HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:13 PM
Joined Dec 2011
105 Posts
Discussion
Windows-Based Profile/Model Manager for Spektrum Radios

Just an FYI . . . some active development on a tool for viewing and eventually editing model (.SPM) files is underway by a member over on HeliFreak. He's been getting a lot of suggestions (probably too many), but you might want to take a look at what he's come up with so far.

Here's a link to the thread.

Be gentle
Dodge DeBoulet is offline Find More Posts by Dodge DeBoulet
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2012, 01:52 PM
just Some Useless Geek
Chicagoland
Joined Oct 2008
2,539 Posts
I would participate in that thread, but I don't want to sign up for Yet Another Online Discussion Board and receive their never-ending stream of sponsor-based spam just so I can chat about the one issue that interests me. Oh, well.
A Useless Geek is offline Find More Posts by A Useless Geek
Old Apr 14, 2012, 04:59 PM
Joined Dec 2011
105 Posts
I haven't received anything I would term as SPAM due to my membership there.

Your loss.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 03:32 PM
just Some Useless Geek
Chicagoland
Joined Oct 2008
2,539 Posts
Hmm. How long have you been on that board? And is there a central clearinghouse for this data that doesn't require a chat board membership? A Google repository or a Yahoo code group or a Sourceforge project (my personal favorite)? If such a thing existed I'd be happy to join that. I already have stuff up on Google and Sourceforge.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 04:04 PM
Joined Dec 2011
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Useless Geek View Post
Hmm. How long have you been on that board? And is there a central clearinghouse for this data that doesn't require a chat board membership? A Google repository or a Yahoo code group or a Sourceforge project (my personal favorite)? If such a thing existed I'd be happy to join that. I already have stuff up on Google and Sourceforge.
4 months.

Look, I've posted a link to the site the author has elected to use to solicit participation. Do your own homework; It's not hard. Join, or not.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:22 AM
just Some Useless Geek
Chicagoland
Joined Oct 2008
2,539 Posts
Okay, I chased down the project by walking the thread. Unfortunately the project has mutated away from an editor and towards a simple "management" facility, so it doesn't have the functionality I am interested in. Oh, well. Thanks for posting this up anyway.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:43 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,904 Posts
I was linked this last week and check it out, was expecting to see something or was looking to see something and it did not contain what I was looking for.

I wish I was more advance in computer skillz to give a go at it myself but I guess I will just stick with what as work for me since it's release.

Word Pad or Programmer File Editor.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old May 09, 2012, 02:42 PM
Joined Dec 2011
105 Posts
Just an FYI . . . The SPM utility mentioned above now offers editing capability. It's very much a "use at your own risk" tool, but the author has made significant strides in functionality.