HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 11, 2012, 06:16 PM
United States, NY, CENTRAL VLY
Joined May 2011
1,029 Posts
Question
Non-flying FPV, newbie question.

Over the Winter, my sons and I have put down the planes and picked up the 1/16 scale tanks. We've been having a blast battling it out in the backyard with the IR systems while waiting for the winds to die down.

After catching a few POV you tube tank videos, I'd love to add another level to the fight by battling via FPV, only I have zero knowledge and after a few hours of searching and reading, I'm even more confused.

I wouldn't need HD, to record or pan, sound, etc. or even any distance over 100'. It could even be line of sight. What I'd like to know is if can be as simple as ordering one of those $60-80 Tx/Rx/Cam systems from HK and hooking it up to a battery and monitor?

Can the monitor be a TV, computer (Mac) or iPad?

I need to get three complete systems, so any recommendations that are low-end would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.
ausf is offline Find More Posts by ausf
to remove ads between posts