SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 10, 2012, 06:06 PM
N.F. Dawn Patrol
Jax. Fl.
Joined Jun 2006
288 Posts
Rant
Hobby King Customer service.

Ok first i have to say i very much like hobby king. Out of 9 orders from them over the years, finally i have a shipping problem. On feb 24 i placed a 230.00 order, on top of that paying 97.00 for 7-21 day shipping.(normally bite the bullet and get the ems shipping but didnt have the $).
Now I live in Callahan Fl. 32011 .Now on March 24th it says it arrived in MIAMI at the sort facility300+ miles from me. It then updates to say on march 24 that the package is UNCLAIMED and sent back to seller.???? After contacting USPS that night and confirming it never made it to Callahan Fl 32011 It was already on a plane back to seller.I asked them WHY would it have gone to Miami?.. Somewhere around miami is a 33011 area code. One digit off from mine.Since then ive spent about 5 hours waiting for online service only to be told they will have to wait until the package gets back to START an investigation.Submitting trouble tickets only leads to them emailing me 10 days later with thank you for your inquire, your package was shipped on x date. DUHHH. They can see it never made it to me for delivery/pickup and its on its way back, and they DONT like you filing a dispute with paypal as i found out. How much you guys want to bet they will try to make me pay shipping again?? Am i screwed or what?
Easy
Easyrydr is online now Find More Posts by Easyrydr
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:18 PM
Joined Mar 2011
76 Posts
I've had a similar episode , but with a faulty charger, sent it back with a RMA code and all the stuff needed ( ofcourse I payed for shipping) ... Took like a month for them to replace it with a new one , but finally I got a new charger back (Turnigy acucell 6) .. I did not have to pay the shipping that time , so i dont think they will charge you again the 97.00 ( lets hope so) ...

Another thing , the live support and the support center in hobbyking is really , really slow ... I contacted one of the live chat operators today and told him if he could inform their manager that is really difficult to spend an hour a day waiting for live chat to respond ( besides you dont get notifications on when they return your call , so you must stand by the screen seeing if they answer or not) ... Today it took me around an hour , and the waiting gets longer every day... I remember a year ago , you just had to wait 10 minutes or so .. Lets hope it gets back to being what it was before..

I opened up a post about this in the hobbyking forum , but I have lost hope on getting an answer, anyways here is the link if anybody wants to write something in complaint with the service http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/f...=180762#180762
javipons22 is offline Find More Posts by javipons22
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:07 PM
Airlady
United States, TX
Joined Jan 2012
35 Posts
Their Live chat thing is literally impossible

Calling them I dont have life long enough for that lol

I do my homework and order as I need alway's ordering a extra part just in case
Airlady is offline Find More Posts by Airlady
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:19 PM
Fabrication Extraordinaire!
United States, MI, Niles
Joined Mar 2008
986 Posts
One thing to understand is when buying from China, money only goes one way. Once they have your money you mean nothing. It's a sad reality! Buy American when possible...
flyinjrc74 is offline Find More Posts by flyinjrc74
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:28 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2011
195 Posts
I've had a similar issue as well.

I live in Canada and the parcel has been sent to my address. The tracking code said the parcel arrived at local post office and then it just left Canada going back to the sender. They did not tried to deliver the box. I asked for refund, I've got my money back regarding the products but they did not refunded the shipping cost. They have never investigated the issue.

2 months later, I placed the order once again. No lucky, there was a backorder item. I've received the parcel 3 months after I placed the order... + I've got a DOA(Dead on arrival) product. Ship it back to HobbyKing to get a new one. (It's been 4 weeks already, no feedback...)

@Flyinjrc74 is right... Avoid it as much as you can....
runner2k is offline Find More Posts by runner2k
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:34 PM
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
I use the USA warehouse for anything substantial, and only order smaller cheap items from overseas HK warehouse, things that aren't crucial to me time wise like extra orangerx receivers etc. The USA warehouse is super quick, when I order batteries from them I usually get them within 3 days of ordering, and I'm on the east coast... YMMV of course. Typically though I drive my business through my LHS whenever possible, and just order ancillary stuff from HK.

