HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 11, 2012, 05:59 AM
Air Traffic Controller
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Aug 2011
250 Posts
Discussion
Futaba FASST on 8FG. HFP current draw...

Good morning folks! The build is coming along and I wanted to throw a few questions out there.

I'm using a Futaba 8FG Super and the R6208SB reciever. Has anyone used the FASST mode with the HFP? I've also managed to get the S-BUS working with the PWM converter. Can I use these extra channels with the HFP?

Also, is 1 amp enough current for the Hoverfly Pro board and or the GPS board? I'm considering building a linear supply just for those controllers. I realized the ESC had switching supplies after seeing the torrid and reading the manual for the ESC. (imagine that!) I thought I could eliminate a little noise with a few parts laying around.

Best regards,
Fred
Webheadfred is offline Find More Posts by Webheadfred
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:28 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,533 Posts
http://www.gpdealera.com/cgi-bin/wga...pgm?I=FUTL7668
It says 7.4v battery or regulated power but does not list current. I expect that it is way lower than 1 amp.

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:53 AM
Air Traffic Controller
Joined Aug 2011
250 Posts
Thanks RC... I was more wondering about the current draw on the HFP and GPS boards. With all the components, I'm thinking it may be at least close to 1 amp.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:43 AM
Air Traffic Controller
Joined Aug 2011
250 Posts
Well that was about dumb since the ESC's are only used to power the reciever. I can just power the reciever and not use the ESC BEC function. DOH!
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:47 PM
I'll fly anything...
Hamilton, New Zealand
Joined Jan 2007
962 Posts
I recommend no matter what you do that you check the rx voltage with a meter with everything connected.

I made a little video for the CopterControl forum demonstrating why you should use separate ubecs for the camera servos and why you should always check the voltage. I was going to use some small and cheap HK ubecs for the rx and control board but found that even 500mA-1A on a "3A ubec" took the voltage below 5v!

FYI...

Openpilot Multicopter voltage testing / board malfunction (4 min 42 sec)

Pete
Efliernz is offline Find More Posts by Efliernz