it back slowly...now it get off and on without any problem and I can glue the motor mount in.
Regards
JOnathan(France)
lecaidduvol is offline Find More Posts by lecaidduvol
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:50 PM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,478 Posts
Do you want to be a PA team pilot?

Precision Aerobatics is now expanding its' team. We are looking for experienced pilots interested in becoming a part of our US team. Product knowledge means as much as flying ability. If you enjoy flying, building or just helping others, please send a resume with links to your flying videos and your contact info to Jim@precisionaerobatics.com and Daniel@precisionaerobatics.com
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:58 PM
StevieT.
United States, NC, Cary
Joined Apr 2011
353 Posts
What's wrong with this company? I'm trying to save a picture of this plane so I can post it to facebook as free advertising for PA, but when I right-click on a picture from their website, I get a popup message that says "Copyright @ Precision Aerobatics. All rights reserved".

Of course, I'm not a complete idiot, so this annoying message is just that annoying. After inspecting the HTML, I found the URL for the image and saved it, so this clever javascript programmer has done nothing but piss off a potential customer.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 02:29 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,226 Posts
There is nothing wrong with this company. They just do a better job than most at protecting their investment from being copied by China. Their pictures, manuals, and planes are theirs. Buy the plane if you want to post pictures of it.....
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:23 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan View Post
Do you want to be a PA team pilot?

Precision Aerobatics is now expanding its' team. We are looking for experienced pilots interested in becoming a part of our US team. Product knowledge means as much as flying ability. If you enjoy flying, building or just helping others, please send a resume with links to your flying videos and your contact info to Jim@precisionaerobatics.com and Daniel@precisionaerobatics.com
Wow! what a great thing to do. Can't wait to see how the team expands and you guys keep building in the new direction.

Cheers
Brett
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:22 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
there is nothing wrong with this company. They just do a better job than most at protecting their investment from being copied by china. Their pictures, manuals, and planes are theirs. Buy the plane if you want to post pictures of it.....
+100000:d
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Feb 08, 2013, 04:09 AM
Kristian Batenburg DK
Denmark
Joined Nov 2007
37 Posts
Measurements

Hi

I currently have the ExtraMX, and plan on building a wooden box in order to protect the fuse when transporting it to the flying field on my bicycle-trailer

However, I hope to get a KatanaMX in the future, so I want to build the box large enough to fit the Katana in as well.

Would it be possible for one of you guys to measure the tail width and height, the height of the fuse when standing on the ground, as well as the wing's length near the fuse? I imagine that the Katana will differ a little from the Extra at these particular points, in addition to the total fuse length and wingspan of course. If any of you have both models and can contribute with some more info, it will be well appreciated

Best Regards
Kristian, Denmark
KristianDK is offline Find More Posts by KristianDK
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:15 AM
StevieT.
United States, NC, Cary
Joined Apr 2011
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
They just do a better job than most at protecting their investment from being copied by China.
Anyone who knows how to reverse engineer an airplane from a few low-res photos certainly knows how to hit the "print screen" button on their PC. Or, by "protecting their investment from being copied", perhaps you were suggesting PA's strategy is to be a minor player with a small customer base.

BTW, PA airplanes are made in China.