HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:00 PM
Deer Park, Tx (East side of Houston)
Joined Oct 2009
161 Posts
Question
What size bullet motor / esc connectors?

I guess I've just been lucky but up to now every time I've purchased a motor and speed controller one or the other came with the bullet connectors for use between esc and motor. Now I've got a new CC Ice 75 and Hacker A40-10S and neither came with connector. The motor is rated for 50 amp max and esc is 75amp. I don't know what size connector to use?
DanWard is offline Find More Posts by DanWard
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:36 AM
Retired in NC
USA, NC, Wilmington
Joined Sep 2010
2,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanWard View Post
I guess I've just been lucky but up to now every time I've purchased a motor and speed controller one or the other came with the bullet connectors for use between esc and motor. Now I've got a new CC Ice 75 and Hacker A40-10S and neither came with connector. The motor is rated for 50 amp max and esc is 75amp. I don't know what size connector to use?
You are at the high end for 3.5 mm bullet conectors and on the low end for 4.0 mm connectors so either will be fine. Use the 3.5 if you are tight on space.
Rich in ILM is offline Find More Posts by Rich in ILM
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:45 AM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,323 Posts
Also you could just solder the motor wires directly to the ESC wires. Slightly less resistance that way, and since all CC controllers have the programming option to reverse the motor, you don't need to make sure the motor turns the correct direction.
Pete
pilotpete2 is online now Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Apr 13, 2012, 07:49 AM
Deer Park, Tx (East side of Houston)
Joined Oct 2009
161 Posts
Thanks for the help. LHS only had 5mm Castle CReation bullet connectors. Sounds like they are bigger than I needed but it is what is available. Might just solder them.

Thanks again
DanWard is offline Find More Posts by DanWard