HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 01, 2012, 08:37 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,114 Posts
Just got word it will be another month as they got stuck in Europe during shipping.
bluemeane is offline Find More Posts by bluemeane
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:39 PM
Joined Aug 2010
21 Posts
Finally these have arrived, there was a considerable delay. I haven't had a chance to put one together yet but they look great. Not sure about equipment yet either but the HXM 2211-1700 or 2300 looks about right. So does the Hacker A05-13S. I already have some Hitec HS35HB's for it. The weight of the plane without equipment is around 35 grams. I snapped a quick picture of it with the Hotwing 1200.
Ben
World Toy is offline Find More Posts by World Toy
Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:42 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,114 Posts
When will you have them available for sale? And any chance on videos or a review.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:51 PM
Joined Aug 2010
21 Posts
We have them for sale on RCBaron.com now. There will be reviews here and RCU at some point, I am waiting to hear back with the reviewers addresses to send them out. I will be making videos of all of the new planes in the next couple months.
Ben
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:37 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Toy View Post
We have them for sale on RCBaron.com now. There will be reviews here and RCU at some point, I am waiting to hear back with the reviewers addresses to send them out. I will be making videos of all of the new planes in the next couple months.
Ben
I went to order one from your site and it doesn't offer any shipping options cheaper than UPS (Way more than it should be but not your fault )

Any chance of doing USPS?
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:04 PM
Joined Aug 2010
21 Posts
Yes, I have been swamped with so much other stuff to be able to get to the USPS shipping. Email or PM me your number and I can take care of it over the phone.
Thanks
Ben
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:15 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,114 Posts
I got my order in today over the phone with Ben. Can't wait to get it and build it out!!

Will post my impression and photos when I get it.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:40 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,114 Posts
I got my hotwing today (MAN is this box TINY!!) and am impressed with the build. It went together in about an hour and looks like it will be a good light flyer. The winglets are weird to me as they are in from the ends a bit and seem to kinda of "funnel" in to the middle. Like this: / \

I also went a little different on the build and pushed my battery connector from the ESC through to the top side and will have a strip of Velcro down the middle so I can move the battery to get best balance with different packs. I also did this so the bottom was not going to be more cramped as it already is. lol Also it left me really only one place to put the battery in the very nose of it as I had put the Rx and ESC in line in the middle right over the wing seam.

I also had to move the servos in a little towards the middle from where they said to do it as the ones I had seemed to have shorter wires than the ones they used as I couldn't reach a Rx with mine in the stock positions. This hopefully shouldn't matter as they are still evenly spaced from the center and the linkage still makes it to the control surfaces.

I'll post picks of the build tomorrow or late tonight so you can see how I did it. I will also give the specifics of my gear that I used and hopefully a flight review tomorrow.

Here are the pics, haven't flown it yet. lol
Last edited by bluemeane; Aug 28, 2012 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Added pictures
Old Sep 26, 2012, 05:09 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,114 Posts
I just can't seem to get this thing to fly man. It really just dants to fall out of the sky
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:49 PM
Joined Aug 2010
21 Posts
That's unfortunate. What is it doing?
Give me until next week to get mine together and I'll try to see what may be the problem.
Ben
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:39 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,114 Posts
It either flops to the left or right, or it seems to be unstable on the yaw axis. I have moved and tried different batteries and nothing seems to work.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:15 PM
Joined Aug 2010
21 Posts
Ok I finally had a chance to get mine together. I did not notice any problems at all, it basically flies like the larger ones only a little less stable (to be expected at the small size). Looking at your pictures you may be too tail heavy. I am using a Hacker A05-13S with a GWS 5x3, Hitec Minima reduced to 3grams, Thunderbird 9 ESC and a Rhino 2S 360Lipo. I had to move everything as far forward as I could to get close to the recommended GC of 90-100mm aft of the nose. Mine came out at 90g with the above equipment and Hitec HS35HB servos.

Here is a link to a bad video of it flying
Hacker Hotwing 500 test flight (1 min 32 sec)

Hope this helps
Ben
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:21 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,114 Posts
Hotwing 500 (4 min 28 sec)
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:15 PM
Joined Aug 2010
21 Posts
Looks like you got it flying! What motor are you running? It looks and sounds a lot more powerful than mine. Glad you got it working ok.
Ben
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:14 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Toy View Post
Looks like you got it flying! What motor are you running? It looks and sounds a lot more powerful than mine. Glad you got it working ok.
Ben
When I get home I will give you the motor info. Its a little cheapie from Hk I am sure, just can't think right off the top of my head.

And yeah I got her going pretty good didn't I? And she can slow down too!

Now I just need to get my little (Even smaller) Micro swift going. I was going to use the guts from a beast but alas it wont do delta in anyway I could find. Will need to set it up similar to this one, I was just hoping for a surper tiny and light flyer with her. Oh well...