Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:55 PM
Owen Sound
Joined Apr 2009
3 Posts
Discussion
Nitro stampede modded wheelie bar!

Stampede modded #3678 wheelie bar!!!!
ok.. so i went to my local hobby shop.. and the guy there accidently sold me the wrong wheelie bar

i have the 4109 nitro stampede.. and he sold me the #3678 wheelie bar for the ELEC Stampede..

i even asked about it before i bought, anfd he assured me it would fit with minimal effort.. ya..OK!

pulled out the dremmel and went to work..

the stock rear bumper got cut in half.. making it ALOT easier to access the battery pack.. first great idea..

then i tapped some 4 new holes in bottom of the wheelie bar mount AND the rear bumper..(just before the battery box.. also had the cut notches into the battery box to accomidate the screws) and took the 4 screws and CA to it..

left it over night.. then modded some stock traxxas shocks (bent the rod to the proper angle mid shaft so the springs clear the battery box and attach to the wheelie bar mount.. i also popped out the ball joints that were pressed into the shocks and used the dremmel to shave down the mounts)

all i did for the side that "attached" to the main rear shock tower.. was simply use the mounts of the shock caps to wedge into the larger holes of the tower just under the exhaust mount.. and BAM.. they slide out "easy" (well. they wont fall out on impact, you need to tension the springs a fair ammount to get them to slide out.. and the mounts that attach to the wheelie bar mount itself rotate to make it easier to get em out of the way to change batteries and such)

TWO SCREWS IN MY MOUNT PIC ARE HIDDEN... I PUT IN TWO FROM THE BOTTOMINTO THE BAR MOUNT.. AND TWO FROM THE TOP THROUGH THE BUMPER... AND CA'D THEM IN PLACE

works AMAZING.. the bent shaft of the shock prevents the rod from sliding in too far, thusly allowing only so much play in the rear bumper.. and the springs provide the perfect ammount of cushioning to absorb the impact of those hard wheelies)

oh and BTW.. THE STARTER STILL FITS NO WORRIES!!!!!!

heres some pix!!

Heli_Havok is offline Find More Posts by Heli_Havok
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:22 AM
Outdoor Extremist
Pennsylvania
Joined Jul 2010
1,006 Posts
dude thats a great display of being determined to work with what you have got available to you and being creative thats sick and awesome great idea and great job, i modded my wheelie bar for my rustler and its electric to make it more durable and a little tougher for bashing
rustlererad3 is offline Find More Posts by rustlererad3
Old Apr 14, 2012, 02:49 PM
Owen Sound
Joined Apr 2009
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustlererad3 View Post
dude thats a great display of being determined to work with what you have got available to you and being creative thats sick and awesome great idea and great job, i modded my wheelie bar for my rustler and its electric to make it more durable and a little tougher for bashing

THANK YOU! like my daddy always said "Improvise, Adapt, Overcome..."

i love this wheelie bar mod.. turned out wayyy better then i thought it would... i had been mulling over the idea of incorporating the suspension shocks in the wheelie bar for a couple days.. then it all came together

and i love that this wheelie bar is adjustable to different hights.. makes long high speed wheelies a breeze and jump recovery is easier too..

and if i dun wanna use it.. i adjust it to the highest setting and its out the other way...
Heli_Havok is offline Find More Posts by Heli_Havok
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:28 AM
Outdoor Extremist
Pennsylvania
Joined Jul 2010
1,006 Posts
thats awesome man its good stuff
rustlererad3 is offline Find More Posts by rustlererad3
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:47 PM
Joined Dec 2011
24 Posts
post a vid of u doing some weelies plz