DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
13,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX View Post
good things come to those who wait
Can't wait for the next AMR?????
Is there something some of us don't know?
I dont think we have missed any info... but it has been suggested by customers on numerous occasions that it would be desirable to see a larger AMR

Adad~ Good to see you cruising the threads, I just wanted to give you a big thumbs up on the prop quivers you offer. I have been using and loving the electric quiver for the last few seasons and finally got the larger gas quiver on my last order. These are so very well made and I am certain they will serve me for years to come.
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Racing anyone?
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:48 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,007 Posts
I was given a hint back in June that something bigger than the KMX was in the works. Then there was another hint on the AMR thread so we kinda jumped to the conclusion that the larger plane was to be an Ultimate, but who knows.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hangar 9 P-40b
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:19 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,183 Posts
i remember the speculation a while ago,and yes a bigger AMR will be awsome.30cc big
hint hint
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:04 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
1,140 Posts
Guys, I regret to report that I smashed the living @&#%* out of blue KMX no. 2 on the hard sand down the beach!! Oops..

I was doing some very tail-slidey TR's at the time, over and over, drifting downwind each time with big tailslide then 'catching' it at the last second before hitting ground.. then dumb thumbs! At least I pulled off a big tidy full throttle one roll loop during the last flight - felt awesome! plus I was REALLY enjoying fast low KE passing over the water to over the sand. Anyway, the fuse exploded,.both wing tips mashed and front end squished.. ie totalled!

I'm not too upset as I was flying satisfyingly hard, and i got about 600 flights on it, plus I am building my next one now...needs new spinner and other accessories before I'm up again though. i haven't got any other planes running at the moment, so I'm grounded for a couple of weeks till i can afford the parts i need..unless I rip out the VG's from the damaged wings, and hammer flat a spinner backplate!! ; )

Cheers, Natesh
teshiecat is offline Find More Posts by teshiecat
Last edited by teshiecat; Dec 06, 2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:17 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
1,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
I was given a hint back in June that something bigger than the KMX was in the works. Then there was another hint on the AMR thread so we kinda jumped to the conclusion that the larger plane was to be an Ultimate, but who knows.
I was dreaming about a huge, thrust 50-powered addiction the other day, but I'd definitely love a huge AMR!!
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:36 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
13,779 Posts
Sorry to hear that Tesh, but glad you have another in the works

The key for big bipes, is going to be setup time; I am confident PA can pull it off.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:49 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
1,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
Sorry to hear that Tesh, but glad you have another in the works

The key for big bipes, is going to be setup time; I am confident PA can pull it off.
Thanks mate! i'm not too disappointed as I really did get my money's worth with . . . Plus it is very easy to store now as the fuse folds in half nicely!
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:40 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
13,779 Posts
LOL! Its always refreshing to see someone take a loss with a good attitude, not always easy to do; Kudos.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:20 PM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,183 Posts
Darn tesh sorry to hear
did you really have 600 flights on it already???jees,don't u work
post some pica of the carnage
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:41 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
1,140 Posts
Quote:
Darn tesh sorry to hear
did you really have 600 flights on it already???jees,don't u work
post some pica of the carnage
you got it, I work part time and get the morning and afternoon /eve to fly. I've got nine 6S 2200 packs, and can recharge all of them in parallel at 30A through my icharger 3010B in about 25 mins at about 1.5C, at the field on my running car or at home.. so luckily it's quick to get back in the air!

the carnage is pretty standard looking.. fuse blew out all over as a wing hit the ground.. lots of balsa and cf sticks fell out of the fuse and it is now floppy and twisty.

the other day I was flying and I got a little kid at the park to take some photos of the KMX flying in a spectacular sunset..

Name: 2012-11-30 20.15.50.jpg
Views: 31
Size: 72.0 KB
Description:

Name: 2012-11-30 20.15.33.jpg
Views: 36
Size: 85.2 KB
Description:

Name: 2012-11-30 20.15.29.jpg
Views: 31
Size: 73.3 KB
Description:

Name: 2012-11-30 20.16.19.jpg
Views: 32
Size: 55.3 KB
Description:

Name: 2012-11-30 20.17.29.jpg
Views: 29
Size: 75.5 KB
Description:

Name: 2012-11-30 20.16.05.jpg
Views: 34
Size: 55.9 KB
Description:
Last edited by teshiecat; Dec 07, 2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:52 PM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,183 Posts
jees can I come work where you work wish I had so much time to fly.would be heaven
some guys use their offtime to hang in stripbars,I;d rather be flying
those are some darn pretty pics
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:11 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
1,140 Posts
Quote:
jees can I come work where you work wish I had so much time to fly.would be heaven
some guys use their offtime to hang in stripbars,I;d rather be flying
those are some darn pretty pics
Yep, I agree buddy! More flying time instead of hanging out in strip bars.. actually flying on the beach the other day was a bit like flying at a strip bar, as there were quite a few bikini-clad women around.. no wonder I crashed!!!!!

BTW could anyone tell me how bad or not it is to fly my KMX on the beach.. How long would it take for the salt in the air take to corrode wires/motor windings/servo electronics etc.. I am thinking of having one kmx for the beach, night flying and other riskier adventures.. like the other day when i took it into the hills near Adelaide, chucked it off the edge of a cliff.. i was flying around BELOW myself in a huge valley, then had no choice but to harrier spot land in a 4 x 5 m area.. scary but fun
landing!
Last edited by teshiecat; Dec 08, 2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:21 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,241 Posts
Hey Tesh was sorry to hear about your dumb thumber. Good to see you can get over it and back on the horse.

I fly on a coastal slope with gliders and there is no worries with corrosion etc that you can see or notice in servo wires etc. The metal clevises rust quicker than my inland park flyers but it still takes ages. I reckon you'll be fine.
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:38 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
13,779 Posts
My planes have held up to beach flying and corrosion, but my FPV antennas that have not been plastic-dipped rust within 1-2 days.

Corrosion-X is the miracle from what I hear. Most of the beach flyers I hook up with paint every piece of equipment with it from Rx to ESC to servos and connections.

I will admit I have had issues with sand getting in motors though- mostly on StrykerQ and other belly landers... so I have gotten proficient with "the catch"

A must have for the flight bag, if you are flying down on the beach and not off the cliffs, is a can of compressed air. It will get sand out without a headache.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:52 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teshiecat View Post
Yep, I agree buddy! More flying time instead of hanging out in strip bars.. actually flying on the beach the other day was a bit like flying at a strip bar, as there were quite a few bikini-clad women around.. no wonder I crashed!!!!!

BTW could anyone tell me how bad or not it is to fly my KMX on the beach.. How long would it take for the salt in the air take to corrode wires/motor windings/servo electronics etc.. I am thinking of having one kmx for the beach, night flying and other riskier adventures.. like the other day when i took it into the hills near Adelaide, chucked it off the edge of a cliff.. i was flying around BELOW myself in a huge valley, then had no choice but to harrier spot land in a 4 x 5 m area.. scary but fun
landing!
hahahahahahhahaha.see darn woman always clinch usif they don;t moan about us flying,then they cause a crashbut tbh I'd crash a plane with a smile lookin at a perdy lady on the beach
still sucks though.had an absolute ball today with my addy,and just want a KMX more!!!!DemonGti had absolute rediculious fun with his green monster