HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 20, 2012, 05:41 AM
Byron C
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2011
707 Posts
Super covering scheme. Looks fantastic!

The thinner main wing airfoil has several advantages, including a bit more drive system efficiency at "cruise" speed due to less drag. Should make for some rather aggressive "blenders" too. Can't wait for a "test drive"
3DeltaFly is offline Find More Posts by 3DeltaFly
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:37 PM
What will happen if ....Oh....
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined Oct 2007
316 Posts
Great flying Shaun, and I am happy you finally got a sunny day in Sydney for the photos!

I agree it is a very tidy looking kit. So who is going to get to fly it at SEFF? I just looked at the 10 day weather forecast for SEFF and it is looking good. I can't wait for the videos!
OSOFAM is offline Find More Posts by OSOFAM
Old Apr 20, 2012, 08:52 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSOFAM View Post
Great flying Shaun, and I am happy you finally got a sunny day in Sydney for the photos!

I agree it is a very tidy looking kit. So who is going to get to fly it at SEFF? I just looked at the 10 day weather forecast for SEFF and it is looking good. I can't wait for the videos!
oh,grapevine chatter I heard today was one indeed will debut at SEFF.
thursday or friday ish if all goes well.
Manta1 is online now Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Apr 21, 2012, 02:28 PM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,327 Posts
YOU are correct sir!!! I will be at self, and the KMX is on its way. I cannot wait to fly it for sure. I am coming in Wednesday... Hopefully it will be built by the afternoon. Chris will be there, and will be able to start building it before I get there. I can promise you I will have a video posted soon after maidens just like the bandit last year...
mtwargo is offline Find More Posts by mtwargo
Old Apr 21, 2012, 06:35 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,145 Posts
Awsome! You got one coming too then! Dual Katanas on the demo.Chris is gonna maiden the one sent to him at a different field wednesday as to keep with AMA rules if all goes to plan.Ill get some video of the maiden of course.Showing on thursday. Should be good. See you there
Old Apr 21, 2012, 09:42 PM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Oct 2008
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
Awsome! You got one coming too then! Dual Katanas on the demo.Chris is gonna maiden the one sent to him at a different field wednesday as to keep with AMA rules if all goes to plan.Ill get some video of the maiden of course.Showing on thursday. Should be good. See you there
I guess I got my information wrong... I have been talking to shaun. The one is being sent and chris was gonna start building it was my info... I am not getting the second one. As far as I know... I am bringing the tail servos I thought. Oh well... we'll get it straightened out... The bandit prototype went to me here in orlando last year. Dan and I assembled and maddened them, then took to seff.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 11:12 PM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Oct 2008
1,327 Posts
Definitely only one going to Seff as far as I know... OTher is being built and will be at Joe Nall.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 02:31 PM
Team Hitec, Team PA
United States, IN, Winamac
Joined Jan 2006
90 Posts
The KMX for SEFF has left the "building". It will be in Georgia on Wednesday and should be a quick build. A lot of prep work has been completed due to the short timeline.

Good Luck Chris and Michael!! Have fun and don't scratch it!!

Regards,

Jim
Team PA
zemkes_wolfpack is offline Find More Posts by zemkes_wolfpack
Last edited by zemkes_wolfpack; Apr 23, 2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 06:02 PM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Oct 2008
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zemkes_wolfpack View Post
The KMX for SEFF has left the "building". It will be in Georgia on Wednesday and should be a quick build. A lot of prep work has been completed due to the short timeline.

Good Luck Chris and Michael!! Have fun and don't scratch it!!

Regards,

Jim
Team PA
Thanks Jim... I am excited to fly it. Hopefully we can finish it, and I will be able to fly it a bit wednesday. I would like to have a few flights before the noon demo... I really appreciate the effort, and I know the building you did will be impeccable. YOur building skills are so much better than mine for sure. Chris will probably finish it...

MIchael
Old Apr 23, 2012, 07:09 PM
"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"
USA, GA, Macon
Joined Oct 2008
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo View Post
Thanks Jim... I am excited to fly it. Hopefully we can finish it, and I will be able to fly it a bit wednesday. I would like to have a few flights before the noon demo... I really appreciate the effort, and I know the building you did will be impeccable. YOur building skills are so much better than mine for sure. Chris will probably finish it...

MIchael
Yep should be done in no time. Let's all keep our fingers crossed fore some calm weather! I'm sure we will post some flight reports... Provided we can pull ourselves away from the TX long enough to type
Evel Knievel is offline Find More Posts by Evel Knievel
Old Apr 23, 2012, 07:45 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,616 Posts
I'll fly it you can type
bildo baggins is online now Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Apr 23, 2012, 07:58 PM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Oct 2008
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins View Post
I'll fly it you can type
when you pry it from my cold dead hands...
Old Apr 23, 2012, 08:06 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,145 Posts
Haha! 3d flightline got the hay bailed and out of the way today. Game time tomorrow so it should be ready for huckin first thing tomorrow. Wind wind go away but we gonna huck anyway.
Theres a fully equiped work shop on premises with anything needed for assembling, fabricating or designing planes. It can be assebled on a build table with foam on top as not not ding or scratch it. Im hopin for a pull on the sticks after noon demos are out of the way. Katanas are a favorite of mine. Chris has been picking at me for weeks telling me i was gonna love it. I guessed every frame i could think of but a katana. Haha.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 08:07 PM
Altitude is my friend...
Southern California
Joined May 2009
1,362 Posts
Did I miss it somewhere in this thread? What's the overall length, spinner tip to rudder trailing edge?

I have slightly over 54" available for the fuse in the back seat of my 2006 Civic, and that'll be the determining factor. With the rudder fully deflected, my Slick 59 just barely fits...
Depronicus is offline Find More Posts by Depronicus
Old Apr 23, 2012, 08:58 PM
"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"
USA, GA, Macon
Joined Oct 2008
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depronicus View Post
Did I miss it somewhere in this thread? What's the overall length, spinner tip to rudder trailing edge?

I have slightly over 54" available for the fuse in the back seat of my 2006 Civic, and that'll be the determining factor. With the rudder fully deflected, my Slick 59 just barely fits...
We will know Wednesday...
Evel Knievel is offline Find More Posts by Evel Knievel