HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 10, 2012, 06:18 PM
RC Bum 4 Hire
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined May 2004
1,150 Posts
New Product
Bowker Aero Carbon Fiber Hardware

I'm happy to say that I have finally gotten my indoor carbon hardware kits to the point that I'm ready to start selling them. For now three kits and two motor mounts are available. These three kits are intended to be a "complete hardware" kit for a 3mm indoor foamie. They all consist of 1x Biased aileron horn(or diff horn for short) 2x aileron horns, and 2x tail horns(one short for the Elevator and one long for the Rudder. The AM kits also include 2x tail servo arms. All kits come as pictured in the photo's, pre-sanded and ready for use.

The biased aileron horn included in these kits have the "Z bend" connection points drilled on a radius to provide 4 different angles(11, 21, 31, 41) that your aileron pushrod can run at and still be at 90 digress to the center of the servo arm(doing this provides an even amount of up and down throw on your ailerons) I will up load detailed instructions on how to go about setting this up for those of you who do not know.

The first two kits(see photo's one and two) are intended for AM(freestyle) models with either push pull or pull pull control horns for the Rudder and Elevator. These are both seven piece kits. The holes in these for the "Z bends" are drilled to .023" making them perfect for .025 music wire. The Holes in the Pull pull horns are drilled to .032 and work well with most of the thinner pull pull string everyone is using now days. A complete set of the pull pull hardware with the generic motor mount weighs aprox 2.3grams. The over all length on the Aileron horns is aprox 2-5/8".

The third kit(see photo three) is intended for Pattern models and utilizes "heatshrink connections" on the control horns. This is only a five piece set(it does not include servo arms for the tail servo's) this set is designed to be used with 3/64 heatshrink that is readily available at most every electrical contractor supply house. This kit still uses "z bends" on the biased aileron horn as its the only way to make a "universal" arm. The over all length on the aileron horns is just over 2.5".

I also have two motor mounts for sale The first is a dedicated Hacker mount with the appropriate drill pattern for 10mm Hacker outrunners. The second is "generic" mount that can be adapted to a wide rage of motors, this mount comes un-drilled and the radius on the top of the mount is 1". As these mounts are cut from .020 plate they are ONLY INTENDED FOR PATTERN FLYING and should not be used with a motor exceeding 55 watts. They have been known to break with A-10-9L's. These mounts have four 1/16" holes located on the outer edges of the mounts, these are intended as "pin holes" for a .060 carbon rod that must run back at least 1" into the nose of the model, failure to do this can cause the motor to break free.

How to order?
http://www.bowker-aircraft.com/carbon-fiber-hardware/

Feel free to ask any questions, comments ect,

Thanks for looking
Chris Bowker
Bowkeraero@gmail.com
ChrisBowker is offline Find More Posts by ChrisBowker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by ChrisBowker; Dec 09, 2012 at 12:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2012, 08:31 PM
"Free" in Christ!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jan 2012
864 Posts
Congrats,

Looks really nice! Now I have to get some.

Free
Free is online now Find More Posts by Free
Old Apr 10, 2012, 10:28 PM
RC Bum 4 Hire
Joined May 2004
1,150 Posts
Thanks Free, I have a bunch of sets pre-cut and ready to ship out.

Chris
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Gen2 Bowker CF hardware
Old Apr 19, 2012, 08:33 PM
I fly 3-C Crash,Crunch,Crumble
USA, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2010
1,084 Posts
I have not used all that I got from You at TINY, but will be in the market for more at the plainview event. Do you have or are you planning on making the standard "X" or cross mount for the small Hacker motors for the 3mm depron planes? Roy
Mr. foambuilder is offline Find More Posts by Mr. foambuilder
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:56 AM
RC Bum 4 Hire
Joined May 2004
1,150 Posts
Out of Carbon or G10 like the OEM Hacker mounts?
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 20, 2012, 05:34 PM
I fly 3-C Crash,Crunch,Crumble
USA, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2010
1,084 Posts
Chris; Yes like the OEM A10 hacker mounts so that we can tape them on to 3 mil Depron. You know I am a customer by the number of crashes I have. Oh well, just a part of the game. Roy
Mr. foambuilder is offline Find More Posts by Mr. foambuilder
Old Apr 26, 2012, 05:25 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Nov 2003
863 Posts
Awesome hardware Chris! The parts arrived yesterday and they are, well, beautiful. I have a carbon fetish.

All the best,

jwf
jofo1 is offline Find More Posts by jofo1
Old Apr 26, 2012, 09:43 PM
RC Bum 4 Hire
Joined May 2004
1,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. foambuilder View Post
Chris; Yes like the OEM A10 hacker mounts so that we can tape them on to 3 mil Depron. You know I am a customer by the number of crashes I have. Oh well, just a part of the game. Roy
sadly I can't make the cost work on the g10 mounts right now...I hope to soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jofo1 View Post
Awesome hardware Chris! The parts arrived yesterday and they are, well, beautiful. I have a carbon fetish.

All the best,

jwf
Thanks! I too share in the carbon fetish...plus the weight savings vs. ply horns makes it a win win.

Chris
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:07 PM
RC Bum 4 Hire
Joined May 2004
1,150 Posts
You can now get my CF hardware from my webpage(http://www.bowker-aircraft.com/carbon-fiber-hardware/)

Thanks for looking,
Chris
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:57 PM
Joined Nov 2003
863 Posts
Chris,

Are you still selling the motor mounts, the website doesnt have them?

thx
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:30 AM
RC Bum 4 Hire
Joined May 2004
1,150 Posts
A new style of universal mount cut from multiple materials will be posted to the site shortly...Ive been told by the boss that if I don't have them posted to the site by tomorrow morning not to bother coming in

Chris
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:27 PM
RC Bum 4 Hire
Joined May 2004
1,150 Posts
New motor mounts are up on my site @: http://www.bowker-aircraft.com/carbon-fiber-hardware/

Both mounts are the same physical size(2-1/2" sq) and cut from .020 CF plate and .030 FG plate.

Chris
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:54 PM
"Free" in Christ!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jan 2012
864 Posts
Nice!

Free
Free is online now Find More Posts by Free
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:27 PM
Joined Nov 2003
863 Posts
order placed.
Old Jan 01, 2014, 09:50 AM
RC Bum 4 Hire
Joined May 2004
1,150 Posts
To help bring in the new year I'm running a 20% off sale on all of my CF hardware! until the end of the week. Enter the coupon code "2014" during check out. http://www.bowker-models.com/carbon-fiber-hardware/

Note:this does not stack with the buy 5 get the 6th free offer.

Chris
RCG Plus Member