Tom
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:26 AM
Say Thea dyaoggh
Houston Tx
Joined Feb 2005
189 Posts
they sent me beat up parts in my new 500TT and after many hours of wasted time and emails and pictures sent me nothing. Ive ordered like 5 orders. Theyre a head ache to deal with shipping takes for ever and you cant easily get with them ever butsometimes if you have a month theryre the only ones to get a few things at that price so we do it.. The shipping is way over priced and it takes a month but it is what it is. ripped of intellectual property at a resonable price.
blueindian is offline Find More Posts by blueindian
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:50 AM
Hairston
Fieldale
Joined Sep 2009
5 Posts
Don't mess with them period!!!!!

There communication is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!I WILL NEVER PLACE A ORDER WITH THEM AGAIN.I PLACED A ORDER AND IT POPPED UP THAT IS WAS BEING SHIPPED FROM OVERSEAS.I THOUGHT THEY WERE IN THE US ACCORDING TO THERE PAGE.THEM THEY SEND ME A TRACKING # SAYING IT CAN TAKE UP TO 45 DAYS FOR ME TO RECEIVE MY ITEM.WHEN I FOUND OUT THIS WAS GOING TO BE AN OVERSEAS SHIPMENT I TRIED TO CANCEL MY ORDER IMMEDIATLY BUT THAT IS WHEN THE COMMUNICATION FACTOR COME IN TO PLAY.YOU CAN'T REACH THEM IN KNOW KIND OF WAY PERIOD.I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR TWO WEEKS EVERTDAY AND IT IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
hairston31 is offline Find More Posts by hairston31
Old Apr 11, 2012, 04:48 AM
N.F. Dawn Patrol
Jax. Fl.
Joined Jun 2006
288 Posts
Ive placed 8 other orders from then over the past 5 years though with no problems at all though. I dont mind the waiting so much, but the not knowing and customer NOservice ive ran into is maddening. I hate buying out of country but you cant beat their prices.
Easyrydr is online now Find More Posts by Easyrydr
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:48 AM
Which way is it blowing?
San Francisco, CA
Joined Feb 2009
353 Posts
I bought two planes form HK in Nov '11, received them in Dec '11. The esc's and motors were faulty. I mailed them back, asking them for replacement and have never received anything back. Very frustrating. They claim they are waiting for the replacement parts from the mfr. It's been 4 months!

No more HK for me!
SF Sloper is offline Find More Posts by SF Sloper
Old Apr 12, 2012, 06:08 PM
United States, LA, Gray
Joined Jul 2011
214 Posts
I'm done buying from the overseas location; too much BS. ONLY purchasing from the USA store! Not sure how common courtesy gets lost across the pond, but it works both ways...just not purchasing another item from the international store!
DontTMACajun is offline Find More Posts by DontTMACajun
Old Apr 12, 2012, 06:54 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,148 Posts
I used to order from HK about 20 orders last few years. However, I will not order from them again since their shipping sucks lately.
Even you pay EMS, I did not get them until 3 weeks.
I used to get them in 3 to 4 days.
I order very much from hobbypartz now.
whatala is offline Find More Posts by whatala
Old Apr 12, 2012, 07:20 PM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinjrc74 View Post
One thing to understand is when buying from China, money only goes one way. Once they have your money you mean nothing. It's a sad reality! Buy American when possible...
Buy what? This hobby isn't possible without china and others over there.
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old Apr 13, 2012, 08:23 AM
United States, IL, Huntley
Joined Oct 2008
386 Posts
From my personal dealings with HKs customer service....their process is just "BAD NEWS!" Are there any other emerging Chinese RC hobby companies that are competitive but offer better service ?
KenS999 is offline Find More Posts by KenS999
Old Apr 15, 2012, 03:24 AM
Airlady
United States, TX
Joined Jan 2012
35 Posts
They Drag their butts Shipping , communication is impossible and everytime I want to place a order on a simple ESC or Their HK TX RX Literally everything is Alway's
OUT OF STOCK

Total BS they need better True Compassion , customer Service does not exist or it is always a computer generated bogus thing ....

Sorry
HK I am upset
Airlady is offline Find More Posts by Airlady