HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2003, 10:18 PM
My cat up close
England
Joined Feb 2001
4,021 Posts
Printing .pdf plans to scale?

I have a plan here one one page of .pdf.
Can anyone tell me how to print to the exact scale?

I am using Adobe Acrobat,with an Epson 880.

I have selected the poster function,and can print up to 16 pages,but what do I have to do,to get an exact size printout?

Can anyone help,please??

I don't want to keep wasting ink/paper and time like this!

Many thanks,

Matt
bipeflyer is offline Find More Posts by bipeflyer
Old Oct 26, 2003, 07:19 PM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
Matt, hopefully someone knows this!!
Don
Don Sims is offline Find More Posts by Don Sims
Old Oct 26, 2003, 07:33 PM
Certified Slopehead
San Diego, CA.
Joined Jan 2001
2,268 Posts
Not much to do unless you have access to a poster printer/plotter....That's what I did for a bunch of plans and it worked great. If not, do they have Kinko's or something similar where you can go have them print it out on a large printer?
tenover is offline Find More Posts by tenover
Old Oct 27, 2003, 02:42 AM
My cat up close
England
Joined Feb 2001
4,021 Posts
Well, I know it CAN be done on a PC,I need to find out how to 'tile' the drawings,then sellotape them all together.

I can use the 16 page poster setting on my printer, but the finished results are larger than 100% even though the setting is left at 100%

Someone must now how!?
(Peeeasse!!!)

Matt
bipeflyer is offline Find More Posts by bipeflyer
Old Oct 27, 2003, 12:26 PM
DNA
NE Ohio
Joined Jun 2001
3,311 Posts
While not the easiest thing to do, it can be done without too much difficulty and in the case of this Ultimate bipe, the print-outs are full size, with no resizing needed.

It doesn't matter what magnification you use to view the plan. I left it at the 32% that it started at. Unfortunately there is no grid you can turn on to help when drawing the rectangles so you will have to estimate where to draw them.

Use the Graphics Select tool in the top toolbar. You need to draw a rectangle on the plan with dimensions of about 8x10.5" to fit a sheet of paper. The whole plan is about 31x24", so you'll need to draw 9 rectangles to print the whole plan. I've diagramed where 6 of the rectangles should be drawn on the plan. The lower three would be for the wing. It's best to overlap the rectangles a little so when you trim the paper, you can get accurate alignment.

After you draw a rectangle, Right click inside the rectangle and select Print. A Print window will open. This is the important part. Uncheck all of the boxes except for the dot next to Selected Image. Then print it out. It should be full size without any need for scaling or resizing. Then it's just cut and tape all the pieces together. It took about an hour to print and tape them all.
DNA is offline Find More Posts by DNA
Old Apr 07, 2014, 09:34 AM
Joined Apr 2014
0 Posts
To print plans from PDF to tiled PDF go to this site and download the free tiler. I have just printed a super sixty plan red zephyr plan and Trenton terror plan and all were to correct scale. I hope this solves your problem. Model airplane plans - viewing scale & print PDF files. Free
Big tone is offline Find More Posts by Big tone
Old Apr 07, 2014, 09:40 AM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
445 Posts
One option would be to take it to a Kinko's (et al) and do a full sized plot.

Costs a few bucks, but might be worth it to get a couple of them.
Indiana_Geoff is online now Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Apr 07, 2014, 08:28 PM
1984 is no longer fiction
United States
Joined Mar 2012
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana_Geoff View Post
One option would be to take it to a Kinko's (et al) and do a full sized plot.

Costs a few bucks, but might be worth it to get a couple of them.
NO - I took a set to Kinko's. They came out 3/4" undersized.
I took the same file to a local blueprint shop and they were exact!

I also print full size plans on 8.5 x 11 and piece them together. I use the free Adobe 10 reader and choose the tile feature in the print menu.
War is Peace is offline Find More Posts by War is Peace