HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 11, 2012, 06:00 PM
Vermont
Joined Dec 2003
840 Posts
Discussion
Another hobbyking suck story

well I thought the bent motor was bad enough but now I found out one of the hk 18-20 esc's I got from hobby king is also defective. I don't intend this thread to go on at all, I just want folks to know how shady these snakes are. They always (can you tell I have been through this before with them?) say I can send it back but it costs more for me to ship it then the product. Every one thinks its like magic that they are so cheap. I thought I saved money ordering from hobbyking but now I have to order 4 new motors and four new ESC's, that is not savings. Maybe I will just order one from their US warehouse and say its broken when I get it and send this on back. "Thats what happens when you &*^% a stranger in the ass". -The Big Lebowski
spacecase is offline Find More Posts by spacecase
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2012, 06:28 PM
Always Excel >>>
United States
Joined Mar 2012
1,545 Posts
My father used to say "I'm not rich enough to buy cheap things" :-)
..Ben
BenHayat is online now Find More Posts by BenHayat
Old Apr 11, 2012, 06:47 PM
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
8,322 Posts
buy cheap, buy twice
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Dji fpv hub
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:20 PM
United States, CO, Golden
Joined Aug 2011
431 Posts
If one out of ten things is bad, I am still ahead. You just need to expect it. I still end out ahead in the end. If you want customer service, buy local and pay for it.
Rifraf is offline Find More Posts by Rifraf
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:41 PM
Old new guy
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Sep 2004
3,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifraf View Post
If one out of ten things is bad, I am still ahead. You just need to expect it. I still end out ahead in the end. If you want customer service, buy local and pay for it.
This...is true.
TheX is offline Find More Posts by TheX
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:27 PM
Joined Jan 2012
404 Posts
Like stupid RCtimer Placed an order and for some reason they always do the same stuff over and over again, order shipped and no tracking info when I ask i am told "We will contact carrier for tracking info" ??????

You send a package with tracking and dont know the info?
vewdew is offline Find More Posts by vewdew
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:33 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Mar 2012
19 Posts
oh well, it's all about the price... i think everybody who ordered stuff from asia had some "issues".
Quadframe is offline Find More Posts by Quadframe
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:28 PM
United States, MI, Macomb
Joined Apr 2009
2,327 Posts
I will bet my bottom dollar you will be buying from them again.
tacx is online now Find More Posts by tacx
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:07 AM
Bitten by the RC Bug....
India, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad
Joined Aug 2011
789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacx View Post
I will bet my bottom dollar you will be buying from them again.
No one sells as cheap as them. I've made 6-7 orders on Hobbyking and had NO issues with them and other RC sellers in India
vineet_p is offline Find More Posts by vineet_p
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:28 AM
Joined Jan 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet_p View Post
No one sells as cheap as them. I've made 6-7 orders on Hobbyking and had NO issues with them and other RC sellers in India
I never had missing parts or broken stuff delivered to me yet, but sometimes its just the small details that piss me off.
vewdew is offline Find More Posts by vewdew
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:41 AM
KI4KRA
United States, NC, Spring Lake
Joined May 2005
75 Posts
Spend a nickle 3 times or a dime once. I would rather have quality tried and true on-board my flying lawnmower around friends and family.
Ogrestud is offline Find More Posts by Ogrestud
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:32 AM
United States, MI, Macomb
Joined Apr 2009
2,327 Posts
I have been buying from them for three years. Not one issue with any product.

The laughable thing is....Almost all the electronic RC products you buy in the U.S. are made in China and some guy slaps a sticker on it and everyone thinks it is a American made product!!

I really want to support the American distributors, But I have a problem paying $80.00 for a battery they bought from China for $8.95. I understand shipping and handling cost, but come on are we that naive to think we are not getting ripped? Who is really screwing us?
tacx is online now Find More Posts by tacx
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:55 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,258 Posts
Although the vast majority of our products are made in China it doesnt mean that you have to accept inferior crqap just because of that.
Faulty product ? hit them immediately with a paypal dispute and dont take any crap instead copy and paste their emails and send them on to paypal.
NEVER accept that because something is cheap then you should expect at some point to receive a broken one and suck it up , no wonder they get away with selling so much crap.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:34 AM
Vermont
Joined Dec 2003
840 Posts
The world trade organization hates them. For a reason. That is true people need to dispute them via paypal. thats a good idea.
spacecase is offline Find More Posts by spacecase
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:46 AM
Joined Oct 2011
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifraf View Post
Looking for local (USA) to buy motors, ESCs and etc. please provide links... thanks.
man1024 is offline Find More Posts by man1024