HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:18 AM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
994 Posts
Help!
Retracts Servo - Which one!!!

I have a pair of Great Planes .10 size mechanical retracts (gpmq2900) that i decided to put into my parkzone p-51d mustang BL. I bought some e-retracts by hobbyzone that are about 3-5mm deeper than the e-flight ones that just BARELY fit. so i decided to go this route to save from cutting so deep into my foam wing.

What i need to know is which servo to use for these retracts. I am looking at getting a servo regulator to slow the speed down so i am not sure if i need metal gears. I have an extra HS-55 but i am not sure the torque is enough. I didn't really wanna drop 30 bucks on an hs65 that has WAY more than enough torque either if the 55 can hang.

Not sure what to do guys, first set of retracts! Any help welcome! Thanks so much in advance!
xfatdannx is offline Find More Posts by xfatdannx
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:19 AM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
994 Posts
bump

anyone have a link to read about servos?
Old Apr 17, 2012, 08:24 AM
Dubai, UAE
Joined Jun 2004
71 Posts
I use two HS55 servos on my E flite sea fury.
Occasionally they will strip a gear, but just keep a bag of spare gears and swap out as required.
With two servos you have to have them on individual r/x channels so you can adjust the end points individually, with one you will not have this problem.
If adjusted correctly and your landings are reasonable, the 55 will be fine.

Darryl
djay is offline Find More Posts by djay
Old Apr 19, 2012, 03:34 AM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
994 Posts
i was talking to a guy a LHS and he said i might be able to get away with one hs55 since i mentioned i am gonna be adding a servo regulator to slow it down. I would prefer to only use one. He mentioned the hs85 and 65 but those seem like a little more torque than i would need. not sure.