HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:30 PM
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Mar 2004
3,052 Posts
I've got the "Microlux" mini.. For small-med.. maybe even larger stock it seems to work well. The fence is sturdy, doesn't flex or move. The motor is powerful enough to rip spruce or bass.. It works great for hobby grade apps.. and if nots big enough for the job.. well.. I've got a bigger one too. These small saws fill a great void though of having to haul out the big guns.

I looked at the Harbor-Freight unit also.. not bad.. I'm thinking it was about $39 or so.. I'm very pleased though I waited and got the Microlux.. Good luck to you.

Here's a link, and a pic..

http://www.micromark.com/MicroLux-Mi...ign=GoogleBase
DGrant is online now Find More Posts by DGrant
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2012, 08:18 PM
B for Bruce
The 'Wack, BC, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
10,883 Posts
OK, the wet saws are a non starter for this. There's no ability to raise or lower the blade.

I just bought a cheapie last evening to see me through a couple of tile jobs with my house renos. I thought perhaps I'd be able to use it as a hobby table saw as well. But the lack of adjustable blade height makes it a total write off for re-sawing sheet stock into strip stock.

The issue is that if you're sawing 1/4 sq from sheet you REALLY DO NOT want an inch or more of blade above the wood. That gets dangerous in a hurry.
BMatthews is offline Find More Posts by BMatthews